Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Grimsby

Ratwhite

1 minute ago, Werder barmen said:

The big hitters haven't turned up enough yet this season

sarce - crawford - Delfouneso - doyle 

Agree, all need to offer more.

Do think Doyle is having it hardest out of them all though, not getting good enough service from the other 3.

4 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Positves: last 15 minutes of first half , Santos & Tutte 

negatives: all of the second half , pointless substitutions , crossing 

When Baptiste & Comley came on it seemed to unsettle Santos their suicide pissing about at the back is frightening.

Maybe we can get some pacy loanee like Edwards who when he came on was a constant thorn & nearly won the game for them.

That Edwards was absolutely shite . He had baptiste 1 on 1, came inside and ballooned it 15 yards over the bar. Constant thorn ....behave. he was fucking rubbish. 

Right word to describe our attack has been mentioned already - ponderous.

If Doyle is in the box, he has 4 or 5 around him as they have had all day to get back.

Baptiste ? Someone explain this for me please.

Absolute liability. Looked under little threat until he came on.

14 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Don't want to criticise a young lad too much but Brockbanks passing & crossing was beyond shit. 

I didnt see it that way at all, thought his passing was excellent, but his crosses kept getting charged down, but that's not his game.  

Looks like we've got 2 excellent centre backs in Santos and Delaney, I just wish they could play as a pairing in the middle and 2 proper full backs.  I was encouraged by Brockbank, thought he looked very assured, made Baptiste look like the novice.  

Comley's best half hour for us, looked better and stronger.

1 minute ago, Arrested development said:

That Edwards was absolutely shite . He had baptiste 1 on 1, came inside and ballooned it 15 yards over the bar. Constant thorn ....behave. he was fucking rubbish. 

Well he found space behind our defence down the channels , more than you can say about Doyle & Delfonso. Santos had to bring him down in injury time .There was only one team likely to score in injury time & it wasn’t us.

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Brockbank is better at RWB than Hickman. Don’t really rate Hickman to be fair. Looks a step too far, get him out on loan and sign a loan in who’s better

Hickman has been one of the few positives so far this season imo. Not his best game today but his crosses did beat the first man unlike Brockbank's.

No urgency, no creativity! Crying out for a winger! I would like Mr Evatt to explain why, with a few minutes to go, Crellin is doing a 5 yard pass to Santos, when we should be getting the ball forward asap? And why do we keep trying to pass through the middle, when Doyle and Dfonso as theiir back to the goals? Really frustrating to watch, and very worrying when we havent scored a goal at home against shite!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Mantra said:

Hickman has been one of the few positives so far this season imo. Not his best game today but his crosses did beat the first man unlike Brockbank's.

Id say brockbank at centre back was better than hickman at wing back

Not really fair to judge brockbank in a position that isnt his

Could probably make the same defence for hickman, if im honest

Just now, woolli said:

No urgency, no creativity! Crying out for a winger! I would like Mr Evatt to explain why, with a few minutes to go, Crellin is doing a 5 yard pass to Santos, when we should be getting the ball forward asap? And why do we keep trying to pass through the middle, when Doyle and Dfonso as theiir back to the goals? Really frustrating to watch, and very worrying when we havent scored a goal at home against shite!

After all the outcry over how shit the defence is from the first few games, I actually think our link-up between midfield and attack is a bigger problem. Brockbank, Delaney and Santos seem a solid back 3. 

Seen very little combination play between Sarcevic, Crawford, Delfounso and Doyle. Most of our nice play has been on the flanks, little chipped balls to the wingback to get him to the byline then cross it in. Where's the intricate triangles from the midfield 3? All look static and slow on the ball too often. Not enough movement today was a massive issue. No one looking to make things happen off the ball.