Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Grimsby

Ratwhite

• Moderators

Was half watching whilst doing work

Seemed to me we lacked cutting edge up front but if we'd got one maybe more would come

After 0 from 3, I'm happy enough with 4 from 2 and our first clean sheet

I expect to beat Oldham but something needs to change up top, be it approach or personnel, for all the good attacking signings we've made it's generally not happening

But, our defending has improved so hopefully it will improve at the other end too

Good to see everyone run off at halftime again

Edited by ZicoKelly

1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

We should walk this division; not going to do but should

why? can u think of another club that has brought in 20 players in a close season and has got instant success? The players we have bought a lot from non league and league 2. truth is we are nothing special on the pitch at the moment. Ok the skill level isnt great in this league but most of these teams have been playing together for a good few years and have not just been thrown together.Ā 

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

Yeah,don't know whether it's coz he's got a barrel chest, he looks about 2 stone overweight and is as fast as as snail, he's captain, so we've got to persevere.

Just didn't do anything of note, Santos looks a player though šŸ‘

3 minutes ago, snowball said:

why? can u think of another club that has brought in 20 players in a close season and has got instant success? The players we have bought a lot from non league and league 2. truth is we are nothing special on the pitch at the moment. Ok the skill level isnt great in this league but most of these teams have been playing together for a good few years and have not just been thrown together.Ā 

That's pretty much the situation sadly. I'm back to thinking "at least we've got a club" and "at least we aren't on minus 12 points".Ā 

And also .... "at least there's some football to talk about".

The only way is up. I think.

Just now, paulhanley said:

That's pretty much the situation sadly. I'm back to thinking "at least we've got a club" and "at least we aren't on minus 12 points".Ā 

it is. we got beat fucking 7-1 by Accrington bastard Stanley and are a league lower than them and other one man and his dog shite like Rochdale.Ā  We arent walking anything Ā a steady improvement is all we csn hope for.

20 minutes ago, darrener said:

Just didn't do anything of note, Santos looks a player though šŸ‘

Santos was great. 3 weeks ago he was the worst player to pull a Bolton shirt on.Ā 
Ā 

some good build up play, but final pass was poor. Slowly but surely

21 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

This.

Delfounso was off his game today, he's been excellent so far, and without his link up play, we posed little to no threat.Ā 

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, snowball said:

Good post

Iā€™m struggling to think how anyone could argue against this.

Itā€™s work in progress, our season wonā€™t be defined by this result.Ā Ā 

Santos has gone from purple aki in a Bolton shirt to Maldini in 2 weeks.Ā 

Agree with a few others... The big hitters aren't creating the chances they should be.Ā 

It was nice watching us pass it about well today but if we don't get a shot on target in 100 minutes what's the fucking point!Ā 

Bottom of the league up next!Ā 

• Members
28 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Santos has gone from purple aki in a Bolton shirt to Maldini in 2 weeks.Ā 

Agree with a few others... The big hitters aren't creating the chances they should be.Ā 

It was nice watching us pass it about well today but if we don't get a shot on target in 100 minutes what's the fucking point!Ā 

Bottom of the league up next!Ā 

If Santos is in the middle of the 3 , weā€™ll be hard to beat because his reading of the game, anticipation and his extra yard will do wonders, a back two pairing I get a bit nervousĀ 

2 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

That was better than I expected actually. Santos is improving, and Brockbank Hickman and Crawford had halfĀ decent games.

A cleanĀ sheet helps too. Two poor sides really.

Me too. I've said it 3 times now Santos could have played for city today and not looked out of place might be a way back into the big time for us.

36 minutes ago, jeep said:

I think Santos may have shifted a bit of timber, that's probably helping him....

šŸ‘

He's also stopped charging up the field at any opportunity and it's helped just having him concentrating on defending , big hats off to Delaney who is playing well and seems to gel really well with Santos.

• Site Supporter

Iā€™m delighted to see Santos look much better and back end of last season I thought Delaney looked the part too.

Take football out of it, these are young lads moving away from their families or having to bring wives & children to a new area. They are going to take a while to settle as well as getting used to a new team.Ā 
give them time, weā€™ll be ok

0 shots on target is unacceptable at this level.

thought Hickman had a good first half and got some good balls in - so why subbed ?

yet again, Doyle (the rolls Royce of a striker at this level) had no decent balls to him all game.

goalie launches it out of play at least 4 times, with this playing out from the back lark

Ā 

0 goals in 3 home games - the natives would have been giving dogs abuse

overall, just shite against a shiteĀ side

38 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Iā€™m delighted to see Santos look much better and back end of last season I thought Delaney looked the part too.

Take football out of it, these are young lads moving away from their families or having to bring wives & children to a new area. They are going to take a while to settle as well as getting used to a new team.Ā 
give them time, weā€™ll be ok

I agree you need time to settle in a new environment, but if you wereĀ manager would you not break them into the first team gently?Ā  The first couple of games saw little to no involvement for players that were already "settled" - no sign of Delaney, Darcy, BrockbankĀ and no Crawford initially.Ā  Greenidge and White not only new to Bolton but new to Div 2 football got no settling in time.Ā  IE wasĀ not blameless in the 1st few games.