Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its very strange with Sarcevic, not that he's playing poorly, that happens to all players, but that we cant see any evidence of what he's about yet.  Crawford's shooting isnt spot on, but anyone can see that's where his potential is, with free kicks narrowly wide or passes that are a yard or 2 too ambitious.  If Sarcevic had been seen to have a few shots that were just poor, we'd know he had it in his locker.  At the moment there's nothing, if he'd been on trial for a month he'd have been sent packing with White and Comley.  It strikes me all the rules about having to earn your place in the side dont apply to the captain, lets face it if he's fit he's playing. 

It'll be interesting to reflect on this early part of the season when all the matches have been played.

5 games in people have already changed their opinion on Santos and it may change again. People lauding Tutte now may be annoyed he's in the starting XI in February. Football is fickle and changes quickly. We could lose the rest of our games this month and then go unbeaten till 2021. 

Gary Madine is a prime example of a player that seemed to have no future for us but eventually it became that when he wasn't in the team we couldn't win!

The annoying thing at the minute is the uncertainty, we're all learning about the squad together as fans and so is the manager and we're also learning about him too.

10% of the season has already gone so if we want promotion we need to start getting consistent to give ourselves the best chance, because the longer the current form continues the more we'll be relying on a purple patch to carry us into the playoffs/top 3.

Maybe remembering it wrong but didn't Freedman take us from the bottom 3 at Xmas to nearly in the playoffs by the last day of the season? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MoM: Fergal Sharkey

Agree with that; just replace Baptiste with a goalie so there is no chance for him to get on the pitch

Is this in honour of Muamba?

9 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Glad its not just me that can see what Crawford brings.  He tries things others can only dream of, the quick, incisive passing and a lot of it goes unnoticed.  Also nobody was complaining about corners today, I'm fairly sure every corner was delivered right where we would want them, with pace and accuracy.  Take him out of the team and tell me who is going to step in.  He's taken for granted, look at Sarcevic, White and (the improving) Comley and explain how Crawford brings less to the table. 

 

Trouble is, Crawford is playing with a bunch of L2 and non-league players so it's perhaps not that surprising that all his passes/final balls end up going just a yard or two long. They won't be able to read them as well as players that he's used to playing with (not at Bolton, obvz).

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

 

Trouble is, Crawford is playing with a bunch of L2 and non-league players so it's perhaps not that surprising that all his passes/final balls end up going just a yard or two long. They won't be able to read them as well as players that he's used to playing with (not at Bolton, obvz).

No, they were pretty shit

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

 

Trouble is, Crawford is playing with a bunch of L2 and non-league players so it's perhaps not that surprising that all his passes/final balls end up going just a yard or two long. They won't be able to read them as well as players that he's used to playing with (not at Bolton, obvz).

Then he should be changing his delivery 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Did Hickman pick an injury up? Very bizarre substitution 

It was probably just a fitness related substitution. He played a half last Saturday, a full ninety minutes on Tuesday and then an hour yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It was probably just a fitness related substitution. He played a half last Saturday, a full ninety minutes on Tuesday and then an hour yesterday.

If it was some older player then possibly he’s 22

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

If it was some older player then possibly he’s 22

He might be young but he plays in a position where he's constantly running up and down the pitch, which in itself requires a lot of energy. He's just four matches into his professional careeer, and the step up from junior football to senior football takes a physical toll.

He's also our only fit right-back / right wing-back so we need to make sure he doesn't pick up any niggling injuries that overplaying him might cause.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He might be young but he plays in a position where he's constantly running up and down the pitch, which in itself requires a lot of energy. He's just four matches into his professional careeer, and the step up from junior football to senior football takes a physical toll.

He's also our only fit right-back / right wing-back so we need to make sure he doesn't pick up any niggling injuries that overplaying him might cause.

Turns out it was his poor delivery

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Turns out it was his poor delivery

I know Evatt was unhappy with his delivery, but if that's the reason he brought him off rather than fitness, then it just seems bizarre given it meant Brockbank had to play there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Turns out it was his poor delivery

But who’s he delivering it to? Neither Doyle or Delfouneso are ever anywhere near the six yard box and midfield rarely gets up to support. Don’t blame the kid for others failings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Think Evatt specifically said he took him off because his delivery was poor. 

 

 

I actually thought Hickman was good first half. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

But who’s he delivering it to? Neither Doyle or Delfouneso are ever anywhere near the six yard box and midfield rarely gets up to support. Don’t blame the kid for others failings.

Seems rash unless he was woeful (I didn’t watch) that’s what training sessions are for to improve 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

I actually thought Hickman was good first half. 

Same here, at least a lot of his crosses were getting past the first man and into the box, as basic as it sounds. What's going on in the box was the bigger concern for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

Me too. Hickman/Santos/Tutte were our best players first half imo.

Hickman put in a shift but his delivery was very poor. Agree Santos and Tutte; Delaney and Brockbank were also good. The rest of the team were poor IMO; I know Doyle needs support but he was awful yesterday and Fonz was shocking

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Hickman put in a shift but his delivery was very poor. Agree Santos and Tutte; Delaney and Brockbank were also good. The rest of the team were poor IMO; I know Doyle needs support but he was awful yesterday and Fonz was shocking

I agree about his poor delivery at times, but imo he was always the player most likely to get behind them and create something.

A bizarre substitution.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Me too. Hickman/Santos/Tutte were our best players first half imo.

Agree 100%, Evatt’s tactics and substitutions are baffling, he is managing a team like he once played the game- one dimensional.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I agree about his poor delivery at times, but imo he was always the player most likely to get behind them and create something.

A bizarre substitution.

Agree about the substitution - putting Baptiste on completely changed the game and upset the back 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to give 442 a go. Doyle needs help and we need to get isgrove out wide and maybe miller up alongside Doyle.

Evatt needs to  Give Darcy a run out even if to replace Sarcevic. Maybe being Captain is affecting his game....Delaney is the ideal candidate or Tutte

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hickman has already shown that he can deliver a ball well (Crewe in the cup I think) and regardless of being off the money a few times, at least he was still getting in those positions and pushing Grimsby back.

Mascoll was hit and miss but again, he was getting in positions and pushing them back.

Subbing Hickman for Baptiste made no sense at all. It disrupted the back 3 (because Baptiste is a liability) and put Brockbank out of position - he did alright to be fair but if you think you’re not getting the delivery from Hickman then there’s not much chance that Brockbank will improve it (he’s not a wingback!!).

Gordon for Mascoll was a little bit more sensible, but Gordon’s delivery is worse! The amount of times he got into good positions and then just hit the first man - Doyle must have been fuming.

Still think that yesterday showed improvements in some areas (at the back) which means it wasn’t all negative. Beat Oldham and 7 points from 9 looks a lot healthier. Also, I don’t buy this “we’ve got to be beating these teams” - not because I disagree, we should be beating Grimsby at home, but IMO it’s the same for all games, we should be beating everyone in this league, there is not one game that we should be looking at and thinking that a point would be a good result.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.