Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid 19 - Just out of interest

Burndens Bogs

• Moderators

3 of wifes work colleagues - they are probably deemed high risk tbh

One only knows cos she had antibody test

Lad worked til a few weeks ago at morrisons, right through, customer facing, no ppe

Far as we know, he hasnt had it

• Moderators

Think a lad i know and his Mrs had it, they get tested regular as she does something for the NHS

My nan in law, 91, is in hospital right now with it, went in with something else, got confirmed Thursday

Honestly thought she'd be a goner by now, they told the Mrs' aunt to go in Friday as this might be it, so they let her see her as she's now in her own room

But since then she seems to be improving, by no means out the woods, but by her own admission feels much better

The aunt now has to isolate for 14 days along with her husband, so if she does get worse she's on her own

My tally has certianly picked up of late.

Currently My mate petes got it who Im at most games with, along with his son and mrs. Thats as well as a kids dad from my lads footy.

Sweep.

Knew 4-5 of the bull lot.

Certainly seems a lot closer to home this time round.

None have needed hospital treatment. 

Five people. One got it badly and had to take five weeks off work with it, although he just managed to avoid being admitted to hospital. He still says that he's not right (almost no energy, problems with his legs, etc.) and is terrified of catching it again to the point where he spends all day at work wearing a face shield and gloves.

The other four either had mild symptoms or no symptoms at all as far as I'm aware.

Mate had it first time round. Just turned 30, no health issues other than being quite a bit overweight. Week on a ventilator and in a very bad way at one point. Since recovered with no long term effects.

Lad who I went to school with lost his dad. Late 50s and no other conditions.

In balance, I must say my dad (77 but active) passed away from a cardiac arrest in July that absolutely wasn’t helped by going from walking 2-3 miles a day to virtually nil exercise because he followed the lockdown to the letter. 

35 minutes ago, desperado said:

My dads cousin died of it.

2 mates my age have had it. Both suffered flu like symptoms and have been rough and not right since.

Bit of an approximation but knocking on 30 kids (I work across 3 schools). 

Think our mutual pal is SL, Lindale Ave? He had it back in March. Confirmed with antibody test.