Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid 19 - Just out of interest

Burndens Bogs

2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

How’s @jules_darby?

Doing ok thanks mate. Comes and goes in waves. Try to do some work and after a couple of hours I’m fucked and can’t concentrate. 

I think I’m v lucky seeing as I don’t seem to have it too bad at all. Still no temperature or really bad cough / breathing issues so just thankful 

Good job I’m really healthy and not overweight 👀👀🤔🤔

2 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Doing ok thanks mate. Comes and goes in waves. Try to do some work and after a couple of hours I’m fucked and can’t concentrate. 

I think I’m v lucky seeing as I don’t seem to have it too bad at all. Still no temperature or really bad cough / breathing issues so just thankful 

Good job I’m really healthy and not overweight 👀👀🤔🤔

So far, so good

Everyone bar me in our household and bubble has been down with a really shit flu this last week. Aches and pains, full on head cold, the usual stuff. I had the flu vaccine a fortnight ago. Thank god!!

Blamed it on the snotty 2 year old granddaughter who’s been whingy for days

All of a sudden, about 2 hours ago, Mrs Manc can’t smell or taste anything. Literally nothing. Done the tests with sniffing bleach, pepper on the tongue, drinking neat gin. Nowt. Nada.

Fuck!! Looks like it’s hit here

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Everyone bar me in our household and bubble has been down with a really shit flu this last week. Aches and pains, full on head cold, the usual stuff. I had the flu vaccine a fortnight ago. Thank god!!

All of a sudden, about 2 hours ago, Mrs Manc can’t smell or taste anything. Literally nothing. Done the tests with sniffing bleach, pepper on the tongue, drinking neat gin. Nowt. Nada.

Apparently if you can taste jizz you don’t have covid

Edited by Spider

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Problem is, usual shit is going around at this time of year.  The symptoms are starting to get blurry too. A mate of mine woke up feeling crappy, stiff and sore all over on Monday morning, no cough or loss of smell/taste but a temp of 38°. Got tested just to be sure and is positive. 

12 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Problem is, usual shit is going around at this time of year.  The symptoms are starting to get blurry too. A mate of mine woke up feeling crappy, stiff and sore all over on Monday morning, no cough or loss of smell/taste but a temp of 38°. Got tested just to be sure and is positive. 

It’s the loss of taste and smell that’s rang alarm bells. She’s completely freaked out and can’t describe it. Gave her an egg cup of vinegar. Nowt. Just necked it

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

It’s the loss of taste and smell that’s rang alarm bells. She’s completely freaked out and can’t describe it. Gave her an egg cup of vinegar. Nowt. Just necked it

That's me fucked, sinus issues means I have no sense of smell at all and very reduced sense of taste. I could be a super carrier and never know it 😁

Just now, Winchester White said:

That's me fucked, sinus issues means I have no sense of smell at all and very reduced sense of taste. I could be a super carrier and never know it 😁

Put some jizz in a cup and gargle it. Report back if you can taste it and we will tell you if you have it 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

An egg cup full? Wouldn't a teaspoon full have proved the same point?