Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid 19 - Just out of interest

Burndens Bogs

• Moderators
21 hours ago, gonzo said:

My tally has certianly picked up of late.

Currently My mate petes got it who Im at most games with, along with his son and mrs. Thats as well as a kids dad from my lads footy.

Sweep.

Knew 4-5 of the bull lot.

Certainly seems a lot closer to home this time round.

None have needed hospital treatment. 

Was Twiggy part of the bull lot or a totally unrelated case? Just curious like

Lost a good mate of mine today. Passed away early hours of the morning. Diagnosed with a melanoma back in June with a dodgy scan of potential secondary lesions on his brain. Gone less than 4 months later. Really hit me hard today. If it had been COVID that had got him then it probably wouldn’t have. That’s the reality of the fucked up world that we are in at the moment

3 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Lost a good mate of mine today. Passed away early hours of the morning. Diagnosed with a melanoma back in June with a dodgy scan of potential secondary lesions on his brain. Gone less than 4 months later. Really hit me hard today. If it had been COVID that had got him then it probably wouldn’t have. That’s the reality of the fucked up world that we are in at the moment

Sorry to hear that pal. Give us a ring if you need a chat or owt 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Condolences. 

A very quick count up, so the numbers are very approximate

Out of 35 posters on here who replied with figures, between us we know 182 who have had the virus of whom 16 of those have sadly passed away.

I couldn’t count Blondies “too many to mention” but i’m fairly sure she’s a nurse, so has obviously seen more cases/deaths than the rest of us.

A few posters named the same people who’ve had it, so i only counted Twiggy & Sweep once each.

Out of the 35 who replied with numbers, just less than 50% of them know someone who has lost their lives to Covid 19.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Out of 35 posters on here who replied with figures, between us we know 182 who have had the virus of whom 16 of those have sadly passed away.

I couldn’t count Blondies “too many to mention” but i’m fairly sure she’s a nurse, so has obviously seen more cases/deaths than the rest of us.

A few posters named the same people who’ve had it, so i only counted Twiggy & Sweep once each.

Out of the 35 who replied with numbers, just less than 50% of them know someone who has lost their lives to Covid 19.

Can add me to that. Friends sister died early doors from it.

10 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Ah shit, sorry to hear that 🙁

• Members
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Its weird. At first it felt like alot of our patients where dropping from it. I think on our caseload now (which is fucking massive BTW) we maybe have 1 or 2 positive patients. It's more us the staff who have it. 

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Not all doom and gloom - fag packet "statistics" can be misleading, it could well be that lots of posters who didn't give figures, don't know anyone who's died of Covid.

Fag packet? There are about four different covid threads, perhaps two or three have asked who knows someone who had and survived or had and succumbed. I didn’t answer in this thread. You need to go through 1143 pages in the original thread. 😂😂😂

44 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Reported on itv news that the corona ward at Blackpool vic is full.

Its 8 beds. 

Out of 800.

It's not. It's 8 in ICU.

800 beds is the whole hospital, which will already have hundreds in for all the other stuff (775 were in on 30th sept)

Theres 75 patients on the covid wards plus 8 on the covid ICU according to this from ITV.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-10-12/covid-inside-blackpool-victoria-hospital-where-intensive-care-unit-is-at-full-capacity

I feel like I'm the misinformation officer

Edited by peelyfeet

13 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

It's not. It's 8 in ICU.

800 beds is the whole hospital, which will already have hundreds in for all the other stuff (775 were in on 30th sept)

Theres 75 patients on the covid wards according to this from ITV.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-10-12/covid-inside-blackpool-victoria-hospital-where-intensive-care-unit-is-at-full-capacity

and if that video doesnt make you feel sad, and slightly worried that we've got the rest of  October, november, December, January, February and probably part of March to go - whilst some folk are complaining that the pubs aren't open all night , your'e a different animal than me.  

30 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

It's not. It's 8 in ICU.

Theres 75 patients on the covid wards plus 8 on the covid ICU according to this from ITV.

:D

ace game this haha

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

:D

ace game this haha

usually I'd agree pal - but seriously, folk need to be careful - if misinformation is spread and someone believes it and changes their behaviour because of it, it might cost them, or someone close to them,  their health or worse.  Its the old folk we need to protect, and its them who believe the nonsense.

4 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Not all doom and gloom - fag packet "statistics" can be misleading, it could well be that lots of posters who didn't give figures, don't know anyone who's died of Covid.

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Fag packet? There are about four different covid threads, perhaps two or three have asked who knows someone who had and survived or had and succumbed. I didn’t answer in this thread. You need to go through 1143 pages in the original thread. 😂😂😂

Hence the new thread 😀