Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid 19 - Just out of interest

Burndens Bogs

One of our managers plays non league football, he played an away cup match with 600 in the crowd (how can they do that?).

Car shared with his manger and others as they are not allowed a team bus and all 4 came down with Covid... stupid or what? No pay for him obviously.

Lost 2-4 by the way

57 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Hope she will be ok mate. Give her my regards 

that mean your isolating now then and for how long? I’ve lost track?

Thanks pal. Yeah she’s fine just feels like a really bad dose of flu. Mostly pissed off that her Rhubarb gin has no taste 😀. I feel like shit but like a bad head cold. Fuck knows how long we isolate for? Work says 10 days from her symptoms so a week or so?

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Thanks pal. Yeah she’s fine just feels like a really bad dose of flu. Mostly pissed off that her Rhubarb gin has no taste 😀. I feel like shit but like a bad head cold. Fuck knows how long we isolate for? Work says 10 days from her symptoms so a week or so?

She must isolate from 10 days from her symptoms, you and any others in your household 2 weeks from her symptoms. Unless you then have a positive test then it is 10 days from that test.

I think.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Get the ale in, order a half lamb and a side of beef, and come out after the new year virtual festivities. 

Be like after the Martians had croaked it and the red weed had gone in war of the worlds.

57 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

She must isolate from 10 days from her symptoms, you and any others in your household 2 weeks from her symptoms. Unless you then have a positive test then it is 10 days from that test.

I think.

Yeah I’m taking as 10 days from Wednesday, which is what my work have advised, so basically up until next weekend. Fine by me. I’m lucky. I’ve just finished week 32 working from home so no difference other than I’ll have to get other folk to deliver my booze!!

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Get the ale in, order a half lamb and a side of beef, and come out after the new year virtual festivities. 

Be like after the Martians had croaked it and the red weed had gone in war of the worlds.

Ale (well a few cans of Guinness, and boxes of Malbec and SV Blanc already stockpiled). Just need fresh bread and all is reet

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Ale (well a few cans of Guinness, and boxes of Malbec and SV Blanc already stockpiled). Just need fresh bread and all is reet

My brother and niece come out of isolation tomorrow. No symptoms, and took them round a celebratory chippy tea earlier.

• Site Supporter

Missus started feeling shit on Thursday evening, high temp but no other symptoms. Got a test friday morning and just come back positive. She now has a slight cough but strangely just noticed no sense of smell but no temp either, that has gone.

Was always going to happen with her working in A&E plus the hospital has seen a huge spike in Covid cases.

Me and the youngest started with a cough this morning but no other symptoms.

• 4 weeks later...

Re visiting this thread 5-6 weeks after it started, I was just wondering if there’s an increase in folks you know that have copped for Covid and if any have been unfortunate enough to die from it? When I started the thread I personally knew 6 that had tested positive for the virus and one who had sadly died, 5-6 weeks later I know of around 15 who’ve tested positive, yet still the single death. Just wondered how things are “progressing” for anyone else on here?

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Got my Grandad-in-law's funeral tomorrow he had covid when he died. I'm reluctant to say he died of Covid as he had vascular dementia and was already in poor health and mentally hadn't been himself for a long time. I'd imagine all covid did was accelerate his passing.

One of my long time friends lost her dad in may/june from Covid. 

4 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Got my Grandad-in-law's funeral tomorrow he had covid when he died. I'm reluctant to say he died of Covid as he had vascular dementia and was already in poor health and mentally hadn't been himself for a long time. I'd imagine all covid did was accelerate his passing.

One of my long time friends lost her dad in may/june from Covid. 

Exactly the same here with my uncle. Funeral week after next. Followed the same path as my Dad, his eldest brother. Battled his way past 90, suffered from vascular dementia, got an infection, turned to pneumonia, died. My dad was nearly 11 years ago. My uncle was the other week. Blame it on Covid? Who knows. More likely he just conked out after a long life. He had pneumonia. As my mum says, it’s the time of year when “the pensioners friend” visits and takes them away

• Moderators

My other halfs nan ended up dying from it 3 weeks after testing positive

She made it home at least, with her daughter and granddaughter with her

She'd have gone a few more years I reckon, just took away every bit of strength she had left

Case wise, next door neighbour currently got it and isolating, same with a mate and his wife, and there was a case at daughter's nursery, meant that class shut down for two weeks, local pub did the same after member of staff got it

• Site Supporter

Cousin had it, 43 and hospital required due to trouble breathing and really weak but thankfully full recovery although still lethargic and a little run down. 
loads at work tested positive and know one ganger  in the midlands in an induced coma 

daughter tested positive in a trial she’s doing for uni for a different type of test  ( spit in a tube and get notified)   , re tested the swab way and positive , she’s no symptoms, feels fine and is actually happy the spit test seemingly picked up the virus and gave the correct result 

• Site Supporter

A lady I have known for years and years(aged 70 odd) died of it this weekend after being diagnosed positive a couple of weeks ago.

A person I used to care for in the day centre lost his dad and his granddad in March but other than that the people I know who have tested positive have so far come through it just complaining of flu like symptoms and a general feeling of being knackered all the time.

It's still a bastard though.