Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Buried news

Mona

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

They caught her the other week had secretly married some guy and moved into a cabin in the woods . FBI tracked her down for questioning 

The other week? Early July she was arrested.

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Carlos said:

By definition, if something has been buried then we won't have heard about it. If you know about it then it's not been buried, QED.

not in this case, burying bad news means announcing it when everyone is focused on something else

• Moderators
4 hours ago, DazBob said:

Speaking of which, not heard much about Maxwell's daughter since she was arrested a few months ago.

update from yesterday, the judge questioned if she was a victim herself

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8836557/Judge-questions-Jeffrey-Epsteins-madam-Ghislaine-Maxwell-victim-pedophile.html

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

MPs voting for a drop in food standards due to brexit.. despite multiple promises that would never happen. I know in these times the government lying isnt big news but been amazed this hasn't been made more of.

Not true is it though. 

They have stopped an ammendment to create a law that would have stopped standards being lowered. That in itself isn't voting to lower them.

Not sure of the subtleties and reasoning, and if they ultimately permit lower standard products to come into the country then I'll be as pissed of as anyone. But for now, I'm happy to keep watch and see what actually does materialise. 

They have claimed they will not lower standards and have said current EU standards will be put into law. Proof will be in the pudding. 

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not true is it though. 

They have stopped an ammendment to create a law that would have stopped standards being lowered. That in itself isn't voting to lower them.

Not sure of the subtleties and reasoning, and if they ultimately permit lower standard products to come into the country then I'll be as pissed of as anyone. But for now, I'm happy to keep watch and see what actually does materialise. 

They have claimed they will not lower standards and have said current EU standards will be put into law. Proof will be in the pudding. 

I really hope you're right, I've lost all faith at the moment 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ghana White said:

I really hope you're right, I've lost all faith at the moment 

Amongst all this shit, one thing which is really important to me is the environment and the green agenda. I was delighted with the wind power announcement for example.

If however food standards were fucked off, that would potentially fuck over farmers/producers and even consumers.  

If that happened, they'd have lost my vote, and potentially a huge amount of their core vote too (farming community). Our new mp would be getting a piece of my mind too for all it would be worth!

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Amongst all this shit, one thing which is really important to me is the environment and the green agenda. I was delighted with the wind power announcement for example.

If however food standards were fucked off, that would potentially fuck over farmers/producers and even consumers.  

If that happened, they'd have lost my vote, and potentially a huge amount of their core vote too (farming community). Our new mp would be getting a piece of my mind too for all it would be worth!

Yeah it would be a massive own goal, I'm worried they might not have a choice if its leverage with the Americans but like you say wait and see what happens.. I was really pleased with wind power announced as well be a great move.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

Yeah it would be a massive own goal, I'm worried they might not have a choice if its leverage with the Americans but like you say wait and see what happens.. I was really pleased with wind power announced as well be a great move.

One thing to bear in mind is the up coming vote over in the states. If Trump goes, then there is likely to be more environmental consideration amongst the American government, which might be beneficial generally. 

As for meat, I only buy British (sometimes Irish) anyway, which would be of great benefit if everyone did.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

One thing to bear in mind is the up coming vote over in the states. If Trump goes, then there is likely to be more environmental consideration amongst the American government, which might be beneficial generally. 

As for meat, I only buy British (sometimes Irish) anyway, which would be of great benefit if everyone did.

Yeah it's the first time I've really started to think about where the food I eat has come from, especially meat so some good has come from this, i definitely agree about trump

56 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

Bozo has always been a big fan of wind power. And using the same joke several times.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not true is it though. 

Stop bringing facts into these debates. I’ve told you about this before 

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, Mona said:

Any ideas 

what has been buried during covid

I know what’s top of my list 

I’ll wait for comments 

You ok hun? Wanna talk? 

Sorry, but it all sounds a bit Facebook.