Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oldham home

DomRepWanderer

I went positive with Grimsby result last week (partly because I think they're a lot better than their 24th place when we played them)

I'll only remain positive if it's in the context of 2 more good results against Oldham and Barrow though, 4 points at least but really, 6.

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Got to be a banker you'd think.

Has to be the first ever "home banker" league game for a team that hasn't scored at home!  (or even made the keeper make a serious save unless I've forgotten one).  And they drew 3-3 last away game so they've got goals in them.  We might win, we might not, but I wont be putting money on us, just hoping it clicks this week.

Strangely feels like a big game, a pivotal one.  A win (and a goal) gets the "home" monkey of the back and would mean a decent 3 game return. Anything less and it will feel like the home form is becoming a big problem.  Last week the pressure was less, coming on the back of an away win and at least we could "enjoy" a first clean sheet.  No wins or no goals in 4 homes wouldn't be good enough, so let's get a win and continue the improvement.