Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I can’t agree that most of these aren’t good enough at this level ability wise.

They aren’t playing well enough granted. And maybe what they aren’t good enough for is this system rather than the division as such

I think IE is on the money with their mentality but it’s not the only problem

Well, it’s his time to show us what he can do with them...let’s see 

That's how I see it, spot on 👌

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IE is absolutely spot on. Hes still got my full support and fwiw I’m confident that he will sort it. some of u lot thought it was gonna be a cake walk this season. So do some of our pla

They are easy, negative observations that anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would struggle to disagree with.  And of course you have the higher ground as you’ve got a whole host of poor

I hate playing Oldham. Never got over that Darren Beckford goal. Bogey team, going to curl up in the cupboard under the stairs and drink a 10 pack of Guinness (I will have a bucket)

55 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

IE is absolutely spot on.

Hes still got my full support and fwiw I’m confident that he will sort it.

some of u lot thought it was gonna be a cake walk this season.

So do some of our players it seems. 

i understand the fans frustration but this is a new team and it’s going to take time to get it right. How long? Can’t say at this stage but I think it’s gonna be a struggle this season, no shit Sherlock I hear you say.

the sooner IE calls them out and wakes them from their slumber, the better...

hes done that now so we need to see what the response is.

if it were me I’d get the fuckers in tomorrow morning for training, give em a drink then send them up to the mast and back.

then make them watch the game. Tell em it ain’t good enough.

then back up to the mast and back down again.

They should do this every week that we get beat! 

The penny will soon drop that if they want to survive in this league then they need to WORK! 

It ain’t rocket science, make em do it Evatt.

 

 

Sounds like he asking the vote of confidence” put me out my misery “

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I get that

but don’t tell me Doyle/Crawford/sarcevic/delfounso are dross and then you have others with league 1/2 experience 

Where’s the energy and pace in there though?, the midfield put zero pressure on the opponent and gets sliced apart on the counter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy9322 said:

Where’s the energy and pace in there though?, the midfield put zero pressure on the opponent and gets sliced apart on the counter.

Strange one as with sarcevic according to Plymouth fans he was full of energy constantly driving forward and tracking back

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

So basically you think the players are shit and IE should not take responsibility? 

That’s the point. Evatt is 100% responsible. At this level it’s all about identifying players who will do a job. Who remembers Bournemouth winning 2-1 at the Reebok in 2014/15 on the way to the Premiership? 1-0 down an reduced to 10 men after 15 minutes, they went on to win 2-1 after totally dominating the game. All 11 players home-grown and largely recruited by Eddie Howe from the lower leagues. It’s an extreme example but it shows the starting point is spotting players who can do a particular job. Evatt has already shown he hasn’t got that talent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

IE is absolutely spot on.

Hes still got my full support and fwiw I’m confident that he will sort it.

some of u lot thought it was gonna be a cake walk this season.

So do some of our players it seems. 

i understand the fans frustration but this is a new team and it’s going to take time to get it right. How long? Can’t say at this stage but I think it’s gonna be a struggle this season, no shit Sherlock I hear you say.

the sooner IE calls them out and wakes them from their slumber, the better...

hes done that now so we need to see what the response is.

if it were me I’d get the fuckers in tomorrow morning for training, give em a drink then send them up to the mast and back.

then make them watch the game. Tell em it ain’t good enough.

then back up to the mast and back down again.

They should do this every week that we get beat! 

The penny will soon drop that if they want to survive in this league then they need to WORK! 

It ain’t rocket science, make em do it Evatt.

 

 

Good post and I tend to agree.  It's alright Evatt calling them out after the game but he had the chance to try and change things today.

Sarcevic and Crawford were two going through the motions and Gordon was awful.  He only took one of them off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Moonguest said:

That’s the point. Evatt is 100% responsible. At this level it’s all about identifying players who will do a job. Who remembers Bournemouth winning 2-1 at the Reebok in 2014/15 on the way to the Premiership? 1-0 down an reduced to 10 men after 15 minutes, they went on to win 2-1 after totally dominating the game. All 11 players home-grown and largely recruited by Eddie Howe from the lower leagues. It’s an extreme example but it shows the starting point is spotting players who can do a particular job. Evatt has already shown he hasn’t got that talent.

Eh?

You start talking about this level and then your example is a game in the championship from 5 years ago 🤪

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

The only crumb of comfort I have is that Evatt started badly last season at Barrow, then went on an unbelievable run, can he do it here? 

Yeah but it wasn't his first season with a newly assembled squad from scratch

Think we need to be patient

I'd not be getting rid of him this season, no chance

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

Eh?

You start talking about this level and then your example is a game in the championship from 5 years ago 🤪

 

And your point is? My point is that the manager has to be judged by his signings. The best coach in the world is struggling if the players aren’t up to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Having calmed down a bit, I’m hopeful Evatt will get it right.

He’s chucked a shed load of players together who he’s only seen in passing rather than managed before.

He seems to have sussed Comley & Hickman are not fitting his style early so looked to sign replacements.

He’ll suss that out all over the pitch as the season goes on. No knee jerk reaction. We aren’t going up this season. Give Evatt the time to sort out them he’s not keen on after all, get it right in summer then go up next season

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

Yeah but it wasn't his first season with a newly assembled squad from scratch

Think we need to be patient

I'd not be getting rid of him this season, no chance

I'm not saying get rid, far from it, but something needs to change and quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been around since Queen Victoria was on the throne and the days of Disraeli and Gladstone

We've never been shitter than we are right now.  Just let that sink in for a minute

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moonguest said:

And your point is? My point is that the manager has to be judged by his signings. The best coach in the world is struggling if the players aren’t up to it.

No, a Manager is judged by his results not his signings specifically. His role is more than recruitment.

However right now we ain’t doing much well

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

He’s chucked a shed load of players together who he’s only seen in passing rather than managed before.

That's one of the things that's annoyed me about his pre season hyperbole, he was talking about the players wanting targets on their backs before he knew or even signed some of them, without really knowing their characters or if they'd thrive on such pressure.

To be fair to him hes come out and said he regrets some of his comments, but they've been said now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

No, a Manager is judged by his results not his signings specifically. His role is more than recruitment.

However right now we ain’t doing much well

Surely, results are a reflection of signings. Nine competitive matches, eight lost. No comparative I can remember in the 57 years I’ve attending.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Having calmed down a bit, I’m hopeful Evatt will get it right.

He’s chucked a shed load of players together who he’s only seen in passing rather than managed before.

He seems to have sussed Comley & Hickman are not fitting his style early so looked to sign replacements.

He’ll suss that out all over the pitch as the season goes on. No knee jerk reaction. We aren’t going up this season. Give Evatt the time to sort out them he’s not keen on after all, get it right in summer then go up next season

Can we financially afford another league 2 campaign especially in current times, think we had this discussion few weeks back my concern is if we have a flat season the fan backing won’t be anything like this year 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Can we financially afford another league 2 campaign especially in current times, think we had this discussion few weeks back my concern is if we have a flat season the fan backing won’t be anything like this year 

Be in a better position than most

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Wouldn’t have included Covid either. I reckon with wage cap now in a players having to accept less money, we’ll be ok for 1 more in L2.

Any more could get tough without investment

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Having calmed down a bit, I’m hopeful Evatt will get it right.

He’s chucked a shed load of players together who he’s only seen in passing rather than managed before.

He seems to have sussed Comley & Hickman are not fitting his style early so looked to sign replacements.

He’ll suss that out all over the pitch as the season goes on. No knee jerk reaction. We aren’t going up this season. Give Evatt the time to sort out them he’s not keen on after all, get it right in summer then go up next season

I thought that about Hickman, he perhaps seemed a touch harsh on him last week. Begs the question why was Comley back in today?

Didn't see the game, thankfully, but my neighbour said he wasn't up to much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I thought that about Hickman, he perhaps seemed a touch harsh on him last week. Begs the question why was Comley back in today?

Didn't see the game, thankfully, but my neighbour said he wasn't up to much.

Big workload coming up, Tutte only played a couple of games and White still 2 or 3 weeks away.

White incidentally has already been sounded out about a full time transfer in summer

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.