Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

8 minutes ago, Moonguest said:

Surely, results are a reflection of signings. Nine competitive matches, eight lost. No comparative I can remember in the 57 years I’ve attending.

Signings contribute but that’s just one part of the rich tapestry of fuckwittery that has contributed towards our lacklustre start.

I think everyone agrees it’s been awful

You seem to think that it won’t change purely because of the signings he’s made; others (like me) are hopeful that it can still change

We’ll just have to see 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IE is absolutely spot on. Hes still got my full support and fwiw I’m confident that he will sort it. some of u lot thought it was gonna be a cake walk this season. So do some of our pla

They are easy, negative observations that anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would struggle to disagree with.  And of course you have the higher ground as you’ve got a whole host of poor

I hate playing Oldham. Never got over that Darren Beckford goal. Bogey team, going to curl up in the cupboard under the stairs and drink a 10 pack of Guinness (I will have a bucket)

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Signings contribute but that’s just one part of the rich tapestry of fuckwittery that has contributed towards our lacklustre start.

You seem to think that it won’t change purely because of the signings he’s made; others (like me) are hopeful that it can still change

Yes we will have to see. 

• Site Supporter

Do you think there may be a fitness issue?

Other sides seem to be able to get about the park better, and I certainly don't see any real pace in our side.

1 hour ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

IE is absolutely spot on.

Hes still got my full support and fwiw I’m confident that he will sort it.

some of u lot thought it was gonna be a cake walk this season.

So do some of our players it seems. 

i understand the fans frustration but this is a new team and it’s going to take time to get it right. How long? Can’t say at this stage but I think it’s gonna be a struggle this season, no shit Sherlock I hear you say.

the sooner IE calls them out and wakes them from their slumber, the better...

hes done that now so we need to see what the response is.

if it were me I’d get the fuckers in tomorrow morning for training, give em a drink then send them up to the mast and back.

then make them watch the game. Tell em it ain’t good enough.

then back up to the mast and back down again.

They should do this every week that we get beat! 

The penny will soon drop that if they want to survive in this league then they need to WORK! 

It ain’t rocket science, make em do it Evatt.

Agree pal. I think he will sort it. 

I am gutted but I don't blame the manager or the team, let's not forget Anderson did the damage.

I thought it was an open game with both teams getting stuck into each other, I wish we equalled their niggling a bit more.

We needed to win and we had to play Oldham. They did the expected smash and grab... bustards, it was pre-written.

I was hiding behind the sofa in extra time and it happened.

In the words of my school reports...  Can do better

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Other sides seem to be able to get about the park better, and I certainly don't see any real pace in our side.

Our side has loads of pace in it. The fact they aren’t showing it is down to confidence

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We need other options, 2 good wingers and a proper centre forward would give us another option. 

You can see what Evatt is trying to do, and as I have stated previously, I bet he's proper pissed off underneath and becoming impatient, this isn't Barrow, its Bolton Wanderers in league 2, pressure is on and I'm expecting a big reaction from Manager and players. 

He may have to throw on Darcy and a couple of others he doesn't really fancy, hopefully they will prove him wrong and provide a platform to better performances all round, Sarcevic, Crawford and Doyle need to up their game and hopefully this will have a positive effect on the other players.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You’d be surprised as you have to be really fit to play possession football and the way IE banbs on about it then doing it so well in training. 

However watching Sarc for example you could have a point! he just didn’t seem “match-fit” or sharp; just lumbered about

• Site Supporter
Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Our side has loads of pace in it. The fact they aren’t showing it is down to confidence

Do you think so?

Whenever I've seen Gordon I'm just not seeing it. Certainly a confidence issue, as he doesn't seem to want to go past a defender, but none of them have lived up to some of their billing. 

Our central 3 all seems a bit one paced, even if they seem fairly comfortable with the ball. 

Hope you're right, and it will come, but some desire wouldn't go amiss. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, jules_darby said:

You’d be surprised as you have to be really fit to play possession football and the way IE banbs on about it then doing it so well in training. 

However watching Sarc for example you could have a point! he just didn’t seem “match-fit” or sharp; just lumbered about

Aye. Could they be overdoing it in training?

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

This is my worry. Are the players technically good enough to play that style of football over 90 minutes?

I'd argue on current evidence they're a long way short. 

He's had his 6 games to get it right. We need to see a massive improvement over the next 6 or the knives really will be out. 

This experiment is going badly, badly wrong at the moment. And that's coming from a glass half full type.

Including cup games he has now had 9 games - and no sign of ant pattern/progress

Thought sarcevic had a decent second half 

Simple not good enough no midfield whatsoever Comley is a pub player at best and Sarevic is bloody awful as for Crawford what as happened to him. 

IE needs to sort this and fast and his post match comments are now sounding like Hill.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Do you think so?

Whenever I've seen Gordon I'm just not seeing it. Certainly a confidence issue, as he doesn't seem to want to go past a defender, but none of them have lived up to some of their billing. 

Our central 3 all seems a bit one paced, even if they seem fairly comfortable with the ball. 

Hope you're right, and it will come, but some desire wouldn't go amiss. 

Desire is the only way to win games right now. Grind a few wins out, everything else would follow. Needs to be ugly for a bit

3 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Including cup games he has now had 9 games - and no sign of ant pattern/progress

Not as a team but Santos settled down, Sarcevic was excellent second half, Crellin looks ok and I’ve been his biggest critic, Gordon improved today and think Brockbank looks decent. It’s ain’t easy or quick to gel a team. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I made the point elsewhere last week that the team appear to be over-coached, the situation reminds me of Sammy Lee trying to change everything overnight. There are lots of unsuccessful purists in football management, sometimes you have to play ugly and go for percentages

How much are we paying sarcevic? Every team we e played this year so far have Had players in midfield that have outworked,outshone and outplayed him. Probably on a fraction of his wages. I. Not making him the scapegoat as most of them have been fucking awful but you have to question how the player of the year for a team promoted from this league has suddenly gone so shit.   Billy big balls syndrome thinking he’s made it and getting paid too much Now to give a shit?

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not as a team but Santos settled down, Sarcevic was excellent second half, Crellin looks ok and I’ve been his biggest critic, Gordon improved today and think Brockbank looks decent. It’s ain’t easy or quick to gel a team. 

Excellent? He was marginally better than he was first half which was almost pub football level 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Excellent? He was marginally better than he was first half which was almost pub football level 

He was the only one in the second half who tried to drive us forward. Not saying he was amazing but certainly wasn’t shit

7 minutes ago, superkev said:

Thought sarcevic had a decent second half 

Yeah they said that on iFollow, I thought he wasn’t great though. Just seemed to chug about.

I can see the player in him; same for Crawford, but right now CM is where we’re losing the games so they need to be accountable...as nice a footballer(s) as he/they may be

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That's one of the cases for the defence (pun alert) of what is going on with us at the moment. A few games ago he was the worst defender ever to pull on the Bolton shirt and in his last few games has looked composed and a class above his team mates. So it shows how quickly lost causes can improve.

(I still think hes got a calamitous mistake in him, mind)

9 games in, 7 defeats and only 1 win, how disappointing 

The lowest depths the club has ever plunged, not careful we could go out of the league here 

So much hope as well when the season started 

I’d stick with IE, at least until January, but it’s clear that something has gone drastically wrong here. One of the biggest budgets in the league but so far we’ve got nothing to show for it 

6 minutes ago, superkev said:

He was the only one in the second half who tried to drive us forward. Not saying he was amazing but certainly wasn’t shit

All about opinions. I thought he was shit. Even more so for the second highest earner at our club and captain?You’re happy with that output?