Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oldham home

DomRepWanderer

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Had a bottle of Jam shed the other week, not to my pallet, got a nice Trivento Shiraz on the go toneet, gonna follow up it up with a couple of Fireballs before bed.... to numb the pain 😁

Each to their own but I like it. A bit of Remy before bed.

Cant account for taste though - Joey H has shot yours to bits

16 minutes ago, Ands1 said:

Biro, morais on a contract till end of season, there you go pal get out there see what you can do.He'd tear it up that lad and would love ro be back at Bolton in whatever capacity.

Lets be honest He'd be worth a punt now.

I’d take Morais all day long and he’s a great personality would lift the squad. 

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

It’s amazing how having an opinion about something you care about is classed as irrational behaviour when its based on an honest assumption.

If the manager hasn’t started to “lose” elements of the dressing room already with his statements why aren’t they playing for him ?

But hasn’t your opinion been negative right from the outset? Have you offered anything other than IE isn’t up to it, he’s out of his depth?

If this is your starting position, you’re just out there to prove your opinion is right.

Rather than wildly suggesting the players aren’t playing for him and he has lost the dressing room, why not be more patient and constructive in your criticism?

3 hours ago, desperado said:

Worst result and consequently the worst feeling this season.

The middle 5 including the WBs were just not good enough. 

That sums it up.  For "were" replace "are".  With the exception of Crawford, they arent good enough.  And they shouldnt be wingbacks, they are full backs.  IE to blame for that, as he was after 1 game, he's not learning very quickly.

• Site Supporter

It’s a debatable point, but it’s where we disagree. Today they weren’t good enough. But I’m not writing them off completely ...yet....by saying they are not good enough. 

Both IE and us don’t know whether Mascoll or Gordon is better or equipped to deliver at this level consistently. Kioso looked good today, as has Hickman previously, as did Jones... occasionally. We’ve all seen Crawford do better. Surely there’s more to come from Sarcevic. Is Tutte fit enough yet? He looks better than Comely. And can you really summise for definite that Hickman, Jones, Gordon, Mascoll and Kioso (who actually looked perfect for this role) shouldn’t be wingbacks?

If we are thinking this, then I’m sure it’s puzzling IE more. As frustrated as we are and as much as we know it’s not working yet, surely you’re not suggesting that IE was the wrong appointment and all these signings can now be written off?

4 hours ago, Moonguest said:

The point is the players he has signed are not good enough and never will be. No amount of coaching will change that essential truth.

I cant agree Doyle, Fonz, Sarcevic, Santos, Kioso, Tutte and 1 or 2 others dont have the ability and/or pedigree to play 4th tier football.  Its a bit of a generalisation.  Its upto the manager to get them playing to their maximum.  He's falling short in his formation and selections, coaching isnt the obvious issue.

14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That sums it up.  For "were" replace "are".  With the exception of Crawford, they arent good enough.  And they shouldnt be wingbacks, they are full backs.  IE to blame for that, as he was after 1 game, he's not learning very quickly.

could do worse than go 442 with kiaso on the right Tutte, Darcy in the middle and Isgrove on the left

Maybe the Captaincy is affecting Sarcevics game, Give it to Delaney starting at the Barrow game

4 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Yep, the defence was actually ok for the most part today. Unfortunately the experienced players we expected big things from are all off colour. Gnuhua looked to have something about him so I’d stick him in next time. Darcy deserves a go as well. 

He does have something about him.  When we needed some attacking impetus against Grimsby, IE took off Tutte and put on Comley.  He took off Hickman and Brockbank was effectively put on the right wing. Its not like the poor selections and formations are a new thing.  Its baffling.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He does have something about him.  When we needed some attacking impetus against Grimsby, IE took off Tutte and put on Comley.  He took off Hickman and Brockbank was effectively put on the right wing. Its not like the poor selections and formations are a new thing.  Its baffling.

It might not be working yet but it’s not baffling if you really think about it.

I already tried to tell you last week, he took off Tutte last week because he’s not ready for 90 mins, same reason as he didn’t start him today.

We had about 10 pages talking about Hickman last week, he played Kioso there today - he played well.

Im not happy about the result today, I’m not happy about the position I find ourselves in. It’s not good enough, there’s more negatives than positives, but IE has admitted all of this.

When you are still bedding in signings you made yesterday and adding them to a team/squad that’s been together for weeks, maybe everybody’s expectations have been risen beyond what is realistically possible at the moment

1 minute ago, desperado said:

It might not be working yet but it’s not baffling if you really think about it.

I already tried to tell you last week, he took off Tutte last week because he’s not ready for 90 mins, same reason as he didn’t start him today.

We had about 10 pages talking about Hickman last week, he played Kioso there today - he played well.

Im not happy about the result today, I’m not happy about the position I find ourselves in. It’s not good enough, there’s more negatives than positives, but IE has admitted all of this.

When you are still bedding in signings you made yesterday and adding them to a team/squad that’s been together for weeks, maybe everybody’s expectations have been risen beyond what is realistically possible at the moment

Spot on. We have to give evatt the time to prove if he is or isn’t the man for us. 

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Having calmed down a bit, I’m hopeful Evatt will get it right.

He’s chucked a shed load of players together who he’s only seen in passing rather than managed before.

He seems to have sussed Comley & Hickman are not fitting his style early so looked to sign replacements.

He’ll suss that out all over the pitch as the season goes on. No knee jerk reaction. We aren’t going up this season. Give Evatt the time to sort out them he’s not keen on after all, get it right in summer then go up next seaso  n

That's a very kind way to look at it.  We could all see Comley wasnt upto it after 1 game, but he continues to be picked, doesnt look like he's been sussed from where I'm looking.  I'd be more than happy to go up next season I'm struggling to see how Hill wasnt given the same luxury of time, given his record of promotions at Rochdale. At the moment we're kidding ourselves if we think this manager is a step up, and yes I was as enthusiastic as anyone about his appointment, but he's doing his best to prove I dont have a clue.