Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IE is absolutely spot on. Hes still got my full support and fwiw I’m confident that he will sort it. some of u lot thought it was gonna be a cake walk this season. So do some of our pla

They are easy, negative observations that anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would struggle to disagree with.  And of course you have the higher ground as you’ve got a whole host of poor

I hate playing Oldham. Never got over that Darren Beckford goal. Bogey team, going to curl up in the cupboard under the stairs and drink a 10 pack of Guinness (I will have a bucket)

48 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

It’s amazing how having an opinion about something you care about is classed as irrational behaviour when its based on an honest assumption.

If the manager hasn’t started to “lose” elements of the dressing room already with his statements why aren’t they playing for him ?

But hasn’t your opinion been negative right from the outset? Have you offered anything other than IE isn’t up to it, he’s out of his depth?

If this is your starting position, you’re just out there to prove your opinion is right.

Rather than wildly suggesting the players aren’t playing for him and he has lost the dressing room, why not be more patient and constructive in your criticism?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, desperado said:

Worst result and consequently the worst feeling this season.

The middle 5 including the WBs were just not good enough. 

That sums it up.  For "were" replace "are".  With the exception of Crawford, they arent good enough.  And they shouldnt be wingbacks, they are full backs.  IE to blame for that, as he was after 1 game, he's not learning very quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a debatable point, but it’s where we disagree. Today they weren’t good enough. But I’m not writing them off completely ...yet....by saying they are not good enough. 

Both IE and us don’t know whether Mascoll or Gordon is better or equipped to deliver at this level consistently. Kioso looked good today, as has Hickman previously, as did Jones... occasionally. We’ve all seen Crawford do better. Surely there’s more to come from Sarcevic. Is Tutte fit enough yet? He looks better than Comely. And can you really summise for definite that Hickman, Jones, Gordon, Mascoll and Kioso (who actually looked perfect for this role) shouldn’t be wingbacks?

If we are thinking this, then I’m sure it’s puzzling IE more. As frustrated as we are and as much as we know it’s not working yet, surely you’re not suggesting that IE was the wrong appointment and all these signings can now be written off?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Moonguest said:

The point is the players he has signed are not good enough and never will be. No amount of coaching will change that essential truth.

I cant agree Doyle, Fonz, Sarcevic, Santos, Kioso, Tutte and 1 or 2 others dont have the ability and/or pedigree to play 4th tier football.  Its a bit of a generalisation.  Its upto the manager to get them playing to their maximum.  He's falling short in his formation and selections, coaching isnt the obvious issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That sums it up.  For "were" replace "are".  With the exception of Crawford, they arent good enough.  And they shouldnt be wingbacks, they are full backs.  IE to blame for that, as he was after 1 game, he's not learning very quickly.

could do worse than go 442 with kiaso on the right Tutte, Darcy in the middle and Isgrove on the left

Maybe the Captaincy is affecting Sarcevics game, Give it to Delaney starting at the Barrow game

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Yep, the defence was actually ok for the most part today. Unfortunately the experienced players we expected big things from are all off colour. Gnuhua looked to have something about him so I’d stick him in next time. Darcy deserves a go as well. 

He does have something about him.  When we needed some attacking impetus against Grimsby, IE took off Tutte and put on Comley.  He took off Hickman and Brockbank was effectively put on the right wing. Its not like the poor selections and formations are a new thing.  Its baffling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He does have something about him.  When we needed some attacking impetus against Grimsby, IE took off Tutte and put on Comley.  He took off Hickman and Brockbank was effectively put on the right wing. Its not like the poor selections and formations are a new thing.  Its baffling.

It might not be working yet but it’s not baffling if you really think about it.

I already tried to tell you last week, he took off Tutte last week because he’s not ready for 90 mins, same reason as he didn’t start him today.

We had about 10 pages talking about Hickman last week, he played Kioso there today - he played well.

Im not happy about the result today, I’m not happy about the position I find ourselves in. It’s not good enough, there’s more negatives than positives, but IE has admitted all of this.

When you are still bedding in signings you made yesterday and adding them to a team/squad that’s been together for weeks, maybe everybody’s expectations have been risen beyond what is realistically possible at the moment

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, desperado said:

It might not be working yet but it’s not baffling if you really think about it.

I already tried to tell you last week, he took off Tutte last week because he’s not ready for 90 mins, same reason as he didn’t start him today.

We had about 10 pages talking about Hickman last week, he played Kioso there today - he played well.

Im not happy about the result today, I’m not happy about the position I find ourselves in. It’s not good enough, there’s more negatives than positives, but IE has admitted all of this.

When you are still bedding in signings you made yesterday and adding them to a team/squad that’s been together for weeks, maybe everybody’s expectations have been risen beyond what is realistically possible at the moment

 

 

 

Spot on. We have to give evatt the time to prove if he is or isn’t the man for us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Having calmed down a bit, I’m hopeful Evatt will get it right.

He’s chucked a shed load of players together who he’s only seen in passing rather than managed before.

He seems to have sussed Comley & Hickman are not fitting his style early so looked to sign replacements.

He’ll suss that out all over the pitch as the season goes on. No knee jerk reaction. We aren’t going up this season. Give Evatt the time to sort out them he’s not keen on after all, get it right in summer then go up next seaso  n

That's a very kind way to look at it.  We could all see Comley wasnt upto it after 1 game, but he continues to be picked, doesnt look like he's been sussed from where I'm looking.  I'd be more than happy to go up next season I'm struggling to see how Hill wasnt given the same luxury of time, given his record of promotions at Rochdale. At the moment we're kidding ourselves if we think this manager is a step up, and yes I was as enthusiastic as anyone about his appointment, but he's doing his best to prove I dont have a clue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Very good side Cambridge, could be a battering if we aren’t careful 

Apart from being top of the league, what do you base that on?

I'm not saying you're wrong but I couldn't tell you the first thing about anyone in our league other than we are all shit, we all miss shed loads of chances if we get them and can't defend for toffee.

Where does one educate ones self with these pub league teams? Genuine question. Not sure I've got the will to follow up the answer tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though I live across the narrow sea, an Oldham fan lives over the road from me, 

Gonna be a shit week I forsee,

I might put a pipe bomb under his car.

I know the last line doesn't rhyme, but it makes me feel better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Offshore said:

Even though I live across the narrow sea, an Oldham fan lives over the road from me, 

Gonna be a shit week I forsee,

I might put a pipe bomb under his car.

I know the last line doesn't rhyme, but it makes me feel better.

Wouldn't worry about it. Our time will come again.

Doesn't make it easy tonight though

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Excellent? He was marginally better than he was first half which was almost pub football level 

Agree with that.  He did improve in the 2nd half, in that he got involved, but he just looks like Madine looked against Championship players, always off the pace and having to over stretch to compete with better, more athletic players.  He looks like a conference player that in a good team would probably score a few, but in a poor team is just off the pace and doesnt impact the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Wouldn't worry about it. Our time will come again.

Doesn't make it easy tonight though

I remember years ago being escorted out of the Chaddy end, snowing like fuck, down the side of the pitch as the teams are warming up after an aborted attempt at taking their end & Peter Reid saying, 'never mind lads, have another go outside!' 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Offshore said:

I remember years ago being escorted out of the Chaddy end, snowing like fuck, down the side of the pitch as the teams are warming up after an aborted attempt at taking their end & Peter Reid saying, 'never mind lads, have another go outside!' 

 

Before my time i think. First time I remember going there was earlyv80's. Freezing, 1-1 draw i think, Doyle scored both ends?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.