Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

2 hours ago, marple whites said:

Good honest interview with Evatt.

But apart from the lad from Luton at full back every single one of them was shite.

sloppy passing, slow and lethargic all of them.  Win the ball and give it away, passes behind the runner, blind passes across the middle of the park - just basics.

no energy, desire and will to win.

doyle dropping deeper and deeper.  All trying to do flicks instead of easy balls- it was a shit show.

if you were in charge of Salford tonight after that, you would have been sacked - simply not good enough.

4 home games, 1 goal and 1 draw - the natives would have been going ballistic and at this level utter wank.

i have no idea where we go from here as he Evatt has signed this shower of shite and they simply don’t look good enough.

Back to the red wine 🍷 

Cant agree with tarring everyone with the same brush.  I've watched the last 2 home games and havent once seen Santos or Delaney give the ball away unnecessarily or fail to win a 50/50 challenge.  The lad from Luton did a few good things but also gave the ball away many times and compared to a good game from a Darcy or Politic - nowhere near.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IE is absolutely spot on. Hes still got my full support and fwiw I’m confident that he will sort it. some of u lot thought it was gonna be a cake walk this season. So do some of our pla

They are easy, negative observations that anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would struggle to disagree with.  And of course you have the higher ground as you’ve got a whole host of poor

I hate playing Oldham. Never got over that Darren Beckford goal. Bogey team, going to curl up in the cupboard under the stairs and drink a 10 pack of Guinness (I will have a bucket)

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Jam Shed and 19 Crimes (not together) both go down quickly and numb the pain

Now you're talking.  19 Crimes is the short term answer to all our problems.  Jam Shed a bit sweet but still quality.

• Site Supporter

We were sold the pup that at least our team would be entertaining play good footy & hopefully be free scoring .

Right now I would take up & under clogging just to get some points on the board .Who said the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Every team we have lost to has been better than us in all areas of the pitch.Its fucking frightening .

Christ even Phil Neal's worst team was better than these,at least We had a John Thomas or a Steve Thompson showing some quality.

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d take Morais all day long and he’s a great personality would lift the squad. 

But he doesn't come with the "pace" tag.  Not an IE type player.  I like a player with pace but if I had to choose between that and quality passing or crossing, I'd go for the the latter, IE has his way of playing and I hope he can make it work.

41 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

But he doesn't come with the "pace" tag.  Not an IE type player.  I like a player with pace but if I had to choose between that and quality passing or crossing, I'd go for the the latter, IE has his way of playing and I hope he can make it work.

I'd love it to work but i've not seen much evidence of this "pace" so far.

We just don't look fit enough to me, either that or they are being  over trained and they're all fucked by the time Saturday comes.

Every side we've seen so far looks faster and sharper than our ponderous bunch of turds.

Not up for reading 18 pages, so sorry if I repeat other messages.

Piss poor again today, bar 15 minutes after we scored.

Gordon, Sarcevic, Crawford & Comley have disappointed all season.
Doyle & Delfouneso dropping far too deep/wide
Manager too inflexible : all subs are straight swaps. One of the three centre halves should have been sacrificed today.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Not up for reading 18 pages, so sorry if I repeat other messages.

Piss poor again today, bar 15 minutes after we scored.

Gordon, Sarcevic, Crawford & Comley have disappointed all season.
Doyle & Delfouneso dropping far too deep/wide
Manager too inflexible : all subs are straight swaps. One of the three centre halves should have been sacrificed today.

Excellent points, especially the centre half comment, one sacrificed for Darcy might of give us that little bit extra and something different in the final 3rd. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Been volunteering for BlazeAid over here, and currently staying at Border Walwa Football Club, the acronym (or initialism) I've only just realised after 3 days here.

Cancelled the current season, due to the bushfires, sounds like we should do the same. 

9 hours ago, masi 51 said:

could do worse than go 442 with kiaso on the right Tutte, Darcy in the middle and Isgrove on the left

Maybe the Captaincy is affecting Sarcevics game, Give it to Delaney starting at the Barrow game

Darcy in CM?! Jesus. Can only assume you don’t remember when Elmander played there at Wembley?

13 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I thought that about Hickman, he perhaps seemed a touch harsh on him last week. Begs the question why was Comley back in today?

Didn't see the game, thankfully, but my neighbour said he wasn't up to much.

This. Any manager with half a brain wouldn’t have included Comley in the squad - he has shown in the previous games how much a liability he is. 

25 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Something not right here 

a lad who played regular in league one can’t  break into the team ok he’s no world beater but better than we currently have 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18802700.ronan-darcy-not-bolton-wanderers-starting-line-up---ian-evatt/

Evatt makes it sound like that Darcy is a lazy twat in training.

Just now, Blondi said:

Evatt makes it sound like that Darcy is a lazy twat in training.

He does

now obviously we don’t know but I can’t see it myself evatt wanted this new way of playing young energetic etc darcy fits the bill

And that with Hickman last week then not using him yesterday

Get it sorted Evatt. 

Forget this "total football" for a bit and just make us hard to beat.

If you can't play well, just make sure your work rate is higher than the opposition. 

Results will come (hopefully 😟).

40 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Something not right here 

a lad who played regular in league one can’t  break into the team ok he’s no world beater but better than we currently have 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18802700.ronan-darcy-not-bolton-wanderers-starting-line-up---ian-evatt/

It's not the first time either. I remember he singled him out in pre-season. 

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's not the first time either. I remember he singled him out in pre-season. 

Did he? Don’t recall that but I take your word

Hope I’m wrong but traits of Keith hill creeping in with this fella 

4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Did he? Don’t recall that but I take your word

Hope I’m wrong but traits of Keith hill creeping in with this fella 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18701545.bolton-wanderers-boss-ian-evatt-explains-ronan-darcy-wasnt-cup-squad/

To be fair, it wasn't as critical as I thought, but it's clear he sees him as being quite far down the pecking order. It also seems that he sees him as a central midfielder, which he might be in time but isn't now.

2 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

This. Any manager with half a brain wouldn’t have included Comley in the squad - he has shown in the previous games how much a liability he is. 

I remember reading when he signed that Comley had the best pass completion record of any player in the division last year.

One of the perils of recruiting from an excel spreadsheet I guess?

I like White in the middle with Tutte and would have them to as my central midfield but Whites unavailable.

Comley is shocking Crawford and Sarcevic not much better.

As i said maybe the captaincy is affecting Sarcevic

Tuesday night Evatt can again pick the usual suspects Comley, Crawford and Sarcevic or he could try something new.

Maybe a midfield 4 with Tutte and young Riley central and Darcy Kioso out wide

For me we lack true midfielders but over run with these Hybrid [his words] Wing backs

5 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Darcy in CM?! Jesus. Can only assume you don’t remember when Elmander played there at Wembley?

You've lost m e there Jules.  Elmander was a striker so was out of position in midfield.  I know we've not seen him in the flesh for 7 months, but isnt Darcy a central midfielder?  And a good one.

20 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

You've lost m e there Jules.  Elmander was a striker so was out of position in midfield.  I know we've not seen him in the flesh for 7 months, but isnt Darcy a central midfielder?  And a good one.

Not really; he’s more in the point or #10 role than a traditional box to box or holding CM

And we need to win the battles in the middle of the park right now; a lightweight Darcy would not help that

I like the kid but we’re struggling as it is with Comley/Tutte and Sarc with Crawford slightly further forward....IMO you’re Not using him in this 4-4-2 folk are clamouring for (Like Elmander at Wembley), unless you're dropping one of the front 2 or playing him on the right 

if we’re swapping out Crawford it’s not changing that much to be the panacea we’ve been looking for 

5 hours ago, kent_white said:

I remember reading when he signed that Comley had the best pass completion record of any player in the division last year.

One of the perils of recruiting from an excel spreadsheet I guess?

His pass completion for us is probably decent, but that's because 90% are 10 yards sideways or backwards.  Crawford's not going to have a 90% pass rate when he's trying, successfully or not, to play incisive passes to the front men most of the time.  Last season Hernandes at Man U had a 75% pass completion which was the 128th best in the prem out of 147 midfielders.  He got loads of assists and a few goals and anyone can see he's a decent player.   Not being harsh on Comley but his limitations are obvious, even when he has an error free spell its all played out around the halfway line with safe passes, it asks no questions of the opposition and he's not breaking up opposition attacks.

The strange thing for me is we take all these risks at the back, I presume to draw teams out, but then are completely pedestrian and laboured when we do attack?

They look like they playing with fear to me, too scared of making mistakes so don't take risks.

And the middle three are not functioning which doesn't gel us together in this formation either