Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Which sports do you not like?

Underpants

F1 isn’t a sport, it’s just traffic.

I occasionally watch rugby union, but I think that is only to remind myself how inferior it is to RL.

Golf just spoils a good walk.

Darts and the attention around it really gets on my nerves, and NFL is following close behind on that front. My muted words on Twitter get longer every week. 

12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

F1 isn’t a sport, it’s just traffic.

I occasionally watch rugby union, but I think that is only to remind myself how inferior it is to RL.

Golf just spoils a good walk.

Darts and the attention around it really gets on my nerves, and NFL is following close behind on that front. My muted words on Twitter get longer every week. 

Darts isn't a sport either.

Anything you can play/do in flip flops or sandals without adversely affecting performance isn't a sport, like...
Snooker
Pool
Fishing etc.

• Members

If you don’t exercise it’s not a sport. 

The slander for F1 and golf will not be tolerated.

Id probably only watch rugby union if England are in an important World Cup game, other than that, not interested, same goes for league.

Basketball. I don’t get it. It’s like watching giants doing a really slow bleep test, whilst bouncing a ball and dropping it in a bucket at the other end.

Plus, the scoring is ridiculous. You play for 48 minutes (which takes about 2 and a half hours to get through because it’s so stop/start) and it ends 111 - 109.

I forgot to add - it’s so boring they have to play that stupid music in the background to try and liven it up a bit.

Edited by Jol_BWFC

Rugby Union and cricket. I'd say darts also but like others have mentioned it isn't really a sport.

Can't get into American sports. 

Tried the Super Bowl final once but it was like death by 1000 cuts with the ads, intervals and razzamatazz while fuck all happened on the pitch. Twas a giant glittery turd

Edited by deane koontz

56 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Golf is not a spectator sport, and its not the actual sport of golf i dislike.

The game itself is what it is, but its everything else that golf is that i don't like.

Golf is great when you have a bet on it. 
You become an expert overnight. If Rory would take 10 seconds longer on his drives and remain focussed with his short irons he would be world number 1. This is based on me watching 3 or 4 tournaments a year. 

Now then, baseball. I use to think this was utterly boring. Had little skill and even less excitement . Over the past few weeks I've hovered over the odd live match on BT Sport. I can't say I'm converted but I'm starting to see some sort of appeal. Not sat threw an entire game yet. And I don't think I will unless I pick a team, which probably wont happen.

• Members
10 minutes ago, Ani said:

Golf is great when you have a bet on it. 
You become an expert overnight. If Rory would take 10 seconds longer on his drives and remain focussed with his short irons he would be world number 1. This is based on me watching 3 or 4 tournaments a year. 

It’s great to watch, not many competitions match the masters and the Ryder cup for drama.

My owd fella and his mates went to Georgia to watch the masters when Sergio finally won it, he said it was great to be there but so much better to watch on TV

• Site Supporter

Any American sport, utter shite all of them.

I can understand folk being bored with F1 but if you like your cars then it becomes more than just a race.

Rugby is only ever watched if England are playing in the world cup, league is dross.

Tennis is only for a Brit at Wimbledon.

The Ryder cup is the best weekend of tele going, love it. Not really a fan of watching normal competition golf though.

Love darts but it isn't really a sport.

• Site Supporter

Basketball is like a male version of netball

Baseball ditto rounders

american football like a women’s version of rugby but they let men play

fencng (sword fighting) fuck off and stab. Winner is last manstanding

2 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Can't stand cricket, motor racing, cycling and definitely not American football and basketball either.

Putting cricket in there invalidates any sensible points you might make later. It is a brilliant day out and also one of the greatest sports to watch for certain moments produced by Ben Stokes in last couple of years. 

14 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Now then, baseball. I use to think this was utterly boring. Had little skill and even less excitement . Over the past few weeks I've hovered over the odd live match on BT Sport. I can't say I'm converted but I'm starting to see some sort of appeal. Not sat threw an entire game yet. And I don't think I will unless I pick a team, which probably wont happen.

Went to watch baseball in Toronto after a crash course watching on TV from a barman a couple of nights earlier. The three hours absolutely flew by and we ended up going again a few nights later we enjoyed it that much. Got the Blue Jays score alerts but just rely on Twitter highlights in the absence of a BT subscription. I used to ridicule it as a shit combination of rounders and cricket but it was a much quicker pace than I expected.  

1 minute ago, Ani said:

Putting cricket in there invalidates any sensible points you might make later. It is a brilliant day out and also one of the greatest sports to watch for certain moments produced by Ben Stokes in last couple of years. 

Well, just can't stand it I'm afraid, only watch football and boxing these days.