Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Which sports do you not like?

Underpants

3 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Surely not liking RL is as much an alarm bell for wooftery as ordering a soy latte is.

Its not really is it. A sport which only 479 people in the country actually like. It will cease to exist within about 20 years.

Zero skill, its just all about who has taken the most steroids

22 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Its not really is it. A sport which only 479 people in the country actually like. It will cease to exist within about 20 years.

Zero skill, its just all about who has taken the most steroids

dart players are fitter, all fat bastards rugby players

4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I prefer listening to cricket on the radio than watching it.

Yeah, golf never got, I don't mind F1 - the only whole season I watched was when Hill won it. 

Rugby, all codes do nothing for me. Went to a Union game at Wembley, like watching paint dry. 

Watch a bit of cross country when it's on the BBC, but not road running. 

Like the idea of baseball but no one has ever sat down and explained the rules so haven't got a clue what is going on.

Cricket commentators, and sidekicks, on the radio are worth the licence fee. But so are the comms on the telly. Now that Boycott has gone I can't name any I have big issue's with.

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Been the baseball in Houston; it’s wank but you can get shitfaced

F1, snooker and bicycle racing are bogwank to watch but they’re not really sports are they 

Been to Houston also and it was double wank, fooking hot and humid. Baseball is shite with bells on it 

14 minutes ago, glennboltw said:

Went watching baseball in New York and really didn't understand what was happening so I went over to a group of lads to ask for the basics... They said "we don't know either were from Preston" 

Good call

not much happens, slowly

And couldn’t get a, much-needed, drink without ID.

9 hours ago, Whitestar said:

40 years ago my brother went to the states when "soccer" was just getting going, said they were shite at it.

They went to a game somewhere, possibly san Francisco and I'm sure he said George best was playing, anyway i asked what it was like, he said it was awful. Full of families taking picnic hampers and no aggro whatsoever.

Was the tour organised by Hayward School?  if so, I was on it.  The match with George Best was at San Jose Earthquakes, got to meet him on the pitch, he smelt of ale.  The picnics were ace btw, more of a bbq than anything else, even had butter on their hotdog rolls.

• Members
17 hours ago, Underpants said:

Im talking popular sports and not low level stuff like bog snorkeling or rugby league.

I'll watch most things but I would not waste my time with tennis, F1 or any type of horse racing. If it wasn't for the Ryder Cup then golf would be in that list too.

Dislike most sports based around the individual. You name it - tennis, golf, boxing etc.

Nothing like a good team sport. A group of individuals coming together in pursuit of collective success.

17 hours ago, Barnstoneworth White said:

Was the tour organised by Hayward School?  if so, I was on it.  The match with George Best was at San Jose Earthquakes, got to meet him on the pitch, he smelt of ale.  The picnics were ace btw, more of a bbq than anything else, even had butter on their hotdog rolls.

Not sure who organised it but yeah he did go to that school.

10 hours ago, tomski said:

Cricket and rugby are awful. Saying that I hate most sports. 

Cricket is a great day out? Just have a great day out somewhere no need to watch bat and ball.

Do you still get down and watch Lostock when you can?

Owt with an egg. I just don't get it. 

Union I stayed up for the wc final in 2003 and went to bed as it kicked off. 

League /nfl... Got no idea what's going on. 

Reckon I could watch most other sports. But rugby nfl I last 5 minutes before sacking it off.