Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Which sports do you not like?

Underpants

Went to watch the Atlanta Hawks V San Antonio Spurs when we were in Atlanta. Fucking shite.

Not many sports I actively dislike, probably due to the fact one of my best mates watches literally any sport so have a passing interest in anything. That and watching Grandstand and Transworld Sports every weekend s akid

38 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I got mithered into watching the Croquet Derby once on the lawns of Pennington Hall park in the refined district of Leigh, the finalists were Westleigh & Plank Lane, the game started with gentile handshakes but ended up a full blown fight and mallets used as weapons.

I stayed in a hotel/Spa that had a croquet lawn. I didn't fully understand the rules, and I was guided through the game, but it turned out that I was pretty good at it.

As it happens I'm pretty good at every sport I've ever done. So my croquet talent didnt come as a great surprise.

5 minutes ago, Underpants said:

I stayed in a hotel/Spa that had a croquet lawn. I didn't fully understand the rules, and I was guided through the game, but it turned out that I was pretty good at it.

As it happens I'm pretty good at every sport I've ever done. So my croquet talent didnt come as a great surprise.

Did the hotel have a table football machine ? I was pretty good playing that till a few years ago breaking my wrist what ended my career.

• Members
10 hours ago, snowball said:

Hate rugby. Love American Football. if you hate it you dont get it. Fantastic game.

Not a big fan of RL (but concede that it's a tough game for hard men) but love Union, gridiron and almost all team sports. Just leave me out of the selfish individual sports like tennis, golf etc.

American football is just brilliant and I still believe that the college game is a better watch overall.

Use to really love watching American football. Went to Wembley couple of times to watch them pre-season jobs they use to have. Then, and without warning, I suddenly thought it was shit and not worth my time anymore. I've tryed to get back in to it but the love isn't there.

• Site Supporter

I'm sure it makes a massive difference when the sport is around you.

People on here have an unblinding loyalty to our beloved Whites - that's a trait that we all have in common.

I lived in LA a long time ago so I watched the Lakers a couple of times & became a fan. I watched the Dodgers live & became a baseball fan - sat through games that lasted hours.

It was Joe Montana time & I became a 49's fan.

Came back to the UK & hardly bothered anymore with American sports.

I actually skip the NFL thread on here but I will look at the local footy teams to see how they're getting on.

That local, loyalty empathy is always there.

On 20/10/2020 at 12:08, Steejay said:

I'm sure it makes a massive difference when the sport is around you.

People on here have an unblinding loyalty to our beloved Whites - that's a trait that we all have in common.

I lived in LA a long time ago so I watched the Lakers a couple of times & became a fan. I watched the Dodgers live & became a baseball fan - sat through games that lasted hours.

It was Joe Montana time & I became a 49's fan.

Came back to the UK & hardly bothered anymore with American sports.

I actually skip the NFL thread on here but I will look at the local footy teams to see how they're getting on.

That local, loyalty empathy is always there.

So if the Bolton Elephants American Football team was created we'd all be yeharring and Yankee doodle dooing all down the East Lancs? 

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

So if the Bolton Elephants American Football team was created we'd all be yeharring and Yankee doodle dooing all down the East Lancs? 

Definitely.

With our cowboy boots on.

🐘🐘🐘