Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Christmas shopping

Not in Crawley

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Third week of it and I'll still be rushing round come Christmas eve....ugh. from sept onwards always the same. I'm beginning to love January.

Sorry, I’d always assumed you were male. My mistake. The beauty of manliness is that the shops have a special manly day for Christmas shopping; that’s Christmas Eve.

• Members

I have a different role at work now so I’m not away at weekends, the Mrs tried to get me to go today, but as I am a genius I’ve been doing my Christmas shopping all year in secret, the Mrs is done for, all the family.
Just now the sprog.
Showed our Maude to everything except hers today and she couldn’t believe it. And I haven’t stepped into a shop, god bless Jeff Bezos

Last year was a nightmare because I left it late.

New baby on the way and I’ve even done the room up. Think I’ve earned a beer. 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Sorry, I’d always assumed you were male. My mistake. The beauty of manliness is that the shops have a special manly day for Christmas shopping; that’s Christmas Eve.

From 3 till 5. 
The market hall usually has a charity wrapping service as well. 
Usually in the Vaults for 5.05pm with a bag like Santa.

Guest Nordkurve
20 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Got my eldest (almost 5) a bike for Xmas the other week. Noticed stocks are really short so wanted to get it sorted early 

All else will be Amazon jobs I reckon thank fuck.

Mrs Jules wants a new Apple Watch thingy, I assume that’ll be straight forward (I hope)

Get her one of these:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/IWO-12-pro-W26-Smart-Watch-2020-IP68-Waterproof-Smartwatch-men-Series-6-ECG-Hear-/293619605471

.....and with the Money you save put it towards a PS5 for yourself :)

11 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Get her one of these:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/IWO-12-pro-W26-Smart-Watch-2020-IP68-Waterproof-Smartwatch-men-Series-6-ECG-Hear-/293619605471

.....and with the Money you save put it towards a PS5 for yourself :)

See a PS5 would definitely be wasted on me but I like your style with that watch 😃

14 hours ago, Traf said:

Fuck Christmas, it's shite.

Is the correct answer. Never liked it before anyway but since my dad's passing it's just one long exercise in trying to keep my mum distracted. It can fuck right off for me. 

Ho Ho Ho (apologies for being a miserable twat 😁

7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

We have to do it bit by bit this year with the other half being made redundant, plus all the kids are at that age 14, 10 and 8 where (apart from the youngest) you can't buy the big box pressies that are cheaper but look ace wrapped up. Its all earrings, vouchers etc 

In my head you ask for earrings every year too :D

• Members
13 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Gets bloody harder when they get older

Few years ago could do a few big presents then loads of cheap wrap ups from b&m job done, daughter wants some customised Xbox controller for £180 wtf!!

Jesus that’s the price of the console