Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barrow Away.

Marc505

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Imagine a packed away end there last night.

This players not pulling their tripe and being up for it wouldve soon changed on the road with some of our vociferous followings.

Deffo working againt us.

Covid out.

It's like an alternate reality that though innit. If away fans were allowed in it would probably mean coronavirus never happened and if it had never happened who knows where we would be... Barrow might never have got over the line and promoted in the end, we'd never have heard of Ian Evatt and David Lee would currently be getting slated by every man and his dog.

But yeah if we had fans in to watch that last night it would have been ugly, those stands were right on top of the pitch. That moment late on where Baptiste got chased down the line like an injured gazelle and tackled, he would have got fried for that.

I’m so pleased for Evatt after that result!

He’d backed himself into a corner with his comments after our last game so no wonder he was yelling after the equaliser. He ain’t daft, he knows where our weaknesses are and I’m confident that he will plug those holes over the next few weeks and months. 

We need to be patient, in a results driven industry that is hard but I really do think he will turn it round and in a few months those people calling for him to be sacked will look very foolish,,,,or I will 😁.

weve taken a chance with Crellin, we must av got him on a cheap deal, they turned down £1m+ for him so let’s hope he comes good! 

41 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

He’d backed himself into a corner with his comments after our last game so no wonder he was yelling after the equaliser. He ain’t daft, he knows where our weaknesses are and I’m confident that he will plug those holes over the next few weeks and months. 

We need to be patient, in a results driven industry that is hard but I really do think he will turn it round and in a few months those people calling for him to be sacked will look very foolish,,,,or I will 😁.

weve taken a chance with Crellin, we must av got him on a cheap deal, they turned down £1m+ for him so let’s hope he comes good! 

So why did he pick Baptiste and Comley? Why has he persisted with Crellin when the lad just isn't good enough? He really doesn't have a clue what he is doing but there are players in the squad that can win games if they decide to turn up

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Fuckin hell, I'd have snatched their hands off.

Edited by Steejay

On the very brief highlights, Kioso gets up well for a couple of headers, plus his headed goal.  After he won a few headers on Saturday despite his size, it looks like he might have that Stelios habit of popping up with some unexpected goals and doing his fair share of scrapping for 50/50 balls.  Overall looks a decent signing, has more to his game than Hickman from what I've seen and probably a better bet than Isgrove.

11 hours ago, gonzo said:

Imagine a packed away end there last night.

This players not pulling their tripe and being up for it wouldve soon changed on the road with some of our vociferous followings.

Deffo working againt us.

Covid out.

Aye that’s works well for us before.

How many times have weve turned it around with the whole away end going berserk at the players?

Edited by Eavesy

I remember when young Jussi was worst keeper we have ever had after Crewe game at home. Give the lad a chance. The manager is asking him to play sweeper keeper which probably is not his usual game. I agree though that we should of signed Mathews up but we didn’t. Hopefully he will gain a bit of confidence and be England’s number 1 by end of season. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

The Barrow commentators on i follow last night seemed to rate Kioso very highly - they were quaking in their boots every time he ventured forward.

With his pace, ability & engine I'd be tempted to move him inside to give us a bit more creativity in the middle. 

14 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

With his pace, ability & engine I'd be tempted to move him inside to give us a bit more creativity in the middle. 

You want to best utilise his pace and athleticism in the middle of the park where there's less space?

Just looked at Remi Matthews on wiki, didn’t realise how few games he’s played throughout his career even though he is still 26

Really rate him, wasted on the bench at Sunderland and miles better than Crelin

I think a new goalie would make a big difference and would be my top priority

1 minute ago, Hutch said:

Just looked at Remi Matthews on wiki, didn’t realise how few games he’s played throughout his career even though he is still 26

Really rate him, wasted on the bench at Sunderland and miles better than Crelin

I think a new goalie would make a big difference and would be my top priority

Just the 70 goals he let in last season. 

Agree on a new keeper, but not Matthews. He was always too weak to play for us.

6 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Just the 70 goals he let in last season. 

Agree on a new keeper, but not Matthews. He was always too weak to play for us.

He was also making loads of saves and catching loads of crosses (not attempting to punch) every game.  Its what happens when you are clearly 2nd best to your opponents in most games, the goalkeeper is very busy and goals go in.  This season although we're struggling to impose ourselves, we arent clearly 2nd best to anyone, every game could go either way, and Crellin doesnt have a lot to do.  What he does isnt very good, accepting he's made 1 or 2 decent saves.  If Crellin had been in goal last season I dread to think what some of the scores would have been.  Matthews is far too good for us in Div 2 and was too good for a relegation team in Div 1.

15 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He was also making loads of saves and catching loads of crosses (not attempting to punch) every game.  Its what happens when you are clearly 2nd best to your opponents in most games, the goalkeeper is very busy and goals go in.  This season although we're struggling to impose ourselves, we arent clearly 2nd best to anyone, every game could go either way, and Crellin doesnt have a lot to do.  What he does isnt very good, accepting he's made 1 or 2 decent saves.  If Crellin had been in goal last season I dread to think what some of the scores would have been.  Matthews is far too good for us in Div 2 and was too good for a relegation team in Div 1.

He's not good enough for Sunderland and Parkinson in that same league, at least he wasn't these last few games. 

• Moderators
On 21/10/2020 at 11:00, Ruba Mustafa said:

who offered that then?