Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A Simple Phone Call To Cheer A Mate Up.

leigh white

Only got told an old workmate was suffering deep depression on FB last night, i lost his number when my last phone went AWOL, anyway i managed to contact him with the poor lad living in S Wales. He sounded a bit down but soon had him a bit upbeat and thanking me for giving him a call.

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, leigh white said:

You've seen how I react to people, make them feel good, make them think that anything's possible. If I make them laugh along the way, sue me. And I don't do it so they turn round and go "Thank you for the opportunity, thank you for the wisdom, thank you for the laughs." I do it so, one day, someone will go "There goes Leigh White. I must remember to thank him."

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, leigh white said:

Only got told an old workmate was suffering deep depression on FB last night, i lost his number when my last phone went AWOL, anyway i managed to contact him with the poor lad living in S Wales. He sounded a bit down but soon had him a bit upbeat and thanking me for giving him a call.

Well done you 👍

Aye my mate rang me as I was going in to college back in 2001. Didnt answer.

He was cut up about splitting up with his mrs and finding out she was pregnant.

He spent the day on a binge of drink and drugs, got that smashed he choked on his own sick after passing out and died.

Moral of the story. If your mate needs a chat, have a chat. You never know whats round the corner.

3 hours ago, leigh white said:

Fair play mate. A group of my mates are typical blokes that usually hardly keep up and rarely get in touch unless there is an event. We have made a point of keeping in touch even via what’s app over last few weeks. 
One of them I know is having real personal issues and him and I talk a couple of times a week. 

Different friends react to different calls, the last lad I spoke to who was in a bad way was told he’s a fkin fat mincer who had a butter bean cock, no wonder she was shagging half the local boozer. Seemed to do the trick as he appears to be allreet now. Would have felt a bit of a cunt if he had topped himself like 

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

Different friends react to different calls, the last lad I spoke to who was in a bad way was told he’s a fkin fat mincer who had a butter bean cock, no wonder she was shagging half the local boozer. Seemed to do the trick as he appears to be allreet now. Would have felt a bit of a cunt if he had topped himself like 

I just do not understand who gave you my number. 

4 hours ago, leigh white said:

Yep. We all have that mate who’s suffering. So important to keep in touch. Mine’s in Brum, diagnosed with MS, shuffling around like a 90 year old the poor bastard. Then I remind myself that he’s a Red Scouser so phone him up to give him dogs abuse. He reminds me that I support BWFC. Cheers both of us up 😀

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

I just do not understand who gave you my number. 

It’s been doing the rounds on Wanderersways. It said Ani's feeling low, give him a call. Most of us couldn’t be arsed and passed the number on.