Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

European League

masi 51

19 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It’s to replace CL not leave the PL

They would play weakenbed teams in the prem.

Or even have 2 squads, to be able to keep playing weekend and midweek.

Last week they wanted less games.....and now this means more.

Edited by Pablo

I know, but i'm sick of hearing this minority believe they control the game, which is why i'd tell them all to go, set up whatever league they want, but they won't be allowed to play any domestic games (league and cup again), hell maybe in 5 years make it mandatory for player turning out for their home nation, MUST play in a recognised domestic league :)

• Members
6 minutes ago, Pablo said:

They’ll fuck off cup games to the yoof

• Site Supporter

Bye cunts.

I won't be paying whatever additional fees to watch it.

Probably makes my decision to cancel Sky a load easier as I keep it out of some sort of habit.

IPTV all the way for my lad's sake.

Said it for years, they want an NFL franchise-style set up that basically eliminates relegations/promotions. Any club that's in trouble can simply relocate like the Raiders have in America.

All a bit Meh.

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

I completely forgot about the CL before flicking over to SSN after our game, was even aware they'd made the draw, felt like they played the last final about a month ago

It used to have a real magic about it until it became so self aware about how big it was and took over the world.

90's, early 2000's on terrestrial with teams no one knew much about and stadiums like San Siro and Nou Camp completely full of maniacs instead of people stood there taking photos of Messi and clapping, it was great to watch from the first game till the final. 

Now its barely worth a glance until about the Quarters and I think theyve cottoned on to this, hence wanting big club v big club every week.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

It used to have a real magic about it until it became so self aware about how big it was and took over the world.

90's, early 2000's on terrestrial with teams no one knew much about and stadiums like San Siro and Nou Camp completely full of maniacs instead of people stood there taking photos of Messi and clapping, it was great to watch from the first game till the final. 

Now its barely worth a glance until about the Quarters and I think theyve cottoned on to this, hence wanting big club v big club every week.

I remember in the late 90s getting quite excited at seeing that Kiev team come out of nowhere to be ace

Would go out my way to make sure i saw what i could of them

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/01/26/the-ascent-of-dynamo-kyiv-in-europe-in-the-late-1990s/

7 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I remember in the late 90s getting quite excited at seeing that Kiev team come out of nowhere to be ace

Would go out my way to make sure i saw what i could of them

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/01/26/the-ascent-of-dynamo-kyiv-in-europe-in-the-late-1990s/

Yeah they were one of the teams where whoever was on telly away in Kiev you feared for them, sounded like 100,000 nutters in there and Shevchenko/Rebrov partnership was brutal. Shite picture and sound quality, looked like an alien planet.

5 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Now I know though am enjoying the goals show on bt sport's

At it's best in the group stage

I do like those presenters it shows you dont have to have played to be a decent pundit.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yeah they were one of the teams where whoever was on telly away in Kiev you feared for them, sounded like 100,000 nutters in there and Shevchenko/Rebrov partnership was brutal. Shite picture and sound quality, looked like an alien planet.

I do like those presenters it shows you dont have to have played to be a decent pundit.

I seem to recall my old man at the time banging on how about how impressive it was that the whole team was Ukrainian and they were as methodical as they come in terms of their approach to churning out top level players, their coach was as good as they got

Other than mourinho and porto can't think of too many other interesting seasons

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I seem to recall my old man at the time banging on how about how impressive it was that the whole team was Ukrainian and they were as methodical as they come in terms of their approach to churning out top level players, their coach was as good as they got

Other than mourinho and porto can't think of too many other interesting seasons

The coach Lobanovsky is seen as a footballing god over there isnt he? I'm going to read that article but it will end up in a YouTube rabbit hole.

Ajax run to the final in 95 was great and again in a clapped out old stadium that looked far too small for how good they were. Even that first season Newcastle were in and they beat Barcelona, and Dortmund winning it mid 90s were all great to watch and on free to air as well. No wonder every cunt ended up a United fan.

• Members
13 hours ago, Pablo said:

Cleverly done Pablo.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2020/07/we-are-liverpool-this-means-more/

Along with others, I wouldn't give a fuck if the so called big six fucked off permanently. Let the Americans run it like the NFL if they want and milk revenue from China and the subcontinent.