Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge United away.

Marc505

If anyone's got on any footage of Robbie Savage scoring our second in 1988, on a Friday night, I can't fail to be on.  Stood right behind the nets going mad with about 200 others.  They equalised in last minute.

For that Cup tie above, I was stood down the side, we must have taken a fair few, I'd forgot we even had behind the goal.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If anyone's got on any footage of Robbie Savage scoring our second in 1988, on a Friday night, I can't fail to be on.  Stood right behind the nets going mad with about 200 others.  They equalised in last minute.

For that Cup tie above, I was stood down the side, we must have taken a fair few, I'd forgot we even had behind the goal.

As we stood behind the goal to the left a few blocks of seats was away fans 

Oh right I must have been in seats, no idea why, I'd normally stand if there's an option.  Unless it was raining and I went for the covered option!  Even though we were on a bit of a downer after the Tranmere semi defeat, there was a real FA Cup buzz about the place, Cambridge were well up for it, so it was an enjoyable win.