Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge United away.

Marc505

• Moderators
3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Me and my old man are on bottom pic 

You weren't the one who gobbed at Trevor Benjamin and called him a fucking nigger were you?

You can see the guy gob at him then we turn round like "fucking hell mate"

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Did he get gobbed at? don’t recall that

Had some light banter with Martin butler when they had corner kicks 

Yeah, you can see the guy behind us jump up in a forward motion, that's what he was doing

Probably went nowhere near

Benjamin didn't notice anyway

Edit: you can't see it on these SKY highlights but you could on the MOTD ones, the same ones my mum saw and said "i saw you waving on MOTD" when i was doing the old wanker gesture

Edited by ZicoKelly

• Site Supporter

I took the missus for a surprise weekend away. She liked the idea of Cambridge 😊. First pub we went into pre game it kicked off big style, glasses thrown, tables up in the air all sorts of bother. Enjoyed the game. To finish the night off we got a lock in at a boozer, there was a big boxing fight on - but can’t for the life of me remember who it was. 

Just looked it up, perhaps not so big. Tyson vs Julius Francis (who the fuck was that?! 😂) at the MEN

Edited by desperado

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Was it the 2000 one where it absolutely bucketed down with rain afterwards? Got to the station utterly sodden. I mean literally soaked to the skin.

Yes, sounds right. I drove down to it, I remember it being shitty conditions for driving in

For the first time, and hopefully the last, we're going into a game where most of us expect to lose, irrespective of line up. If we are going to lose even with our "best" line up and formation, I don't want defeat to be an excuse to revert to type for Bradford.  Eg if Darcy is ever going to get a start or if we are going to play with 3 genuine attackers (to include Arthur) and 4 at the back and bin off Baptiste and have a left footed left back, I'd prefer it to be in a game we win so that its not just for 1 game.  I can already hear the I Told You So quotes if he makes changes and deservedly lose.

8 hours ago, Steejay said:

Just read that a Cambridge fan died yesterday, five years after getting a kicking at Southend.

Poor guy, there'll probably be a tribute to him before the game.

Read that and he hadn’t even been involved with the mother earlier in the day, Southend just picked on a small group walking back to the station after.  Really sad.

On 22/10/2020 at 09:13, Steejay said:

Just read that a Cambridge fan died yesterday, five years after getting a kicking at Southend.

Poor guy, there'll probably be a tribute to him before the game.

LFC have tried to claim him is one of their own too.  Absolute scum.

Anyway, like Harrogate, I can see us pulling off a surprise win, 1-3, and Crawford not to be shit for the first time this season.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DazBob said:

LFC have tried to claim him is one of their own too.  Absolute scum.

Anyway, like Harrogate, I can see us pulling off a surprise win, 1-3, and Crawford not to be shit for the first time this season.

They love a minute's silence...