Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Free School Meals

Winchester White

1 minute ago, crawshawbooth said:

i grew up in a house in bolton that was not a council house or a terrace  in the 60 /70s  that when the term burglars is used i just wonder what the fuck could anybody steal from the house i grew up in

we had brass but not even a record player until 1977 

the telly was a rental in 1974 before that we didnt have one 

I had a flat in 79, the repo men took my telly away because the coin slot container didn't have enough money in it.😆

1 minute ago, Ani said:

And you spend £10 on their food every week ? 

MPs get £25 per day allowance for meals. 

What is that you are in a tiss about ?? 

If course not, but that is on top of what they usually get.. This has nothing to do with what MP's receive... It irrelevant. 

Single and couple families already get enough tax payers money to feed there kids. The taxpayer already pays for most of their meals.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

What I see working in schools around my area.

You can't take your own personal experience and extrapolate that to understand the entire country. Well you can, but you won't get an accurate result. For example, someone who works in a school in Alderly Edge isn't going to experience the same issues faced by someone who works in an inner-city school in Birmingham or London.

3 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

If course not, but that is on top of what they usually get.. This has nothing to do with what MP's receive... It irrelevant. 

Single and couple families already get enough tax payers money to feed there kids. The taxpayer already pays for most of their meals.

Right. I have no idea what you are in a tiss over. 
The virus has fucked people over people on zero hours contracts and lowest pay as always be the worst hit. 
Schools are having to close. Kids are at home more often. 
To get through this situation the Govt spurred on by Rashford are spending some of the £Ms we are saving by leaving the EU to feed hungry kids. 

I would rather it went on that than a new train line. If you think money being in one area (MPs expenses) is not relevant to money being spent in another area you are wrong. There is a finite amount of money. An MP spending a 5 nights in London gets £125 to cover food. I do not think it is excessive but if the issue is the pot is empty I know which I would cut. 

12 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You can't take your own personal experience and extrapolate that to understand the entire country. Well you can, but you won't get an accurate result. For example, someone who works in a school in Alderly Edge isn't going to experience the same issues faced by someone who works in an inner-city school in Birmingham or London.

I've already said a few time I think some are entitled to it. What makes you think everyone claiming it is entitled?

4 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

I've already said a few time I think some are entitled to it. What makes you think everyone claiming it is entitled?

Do you think people might not claim because people are all over social media saying it is wrong ? 

1 minute ago, wanderer1984 said:

Do a benefit claim from and see how much you can get. Think you'll be suprised.

Me and the wife are self-employed and we've both made next to fuck all this year. I'd expect we'd get something if we claimed, so no surprise.

Are you suggesting I shouldn't? 

Do a benefit claim from and see how much you can get. Think you'll be suprised.

I did one in January and was surprised. I have not earned anything since April 2019. My missus has an ill health pension and works 1 day a week doing house viewings. 

I could get £80 per week JSA based on contributions made in previous 24 months. I got this for 13 weeks. 

I have no savings. 

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

I did one in January and was surprised. I have not earned anything since April 2019. My missus has an ill health pension and works 1 day a week doing house viewings. 

I could get £80 per week JSA based on contributions made in previous 24 months. I got this for 13 weeks. 

I have no savings. 

Do you own your own house? A lot is already based on if you have children under 16 also.

Just now, wanderer1984 said:

Do you own your own house? A lot is already based on if you have children under 16 also.

Yes on a mortgage which as mentioned on the Pension thread is about £1k per month. That would be about what the missus earns a month including her ill health pension. Kids both over 16 but living at home. Step daughter does lashes so not worked during lock downs. 
I only mention this as the idea that benefits are just chucked at you is bollox. I agree some people play/abuse the system but tarring everyone with the same brush is just more bollox. 

16 minutes ago, Ani said:

Yes on a mortgage which as mentioned on the Pension thread is about £1k per month. That would be about what the missus earns a month including her ill health pension. Kids both over 16 but living at home. Step daughter does lashes so not worked during lock downs. 
I only mention this as the idea that benefits are just chucked at you is bollox. I agree some people play/abuse the system but tarring everyone with the same brush is just more bollox. 

The reason I asked is because I know a family with two kids... Both under 16. Both work part time... 10 and 15 hours per week each at min wage. They receive £1,200 a month benefit. They rent which I believe comes out of that £1,200 also the leccy/water rates. Council tax paid for by the state.

Edited by wanderer1984

2 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Are you suggesting they shouldn't?

I'm suggesting, just listen, rather than carp on. We're a broad church from all ends of the country, with a vast range of experience and views. Generally we've all grown up, live, or have ties to Bolton. We all love the town and our club. So, if you disagree with a view, not a problem, have a verbal 'bantz' but please, don't try and be clever with this lot. You won't last five minutes.

The reason I asked is because I know a family with two kids... Both under 16. Both work part time... 10 and 15 hours per week each at min wage. They receive £1,200 a month benifit. They rent which I believe comes out of that £1,200 also the leccy/water rates. Council tax paid for by the state.

Whats benifit? And also, what is their benifit entitlement? Or is this just normal pub talk?

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm suggesting, just listen, rather than carp on. We're a broad church from all ends of the country, with a vast range of experience and views. Generally we've all grown up, live, or have ties to Bolton. We all love the town and our club. So, if you disagree with a view, not a problem, have a verbal 'bantz' but please, don't try and be clever with this lot. You won't last five minutes.

I suggest you do the same. This thread I've done nothing to suggest otherwise. You've got your knickers in a twist.... Again.

9 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

You're accusing me of the the exact same thing you're doing to me. But of course you don't see it.

Trust me, self awareness is something im pretty good at. Come on, reveal yourself. Its not someone like Snowball, its too much for him. If you you have just joined this merry band, which I somehow doubt, you've got to raise your game. You are neither funny, correct or clever. You are quite engaging though. In a special way.