Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Free School Meals

Winchester White

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I reckon there’s £4 worth of food there 

Someone went to Asda and bought the same.

£5.22

Tory appointed contractor gets the other £24.78 (x 15,000 = £371,700)

Let's see them wriggle through this one.

Edited by Spider

• Members
5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

To be fair, they have got Heinz beans, non of your smart price nonsense. Peoople don't know how lucky they are

No added sugar ones though. That’s the most outrageous part of it 

16 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I didn't know Mounts was sub-contracting his posts on here🤣

There was no free school meals in the war. Snowflake fuckers. 

Get them out lamping - save the government money and put the lazy sods to work on the land.

That'll teach 'em the benefit of a hard day's labour. PlayStation fuckers.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Its not their fault, its the fag smoking, wide-screen watching tossers who expect the state to feed their kids.

The kids'll have a tin of beans and be grateful. In my day, we had sugar butties and lumps of coal and everyone was fed, and everyone was friendly and there was no crime and everyone worked hard, everyday for their food.

Damm right Sir. None of my kids ever got free meals.

In the 70s there was maybe 3-4 fat kids in a whole school of maybe 1500 kids, now every group of schoolkids i see has an obese one amongst them.

If you had free school dinners it was like having nits or something, you sat at a separate table and were bullied, now its likely to be as normal as having gay parents or your own behavioural therapist.

A spam butty and an orange club biscuit was plenty for us.

41 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

To be fair, they have got Heinz beans, non of your smart price nonsense. Peoople don't know how lucky they are

Somebody on the radio said that within this package, they're "costed" at £1.08 a tin  -  I couldn't tell you how much a tin of Heinz beans should be, but I'm guessing that's on the high side, especially as you would imagine they're buying them in bulk and not just nipping down the corner shop for them

48 minutes ago, Spider said:

Someone went to Asda and bought the same.

£5.22

Tory appointed contractor gets the other £24.78 (x 15,000 = £371,700)

Let's see them wriggle through this one.

TMGJ is looking deeper into it for us. He'll be along in a minute once he's read what Rees Mogg has had to say on the matter

Edited by mickbrown

• Site Supporter

The company at the centre of this is Chartwells

Chartwells is part of the food service giant Compass Group. The group's chairman, Paul Walsh, was a former member of David Cameron's business advisory group.

He's also one of those lads that loves to bravely shoot lions and tigers from behind from half a mile away.

• Members
4 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Right.  My eldest buys her school dinners.  If she spent 30 quid on them she'd be taking butties.

This isn't meant to feed your kid for a month its meant to make them a weeks worth of dinners.

What do they make out of it? 
Sorreen pasta? Carrot on toast?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

What do they make out of it? 
Sorreen pasta? Carrot on toast?

Beans & spud, beans on toast, cheese butties, Pasta (should be some sauce to be fair).

You can make 5 dinners out of this for a child.  Its not meant to feed a family of 4 for a fortnight.

I reckon folk just got used to getting 30 quid a week to spend on what the bollocks they want.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

If they're in a situation where they need assistance, don't make them east fucking Soreen, utter peasant food that is

Love soreen me.  One of thems a meal in itself, takes 4 days to digest that.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Beans & spud, beans on toast, cheese butties, Pasta (should be some sauce to be fair).

You can make 5 dinners out of this for a child.  Its not meant to feed a family of 4 for a fortnight.

I reckon folk just got used to getting 30 quid a week to spend on what the bollocks they want.

You're missing the point

They haven't been given £30 worth

They've been given a fivers worth

So that's 50p per day, per child for lunch.

And what they have got is mainly shite.

I'm not saying this is 100% on the government to literally spoon feed folk, but give the cunts a chance.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Spider said:

You're missing the point

They haven't been given £30 worth

They've been given a fivers worth

So that's 50p per day, per child for lunch.

And what they have got is mainly shite.

I'm not saying this is 100% on the government to literally spoon feed folk, but give the cunts a chance.

If someones been charged 30 quid for this then they abolutely 100% need fucking.

Could you make 5 dinners for a child with this though, yes you can.

• Site Supporter

Huge over reaction. 

At 9.00am this morning it wasn't even verified.

However, taking it at face value, the company concerned acknowledged it wasn’t what should be sent out, and was investigating. 

Government also confirmed its not what it should be.

Meanwhile other folk saying how good their boxes were, but got a cursory end of piece mention on the bulletin. 

Perfectly possible that a couple of fuck ups have happened and the company will sort it.

If anything bigger, they risk losing their contract.

Strange though, that one of the comments complained about no mayo, as it would be required to make a pasta salad. 

Another said they could get better value with the money. 

Now putting aside the few examples of inadequacy, are recipients really expecting to decide what should be in so they can make a particular dish?