Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Free School Meals

Winchester White

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Our Peg is whatever the correct term for a dinner lady is now.

She goes in every day to hand out packed lunches to kids who need them.

Seems it's down to individual schools

That's how it was portrayed earlier. Catering companies in schools doing the provisions.

A few seem to be making a pig's ear of it sadly.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's how it was portrayed earlier. Catering companies in schools doing the provisions.

A few seem to be making a pig's ear of it sadly.

A pigs ear, with half a carrot and a bit of malt loaf, would make a fine meal

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Schools have been in over a week. Iw, they’ve probably fished out 10s of thousands of meals but people are making assumptions off a handful of pics. 

There’s probably more to the story  

I agree, and no doubt, some are making shit up as well and posting all sorts of pictures. I highly doubt the picture with half a carrot and some food in money bags is real. 

31 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I'm still trying to figure out what is in the bag on the right

I presumed the money bag on the left was pasta but on further inspection, it's a handful of grated cheese!

it's all a bit weird if you ask me, somewhere there is a factory knocking this lot out, and someone going "yeah, that'll do"

I read the bag on the right was tuna.

The fuckers split a can of tuna

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I agree, and no doubt, some are making shit up as well and posting all sorts of pictures. I highly doubt the picture with half a carrot and some food in money bags is real. 

Must admit, I'm struggling with this. If some tit has indeed done this as part of the process they need twatting with a big stick.

If it is someone shit stirring on the Internet, they need twatting with a big stick.

Just now, Escobarp said:

Nah crack on with your it’s because of the tories last ten years bollocks pal. I’m out 

I've said before and agreed on this thread that kids going without is down to a variety of factors. 

The severity of the situation we are in now is mainly because of this virus. 

I still stand by my argument that public services have been decimated in the past 10 years and left us vulnerable. And that handing out contracts should be for those who are most suited for the job; not those who donate the most to your party. 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m more concerned that people think that’s what’s being dished out to kids currently. It’s bollocks. 

certainly isn’t reflective of up here. 

I reckon we should all start tweeting Marcus Rashford random pics of home made food boxes and see if we can get some traction

a half eaten bag of crisp for example

some butter in a bit of clingfilm

that sort of thing

I’m not aware there is one contract for this and what research has been done into who they are and what skill set they have for this/these contract(s)

Kids meals are subsidized more now than ever. So that’s not been but back? 

as an aside I spoke to my mate earlier who lives in this world. Asked her what she would do if given money or a voucher. Would it all go to the kids. She’s an Excellent mother btw. 

her answer was as much of it would go to feeding them as possible. But some months it would go to putting credit on the gas electricity etc. whatever fire needed put out was how she explained it. 

I don’t think there is a solution to this that’s easy as everyone seems to make out 

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I reckon we should all start tweeting Marcus Rashford random pics of home made food boxes and see if we can get some traction

a half eaten bag of crisp for example

some butter in a bit of clingfilm

that sort of thing

Wrap your knob in a sandwich bag and tweet it to him saying what do i do with this? 

be all over Twitter with disgust at the tories in minutes. And general disgust of course 😁

Just now, Youri McAnespie said:

With governance comes accountability.

Some write like the Government are the clever kids in the playground getting bullied by the scumbag kids.

Accountability goes from the government to the people  supplying the goods/fulfilling the contract. 

it also goes to people believing everything they see on Twitter as being true. Perfect point in question right with this matter. 

you can’t hold someone accountable til you know the true position.  Sadly in modern times it’s trial by social media and facts don’t matter. Sad times 

For balance I can see why folk don’t trust this government to deliver this correctly and ensure its being done right without it being another jobs for the boys pilfering of public funds  

I have little trust in them either currently north or south of the border with what’s gone on. 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Accountability goes from the government to the people  supplying the goods/fulfilling the contract. 

it also goes to people believing everything they see on Twitter as being true. Perfect point in question right with this matter. 

you can’t hold someone accountable til you know the true position.  Sadly in modern times it’s trial by social media and facts don’t matter. Sad times 

Or.....maybe it helps bring to.light an issue  quicker than it.might have otherwise?

Just for an alternative take on it......

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I don’t think there is a solution to this that’s easy as everyone seems to make out 

Completely agree with that.

There's all too often a link between who gets the contract & their relationship to the party or politician. we've seen it throughout the pandemic. I think people are right to criticise that way of running a country.

My rant earlier wasn't really about this case. All I know is that the contract was given to a party funder. I'll await more information before jumping to any conclusions. As you're right about social media.

@Escobarp

Who do you think Marcus Rashford MBE is, the disgraced Donald Trump? Posting shite from Britain First etc. without a 2nd thought.

I'm sure he has advisors and researchers to hand - he seems a fairly smart bloke, I'm sure he'd be aware of the damage retweeting bullshit would do to his cause.

I avoid Twitter like the plague, but some of the links to it posted on here by the alty-reety lot, dear oh dear; Tommeh's bumchum Damo, David Vance, conservativewoman, GuidoFawkes et al.

All bastions of fair-mindedness and truth.

You paint the Tories as being pilloried for every miniscule act.

I see folk defending them to the hilt on almost every issue.

Anyhow, I've made a conscious effort to avoid anything political on here for months now and I'm not being drawn back in.

It's tiresome and I think it's far more revealing to give the soapbox entirely over to the 10-12 members of the 'Ooh! We're SO right-wing!' club and let them have a free-run Lemon party over the issues of the day...

What's that 'law' concerning internet discussions over time?