Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Free School Meals

Winchester White

Just now, Escobarp said:

That’s not a realistic solution unless you get a charity to do it and sadly it’s too big a task for any charity. 

who said it was acceptable? Please don’t put words in my mouth. 

I haven't put words in your mouth. I just said its not acceptable. Fuck me, you're paranoid.

Anyway, asking for a company to do a good deed without maximising profits. You say it's not realistic? Plenty of large companies have done 'charitable' things, especially since Covid kicked off.

14 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I haven't put words in your mouth. I just said its not acceptable. Fuck me, you're paranoid.

Anyway, asking for a company to do a good deed without maximising profits. You say it's not realistic? Plenty of large companies have done 'charitable' things, especially since Covid kicked off.

Not every company can a afford to be charitable sadly. Some businesses are struggling  

your solution remains unrealistic sadly  otherwise the big supermarkets would be stepping in and doing it  who better placed they have stock , manpower and delivery capability. Why aren’t they being charitable and doing so do you think? Tell me what you think and I will ask one tomorrow see if your idea gains traction? 

and paranoid? 🤣 nah buddy just nah 

16 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

I think its the hormones but looking at these food packages breaks my heart that this is what some children are having to eat. 

Nope it’s just grim mate .

i volunteer for a couple of local charities providing food support to poor families. You should see that state of some of the kids. Breaks my heart. Xmas eve I delivered 62 Xmas dinner packs to families in my local area. I bought 62 selection boxes and put one in with each box. All the families that charity support have  kids. It wasn’t much but it was something. 

just wish I could do more. 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

and paranoid? 🤣 nah buddy just nah 

So why accuse me of putting words in your mouth when it's blatantly obvious I wasn't?

Oh, and remember, just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean everyone's not out to get you 😉 

• Members
Just now, Escobarp said:

i volunteer for a couple of local charities providing food support to poor families. You should see that state of some of the kids. Breaks my heart. Xmas eve I delivered 62 Xmas dinner packs to families in my local area. I bought 62 selection boxes and put one in with each box. All the families that charity support have  kids. It wasn’t much but it was something. 

Oh don't. I look at my little girl and I'm so glad she never has to experience what some kids do. It's shit. It's 2021. No child should live in poverty. 

Just now, bolton_blondie said:

Oh don't. I look at my little girl and I'm so glad she never has to experience what some kids do. It's shit. It's 2021. No child should live in poverty. 

Doesn’t matter the year. Shouldn’t have happened when any of us were kids. But I get your point. 

we should and could all contribute more and hopefully one day or won’t be an issue that needs resolving. No matter what the situation is or why they are just kids at the end of the day. They can’t change it. So sad. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Its people like you who make a difference. I hold my hands up. I couldn't do it. I'd be an emotional wreck and want to take them all home and that's going to help noone. Old people I'm fine. Kids I am not 😢

2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

So why accuse me of putting words in your mouth when it's blatantly obvious I wasn't?

Oh, and remember, just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean everyone's not out to get you 😉 

Because I felt you were clearly. You’re not that thick I’m sure. 

And crack on attempting being funny. One day you will crack it pal. 

try investing your time doing summat about the problem you’re happy to berate others for on here? You might find it fulfilling. I know I did. Genuinely best thing I’ve ever done. Or continue to sit back and do nowt and criticize from the sidelines 

Just now, Escobarp said:

Because I felt you were clearly. You’re not that thick I’m sure. 

And crack on attempting being funny. One day you will crack it pal. 

try investing your time doing summat about the problem you’re happy to berate others for on here? You might find it fulfilling. I know I did. Genuinely best thing I’ve ever done. Or continue to sit back and do nowt and criticize from the sidelines 

Okay, calm down Oskar Schindler.

2 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Its people like you who make a difference. I hold my hands up. I couldn't do it. I'd be an emotional wreck and want to take them all home and that's going to help noone. Old people I'm fine. Kids I am not 😢

Not just kids. Old folk need looking after as well. People in refuges etc. there’s a lot of folk living really shit lives. We can all help in some way. Even the smallest gesture matters. 

• Members
Just now, Escobarp said:

Not just kids. Old folk need looking after as well. People in refuges etc. there’s a lot of folk living really shit lives. We can all help in some way. Even the smallest gesture matters. 

I meant older people I'm better with as I'm seeing it all the time. Trust me there have been times I've sobbed for someone but kids just hit me differently. 

1 minute ago, bolton_blondie said:

I meant older people I'm better with as I'm seeing it all the time. Trust me there have been times I've sobbed for someone but kids just hit me differently. 

No I meant you do your bit in other ways. We can’t fix the world. And we can’t fix the hungry kids issue. But the government could and should have better controls in place to stop that shambles being delivered. 

like I say supermarkets could do it but they won’t. They will donate for sure but the actual task of delivering it is massive. Hence why it’s outsourced and a corporate entity designed to make profit gets the contract 

Just now, Escobarp said:

Crack on like I say. Keep grafting on the humour. 

enjoy the sidelines buddy keep on criticising. Says more than I ever could about you. 

See, you're being paranoid again.

Who are these 'others' I'm criticising? My criticism has been solely aimed at businesses profiteering at the expense of hungry children,  yet you seem to be taking exception at that for some reason. 

I get that you do a lot of good and charitable work (you've told us enough times) and I heartily commend you for that.

... but maybe don't be so quick to judge others and what they might do to help out the needy,  when you have absolutely no idea. Just because they don't feel the need to repeatedly say what they do doesn't mean they do nothing. 

Just now, DazBob said:

See, you're being paranoid again.

Who are these 'others' I'm criticising? My criticism has been solely aimed at businesses profiteering at the expense of hungry children,  yet you seem to be taking exception at that for some reason. 

I get that you do a lot of good and charitable work (you've told us enough times) and I heartily commend you for that.

... but maybe don't be so quick to judge others and what they might do to help out the needy,  when you have absolutely no idea. Just because they don't feel the need to repeatedly say what they do doesn't mean they do nothing. 

Ive mentioned it on this thread. Because it’s pertinent to this topic 

anyway I work saturdays doing my CHARITABLE work if I didnt mention. But please let me know what your first away game will be when we are back in so I can make sure I’m there for you to make another joke about the Holocaust to me 👍🏼

Just now, Escobarp said:

Ive mentioned it on this thread. Because it’s pertinent to this topic 

anyway I work saturdays doing my CHARITABLE work if I didnt mention. But please let me know what your first away game will be when we are back in so I can make sure I’m there for you to make another joke about the Holocaust to me 👍🏼

Fuck me. You're being extra special tonight.

One of the most heartbreaking lines of the film is where Schindler says he wishes he could've done more. You said similar a few posts back. It's a light hearted joke at you, not a laugh at the Holocaust.  Fuck me.

Best to end this dialogue methinks as you're getting yourself all wound up over absolutely nothing.

Just now, DazBob said:

Fuck me. You're being extra special tonight.

One of the most heartbreaking lines of the film is where Schindler says he wishes he could've done more. You said similar a few posts back. It's a light hearted joke at you, not a laugh at the Holocaust.  Fuck me.

Best to end this dialogue methinks as you're getting yourself all wound up over absolutely nothing.

Just let me know like I said 👍🏼

Edited by Escobarp