Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bradford Home 27th Oct

desperado

Just now, Rizlar said:

Brockbank really making me eat my words impressed with him the last 2 games Sarevic looking more like the player I thought he was but shout out for Delaney another solid performance.

Yeah fair play to Brockbank he is playing well. We certainly missed him in the last 15 minutes.

A few people have called it already but Delaney again was brilliant. Santos has got a lot of the plaudits in the last few weeks, and rightly so because he looks a completely different player to the first few games, but for me Delaney has been consistently good for a while now.

To be fair to Baptiste as well, I give him shit when he deserves it (which has been every game so far) but he was good today.

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

We always look less secure without Tutte, excellent first half from him. Brockbank and Delaney both played well tonight.  Santos did ok too apart from one howler in the second half.  We do need someone to find their shooting boots though. Crawford should have had a couple but did play better. Maybe Miller can score a few.

It feels like we have a basic eleven we csn trust, and not very much beyond it. Hopefully that improves when Miller and Isgrove return to fitness.

A good win, albeit a poor second half. If Crawford buried his chances we'd probably have seen it out comfortably.

15 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Referee and assistants were giving fouls for nothing last ten minutes .

We were lucky in the second half. Dropped deep and stopped closing down . 

Credit to crellin for saving the pen . But he still came out flapping at the end and nearly gave a goal away. Needs to be much more commanding with crosses .

Evatt should of taken Crawford off for Comley. Shore to the midfield with the extra man.

Sarcevic MOTM for me. 

Delaney in last hour for me. But nobody was outstanding, whether they needed to be is another matter.

20 minutes ago, desperado said:

After the win, most positive thing with that game is all the players being criticised this season played well; Crellin, Baptiste, Sarcevic and Santos. Although MOTM for me was Delaney. Fair play to Evatt too, happy to play a different way from how he’d prefer to get a result. Could be a big turning point that 👏

Baptiste didnt look dodgy tonight, did what he needed to defensively, as all the defence did.  But Crellin played well?  That's stretching it.

1 minute ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I loved how our defence let Maskell know he wasn’t pulling his weight when Bradford went close 2nd half, that told me these lads want to win.

Spot on.   Think 3 of em went to bollock him.

Why did delfoneso cross when it must of been much easier to shoot when through on goal ! 

Crellin made 3 errors I can think of,  making it easy for any opposition forwards tactics from now on.   

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Morizio said:

A great win which we worked really hard for.

Will the wrist slashers make an appearance tonight and eat some humble pie?

Baptiste played his part as well

A few excursions into their box

And another good effort from Harry B

Crusty grundies will be quiet for one 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Baptiste didnt look dodgy tonight, did what he needed to defensively, as all the defence did.  But Crellin played well?  That's stretching it.

I know what you’re saying, I’m possibly stretching it. Maybe I’m getting carried away with the weekend controversy and the fact that his penalty save has won us 3 points today.

His errors and judgement at times were still questionable, but perhaps what I should have said is;

”Get in there Billy lad, great confidence boost for you there pal, great response from the weekend, you’ve won us 3 points!!” 

Hopefully this will be acknowledged, but yet, still room for improvement.

Crellin - 7 - Penalty save but also a couple of dodgy moments, missed the ball and got beat in the air by Donaldson when he should've caught it

Brockbank - 7 - worked hard, no mistakes, had some nice interplay in the attacking half too

Delaney - 8 - bailed Crellin out once, very solid defending, plenty of tackles and clearances

Santos - 7 - dodgy moment almost fucked us but otherwise solid

Baptiste - 7 - best performance since joining, passing better, got forwards a bit more and didn't look as shaky

Kioso - 7 - similar to brockbank, made a nuisance of himself going forward and was solid defensively and on second balls

Tutte - 7.5 - quietly goes about his job and makes play look far simpler than comley, gets involved with assured tackles

Sarcevic - 7.5 - linked up well with other midfielders and worked hard, unlucky not to score his lob, showing his true potential now

Crawford - 7 - should've been MOTM if he could've taken one of his chances

Delfouneso - 7.5 - took his chance and looked good again

Gnahoua - 7 - nothing too fancy but makes a good case for himself to start more, holds onto the ball well and can dribble