Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bradford Home 27th Oct

desperado

Only watched the last 30 minutes when we were under the cosh but Baptiste played his best football I have ever seen; well done man. Brockbank has definitely proved me wrong and is playing out his skin and it weakened us when they brought on Maskell who was shocking. 

Thought young Arthur was not coping but apparently he had a good first half.

Comley, although did give away a couple of free kicks again, had a much better game when he came on

We are much better than the first 4-5 games and can improve further. Onwards and upwards COYWM

43 minutes ago, gonzo said:

So it takes time for a collection of new players and new management to all gel together and start picking up points eh?

Who'd ave thought 

3 main factors for me.  The improvement of Sarcevic (still cant get my head round how bad he was early on).  The impact of Kioso.  Comley not starting.  Have we had positive scorelines with him on the pitch?  I cant think of one but happy to be corrected.  If he replaces Tutte on Saturday (Tutte struggles to play consecutive games?), I expect it to effect us.

He seems to spoil both our attacking and defending, by giving away too many free kicks.  That was a close game tonight as have all the games and if it had been the same line up in every home game, including more of Delaney early on, I think we would have got a few more points.

Was hoping for Kioso to be this good having seen him get raved about on Twitter when he signed. 

Back three excellent.

Tutte was decent, albeit knackered after an hour or so. 

Sarce and Delfouneso good. Thought the lad up top showed the occasional flash.

Crawford a bright spark too. Finishing aside obviously.

Doyle, White, Jones and Isgrove all to come back at some point. Still like to see more of Darcy too. We’ll piss it.

Enjoyed it tonight, if Barrow was the watershed moment that's been talked about, can certainly see it from Saturday's and tonight's performances. Miles better off the ball, more determination not to concede chances and goals, more purpose and positivity when we have the ball

Should have put game to bed first 15 mins second half, could have paid for it but made up we didn't. 

Loads of good performers tonight but Tutte and Delaney probably the pick of the bunch. Tutte, Sarcevic, Crawford machine really started to click into gear at times. Kioso a real asset. 

iFollow is rubbish, only any good 2nd half when resorting to ethernet cable direct to router

Starting to see now why Evatt got that “Barrowcelona” tag

The short stuff, pass and move, when it works is a joy. We break down trying to play any fancy long balls. Keep on working on the short stuff, with a better end product, and we’ll start to stick goals in. Might be an early call but for me the players are looking like they are getting used to his system. 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

First home win since 1st of Feb!  Basically 9 months.  Over a year since we won a night match! (Bristol Rovers).

Don't ask me when we last won a night match at home in the league.

Just shows how bad the recent history has been (there’s probably a whole load more of stats going back beyond the last decade) and how low a starting point Ian Evatt is having to pick up from. I’m not getting carried away yet, this journey is going to have lots of ups and downs yet, but let’s celebrate the successes when they come. This isn’t papering over the cracks, we can all see where they are, but there were a whole lot more positives tonight. Let’s look to build on these and move us up the table 

Edited by desperado

1 hour ago, blackleywhite said:

Do fuck off.

Was made to listen to radio Manchester during the ifollow debacle and they had half an hour on it.

Never heard so much shite talked.

He's 20 not 2.

It was just a joke FFS!

Edited by Blondi

• Members
52 minutes ago, Steejay said:

We've had 3 left backs who've gone for millions in the transfer market over the years - Alonso, Ream, Robinson - & none of them were as good as Simon Charlton.

Mr 8/10 every bloody game. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Kioso is great addition, I’m surprised he’s hit the ground running and it’s no coincidence we’ve got better since he signed. 

Agree, wasn't convinced at first but you can tell he's of a higher standard than league two so far

• Site Supporter

When it comes to Left Backs, I really liked Robbie Elliot. I vividly remember him scoring a goal a few yards in front of me from an impossibly tight angle. Fuck knows who it was against, and I don't think he was playing in defence at the time.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

When it comes to Left Backs, I really liked Robbie Elliot. I vividly remember him scoring a goal a few yards in front of me from an impossibly tight angle. Fuck knows who it was against, and I don't think he was playing in defence at the time.

I could be chatting shit here and getting eras mixed up, but without checking I remember getting really excited about a back line that could include Elliot, Cox and Bergsson and other potential defenders around that era, but it never quite worked/gelled. I know Elliot got a bad injury and Cox never quite lived up to his potential. 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, desperado said:

I could be chatting shit here and getting eras mixed up, but without checking I remember getting really excited about a back line that could include Elliot, Cox and Bergsson and other potential defenders around that era, but it never quite worked/gelled. I know Elliot got a bad injury and Cox never quite lived up to his potential. 

I'm chatting shit too. I think it was Cox who scored that goal I talked about, not Elliot. I remember seeing it vividly, but don't remember any of the details.

Edited by Cheese

Cox seems to split opinion massively with our fanbase. Was my favourite player after Tommo and Blakey left, and seem to remember him being really good. I was however 10 years old when he left.

I’ve read some saying he’s up there with our best right backs in recent times, yet I’m sure I’ve seen him take a few slaggings online so perhaps he wasn’t great. 

Elliott I think was steady, though injury prone and overall didn’t live up to the hype. I don’t recall being too disappointed when he went back to Newcastle. I was however surprised they wanted him.