Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Bradford Home 27th Oct


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't 😂

Fuck em Im absolutely buzzing tonight  one of the best bits was when Kioso got megged and then sprang so fast to get back and challenge/block the cross. Absolutely superb hunger that to prot

  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Kioso is great addition, I’m surprised he’s hit the ground running and it’s no coincidence we’ve got better since he signed. 

Agree, wasn't convinced at first but you can tell he's of a higher standard than league two so far

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

When it comes to Left Backs, I really liked Robbie Elliot. I vividly remember him scoring a goal a few yards in front of me from an impossibly tight angle. Fuck knows who it was against, and I don't think he was playing in defence at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

When it comes to Left Backs, I really liked Robbie Elliot. I vividly remember him scoring a goal a few yards in front of me from an impossibly tight angle. Fuck knows who it was against, and I don't think he was playing in defence at the time.

I could be chatting shit here and getting eras mixed up, but without checking I remember getting really excited about a back line that could include Elliot, Cox and Bergsson and other potential defenders around that era, but it never quite worked/gelled. I know Elliot got a bad injury and Cox never quite lived up to his potential. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, desperado said:

I could be chatting shit here and getting eras mixed up, but without checking I remember getting really excited about a back line that could include Elliot, Cox and Bergsson and other potential defenders around that era, but it never quite worked/gelled. I know Elliot got a bad injury and Cox never quite lived up to his potential. 

I'm chatting shit too. I think it was Cox who scored that goal I talked about, not Elliot. I remember seeing it vividly, but don't remember any of the details.

Edited by Cheese
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cox seems to split opinion massively with our fanbase. Was my favourite player after Tommo and Blakey left, and seem to remember him being really good. I was however 10 years old when he left.

I’ve read some saying he’s up there with our best right backs in recent times, yet I’m sure I’ve seen him take a few slaggings online so perhaps he wasn’t great. 

Elliott I think was steady, though injury prone and overall didn’t live up to the hype. I don’t recall being too disappointed when he went back to Newcastle. I was however surprised they wanted him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cheese said:

When it comes to Left Backs, I really liked Robbie Elliot. I vividly remember him scoring a goal a few yards in front of me from an impossibly tight angle. Fuck knows who it was against, and I don't think he was playing in defence at the time.

He scored a similar one in the 3-1 win against Villa in the 1997/98 season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Cox seems to split opinion massively with our fanbase. Was my favourite player after Tommo and Blakey left, and seem to remember him being really good. I was however 10 years old when he left.

I’ve read some saying he’s up there with our best right backs in recent times, yet I’m sure I’ve seen him take a few slaggings online so perhaps he wasn’t great. 

Elliott I think was steady, though injury prone and overall didn’t live up to the hype. I don’t recall being too disappointed when he went back to Newcastle. I was however surprised they wanted him. 

Iirc he really liked it here and was keen to stay but only one club could turn his head and sadly it was Newcastle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tomski said:

Iirc he really liked it here and was keen to stay but only one club could turn his head and sadly it was Newcastle.

Unfortunately the broken leg really disaffected Elliot mentally. Not sure he was ever the player that he had the potential to be after that. I remember a mate of mine in the game telling me he had a lot of counselling / psychology sessions after it to try and help.

He defo played LB and Midfield for us like you say, but he never chalked up that regular appearances for anyone after the injury.

Signing him was massive at the time for us - a real signal we were in the big time. Yet more bad fortune for BWFC 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Elliott & cox big money at the time for us 

charlton cost naff all kept fit and put a good shift in, in terms of value he’s one of best the clubs made 

He’d always be the one staying back for corners, if we got hit on the counter I’d be so confident that he would do alright on his own 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Elliott & cox big money at the time for us 

charlton cost naff all kept fit and put a good shift in, in terms of value he’s one of best the clubs made 

Aye, him and Barness were great value for money and gave decent returns

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Cheese said:

I'm chatting shit too. I think it was Cox who scored that goal I talked about, not Elliot. I remember seeing it vividly, but don't remember any of the details.

Having slept on it, I'm pretty sure it was Elliot after all. My memory is fucked. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.