Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barbers flicking burning sticks towards your ears.

Cheese

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Rudy said:

What?

That's exactly what I thought. It was a stick with a ball on the end. He set fire to the ball, then flicked it at my ears, and the flame burned away my ear hairs. It was very odd. But it worked. The barber was a foreign lad.

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

I didn't ask for it, he just did it. I could hear my ear hairs being singed, so it obviously works. It was painfully hot for a split second. When did this come in?

Every since we relaxed border controls and foreigners sneaked through. Another reason Brexit is needed. We need to take back control of our hair styles. If the EU had their way we would all be wearing rags on our head. 
It is common practice in Turkish barbers. 

6 hours ago, Cheese said:

That's exactly what I thought. It was a stick with a ball on the end. He set fire to the ball, then flicked it at my ears, and the flame burned away my ear hairs. It was very odd. But it worked. The barber was a foreign lad.

Then, in a couple of months, your ear hair grows back a little bit thicker. Not that you notice at first but after 4 or 5 of these treatments your ears start to look like an Ewoks.

Edited by Underpants

• Members
6 hours ago, Cheese said:

I’ve never heard of this. We have a barbers at work and theres an American lad who has some different techniques.

One of them is to apply this black peel off stuff to your cheeks, he'll then line up your beard then he peels it away and I guess that removes small hairs to leave your beard looking more defined.

Not had it myself but a lot of the lads swear by it. Buncha queers 

• Site Supporter

I went to one of those Turkish barbers on Tonge Moor Rd ,he asked me if I wanted my nose hair removing,I said yes and looking in the mirror saw a couple of teenage lads sniggering, he fucked off to this contraption and came back with what looked like a big cotton wool bud loaded with hot wax stuck it up my Hooters pressed it all in and fucked off again, then he came back and fucking ripped it out off my snot box I tried not to yelp my eyes watered like a tap and I waited for him to do the other nostril with these two kids pissing themselves. Never again. 

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

I went to one of those Turkish barbers on Tonge Moor Rd ,he asked me if I wanted my nose hair removing,I said yes and looking in the mirror saw a couple of teenage lads sniggering, he fucked off to this contraption and came back with what looked like a big cotton wool bud loaded with hot wax stuck it up my Hooters pressed it all in and fucked off again, then he came back and fucking ripped it out off my snot box I tried not to yelp my eyes watered like a tap and I waited for him to do the other nostril with these two kids pissing themselves. Never again. 

Funny as fuck! I’m actually laughing; internally, not out loud.

Did you never think, knose hairs are actually a filter to stop airborne stuff entering my lungs, I’d better keep them intact.’

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Funny as fuck! I’m actually laughing; internally, not out loud.

Did you never think, knose hairs are actually a filter to stop airborne stuff entering my lungs, I’d better keep them intact.’

Yes mate I did think that,you should have seen this thing when he'd ripped it out a big black blob,as I knew what to expect for the second nostril sweat was running down my back, think the kids sat behind just stayed there for the entertainment when a daft old twat like me came in.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Yes mate I did think that,you should have seen this thing when he'd ripped it out a big black blob,as I knew what to expect for the second nostril sweat was running down my back, think the kids sat behind just stayed there for the entertainment when a daft old twat like me came in.

That’s made my eyes water. Fuck that 

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

I had a shave last time (only time) I went to Turkey. Fortunately they used flaming cotton-buds up nose as well as in ears. Even now, when I get the occasional long nose hair wife notices before I do and attacks with a pair of tweezers. One hair is eye-wateringly excruciating pain. A full nostril? Twice! Not a chance in hell!

2 hours ago, Good Knee said:

That’s just made me proper laugh. Thank you. 🤣🤣

I assume this is the sort of thing Rudy and Good Knee are referring to. Think I’ll pass on that.

the lads in the background are thoroughly enjoying it. Much like the kids watching GK sound like they were.

Edited by boogs

3 hours ago, Good Knee said:

Haha

Ebo's I'm guessing?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

The Turks opposite Aldi do it, its like bubble gum on lolly sticks what they use.  It didnt hurt much, but the shit that came out my bugle was embarrassing, it was like unblocking a drain.  But like Mickey says, them hairs are there for a reason.

If it didn't hurt you're an hard fucker .

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, boogs said:

I assume this is the sort of thing Rudy and Good Knee are referring to. Think I’ll pass on that.

the lads in the background are thoroughly enjoying it. Much like the kids watching GK sound like they were.

Haha that's just how it was never again. 

35 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

The Turks opposite Aldi do it, its like bubble gum on lolly sticks what they use.  It didnt hurt much, but the shit that came out my bugle was embarrassing, it was like unblocking a drain.  But like Mickey says, them hairs are there for a reason.

It’s wax