Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leyton Orient (A)

Rudy

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Sadly that's probably true. And I feel for the lad. Just not ready at this level yet - and we could completely shatter his career if we're not careful!

If he's playing above the sixth tier in 5 years I'll show my arse on the town hall. 

Don't give me the Jussi looked shite bollocks

He's shit, simple as

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Yes we can in theory.  But we cant move a player out, he cant justify financially wanting to have 4 keepers (as well as 3 left backs, half a dozen centre backs etc).

Course he can, if Crellin stays in net we may as well prepare for a relegation fight. I feel sorry for the defence knowing he’s behind them. A good keeper would be absolutely invaluable right now and see us much higher up the table. 

2 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

I remember us being 3-0 up at Watford once and losing 

have faith 

*clutchesstraws

0-3 down at home to Notts County and drawing 3-3 in 89. 

I can't add anything that's not been said by others about how shit this is. So might as well reminisce about days gone by.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, famouswanderer said:

If he's playing above the sixth tier in 5 years I'll show my arse on the town hall. 

Don't give me the Jussi looked shite bollocks

He's shit, simple as

All the Jussi was shit when he first came is bollocks. His first few games he commanded every blade of grass inside his 18 yard box. He then had that command coached out of him by Fred Barber and he then only commanded the 6-yard box. 

We were the worse side that half no doubt but 3-0 is flattering for them.

Two good FKs to be fair to them.

First freekick was right in the top corner but Crellin's dive was so low, he didn't get near it.

Second one was in the corner but was so far out that Crellin should be getting there.

Just as I thought we were making some progress we've gone backwards again.

• Members
1 minute ago, famouswanderer said:

Aye that was embarassing, he was fucking dog shit apart from the penalty save.

He just is fucking shit. He's not even stood in the right position for both those free kicks.

The first free kick I'm convinced the wall should be the other side.

We simply have to go out and get an out of contract keeper. That or Gilks will have to step up.

If it’s a central FK that close the wall has to Jump, the keeper has to be slightly to one side of the middle. He basically put it that  that side I wont get it

Tit

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mantra said:

We were the worse side that half no doubt but 3-0 is flattering for them.

Two good FKs to be fair to them.

First freekick was right in the top corner but Crellin's dive was so low, he didn't get near it.

Second one was in the corner but was so far out that Crellin should be getting there.

Just as I thought we were making some progress we've gone backwards again.

IFollow just put the match stats up. We’re actually winning them!

8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Yes we can in theory.  But we cant move a player out, he cant justify financially wanting to have 4 keepers (as well as 3 left backs, half a dozen centre backs etc).

Being honest though Alexander isn't ready either and Gilks is retired but there for emergency injury cover.

So bringing in a senior keeper would have made perfect sense

9 minutes ago, CumbrianWhite said:

You can see why Crawford hasn’t made it higher up the football pyramid, the ability is there but he repeatedly just goes missing. Absolutely gutless. Him Baptiste and Crellin all need dropping ASAP. 

That's the world of difference between Crawford, Crellin and Baptiste, 1 might need dropping but the other 2 are a mystery as to how they ever got in the team.

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

All the Jussi was shit when he first came is bollocks. His first few games he commanded every blade of grass inside his 18 yard box. He then had that command coached out of him by Fred Barber and he then only commanded the 6-yard box. 

I saw his debut for the reserves. He let two through his legs in the first 10 minutes. We never thought we’d see him again.  

Took him a long while to establish himself as number one as well to be fair. Was able to learn his craft away from the spotlight a little bit.