Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leyton Orient (A)

Rudy

1 minute ago, desperado said:

Woah.. hang on...after a couple of decent, rational posts, you've now posted some nonsense. He’s not under immediate pressure, but if he loses with Crellin playing on Tuesday, his position is untenable???

I would say so, yes - can you imagine the fallout if we lose to a team that hasnt won yet, at home, with today's defensive line up?  It would be very difficult to say we've got a manager that learns from his mistakes.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

I would say so, yes - can you imagine the fallout if we lose to a team that hasnt won yet, at home, with today's defensive line up?  It would be very difficult to say we've got a manager that learns from his mistakes.

So he’s very much under immediate pressure in your eyes then.

• Site Supporter

I’ve no idea what our training team are doing but assuming Gilks is coaching Crellin during coaching time, I’d be working him like a dog once the players have gone home to try and ready him ‘Just in case’.

i reckon Crellin needs time out - even if it’s only the cup tie next week

14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its not so much about having poor players, its about making the most of what players he's got.  That's where he's falling short at the moment.  He signed some poor players (and some good ones) and some of the poor players replaced some of the better players, although he's started to realise his mistakes in some cases.  Despite today, I do think he's getting there slowly, but that's not going to happen until he sorts out the defensive/keeper issues.

He’s also lost politic, Jones, Doyle, Delf, isgrove and Miller, you have to take that into account.

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’ve no idea what our training team are doing but assuming Gilks is coaching Crellin during coaching time, I’d be working him like a dog once the players have gone home to try and ready him ‘Just in case’.

i reckon Crellin needs time out - even if it’s only the cup tie next week

Crellin has to be removed from the team, failure to do so will be dereliction of duty. 

33 minutes ago, Rudy said:

You know many geography teachers who have got a team promoted from the national league to the FL? 

The football he’s coached is there to seen, he has some poor players but you can’t polish a turd especially not in that space of time 

My PE teacher Steve Walsh (also did a turn in the Geography department) went on to be a scout for Chelsea, Newcastle before moving to Leicester where he was head of recruitment bringing in Mahrez, Vardy, Kante etc on their way from League 1 to winning the league 

• Members
Just now, birch-chorley said:

My PE teacher Steve Walsh (also did a turn in the Geography department) went on to be a scout for Chelsea, Newcastle before moving to Leicester where he was head of recruitment bringing in Mahrez, Vardy, Kante etc on their way from League 1 to winning the league 

Fuck off birch 😂

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Deservedly

Maybe, maybe not. My point wasn’t actually about whether he is/isn’t under pressure, (deservedly or not) more to do with @Johnnyrotten contradicting himself in the same sentence, saying he’s not under immediate pressure, then saying he could deservedly be out of a job Wednesday morning! If that’s not pressure I don’t know what is 😂

FWIW I think most of the pressure IE will be under, will be from himself, he doesn’t strike me as a man who handles losing too well.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

Didn’t he go to Everton after Leicester? Not the footballer Steve Walsh, big community man

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Didn’t he go to Everton after Leicester? Not the footballer Steve Walsh, big community man

Not the footballer, here he is...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Walsh_(scout)

First time I saw him after leaving school he was on the pitch at Wembley with Mourinho after the FA Cup final 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Richard Dinnis, PE teacher (and sorry History not Geography 😊) at Canon Slade I believe didn’t do too badly at Newcastle. And wasn’t Roy Hodgson a PE teacher too. We’re not that bad you know 😉 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Not the footballer, here he is...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Walsh_(scout)

First time I saw him after leaving school he was on the pitch at Wembley with Mourinho after the FA Cup final 

Went to c2c in London a couple of years back, a woman on our table worked with him a lot doing a lot of community work at Leicester. Telling us he was a cracking fella and did loads of unpaid work in the community. Good on him 

9 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Went to c2c in London a couple of years back, a woman on our table worked with him a lot doing a lot of community work at Leicester. Telling us he was a cracking fella and did loads of unpaid work in the community. Good on him 

C2C! Get me back there 

11 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He’s also lost politic, Jones, Doyle, Delf, isgrove and Miller, you have to take that into account.

Definitely.  Although presumably the Jones/Isgrove injuries are what prompted the signing of Kioso, which has turned into a positive, and he's also got his signing Hickman that he's choosing not to use.  So numbers wise he's still got enough cover, apart from up front and I've got every sympathy with the striker situation, its unlucky and we need 1 of them back on Tuesday.

12 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Give him til Salford for me

you need to get used to the obvious. we are not getting promoted this season no matter who is in charge. Even expecting so is frankly an insult to the teams who have been in this division fir years. Get real. Accrington,  Fleetwood, Pissin Rochdale even Newport & Cambridge and others in this division are years ahead of us and we arent closing the gap in one season. Being BWFC doesn't cut it on its own

3 minutes ago, snowball said:

you need to get used to the obvious. we are not getting promoted this season no matter who is in charge. Even expecting so is frankly an insult to the teams who have been in this division fir years. Get real. Accrington,  Fleetwood, Pissin Rochdale even Newport & Cambridge and others in this division are years ahead of us and we arent closing the gap in one season. Being BWFC doesn't cut it on its own

Impossible to get anything against Accrington, Fleetwood and Rochdale with them all playing in a higher division.

11 hours ago, desperado said:

Maybe, maybe not. My point wasn’t actually about whether he is/isn’t under pressure, (deservedly or not) more to do with @Johnnyrotten contradicting himself in the same sentence, saying he’s not under immediate pressure, then saying he could deservedly be out of a job Wednesday morning! If that’s not pressure I don’t know what is 😂

FWIW I think most of the pressure IE will be under, will be from himself, he doesn’t strike me as a man who handles losing too well.

I'm unsure how you got to that conclusion Desperado.  I said I agreed he wasn't under immediate pressure post-Barrow.  Since then we've lost 4-0 and slipped to 19th and we're in the middle of Crellin-gate.  So not under pressure before, under pressure now (in my opinion).  Where's the contradiction?  I will say my use of the word "untenable" was a bit extreme, in the cold light of day I'd just say questions will be asked if Crellin plays on Tuesday and we lose.  Hopefully that's not the case.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm unsure how you got to that conclusion Desperado.  I said I agreed he wasn't under immediate pressure post-Barrow.  Since then we've lost 4-0 and slipped to 19th and we're in the middle of Crellin-gate.  So not under pressure before, under pressure now (in my opinion).  Where's the contradiction?  I will say my use of the word "untenable" was a bit extreme, in the cold light of day I'd just say questions will be asked if Crellin plays on Tuesday and we lose.  Hopefully that's not the case.

We must have a different interpretation on what immediate pressure, in relation to his job tenure, is then. If he wasn’t under immediate pressure after Barrow, 2 positive results after that game,  if anything should have relieved the pressure. 

I think we can both agree that a 4-0 defeat has ramped the pressure up in terms of expectation as to what happens next and what his plan is for player selection/tactics and consequently the result on Tuesday.

But if you’re conceding that this wasn’t in relation to his job being untenable with a defeat on Tuesday, then I think we’re aligned again 😊

1 hour ago, snowball said:

Fine

however lets not be told how attacking/exciting football we’re going to see, lots of talk this fella

and in turn folk won’t buy into it again next year if we finish mid/bottom half