Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gaming PC

Winchester White

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Nowack said:

I use Scan computers, who are coincidentaly a Bolton firm, for my work graphics computer and they are very good. 

Used to be based in Little Lever and their kids went to Bolton School. 

Built my first PC from there. 

1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

The lad wants a PC for Christmas to play roblox rather than his iPad.

So I am thinking an entry level gaming PC. However prices vary massively and I don't want to pay over £500 including monitor.

Anyone have any recommendations or ideas? Ta.

SCAN are good. But you REALLY don't need a gaming PC to play Roblox!

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Aren’t next gen consoles just as powerful if not more than gaming PC’s?

No.

2 hours ago, Winchester White said:

So I am thinking an entry level gaming PC. However prices vary massively and I don't want to pay over £500 including monitor.

I've just ordered my lads 2 from a company on Bury Rd.

I can order all the parts and easily build them myself but for the price they charge its honestly not worth my time.  They use second hand parts to keep the price down but pc parts last forever anyway and they put a 12 month warranty on it anyway. 

Their Ryzen builds reallly are decent value for money.  I'll find their Facebook page

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Contact steve at pcfix shop

01204 883136

• Members
18 hours ago, barryk32 said:

No.

I've just ordered my lads 2 from a company on Bury Rd.

I can order all the parts and easily build them myself but for the price they charge its honestly not worth my time.  They use second hand parts to keep the price down but pc parts last forever anyway and they put a 12 month warranty on it anyway. 

Their Ryzen builds reallly are decent value for money.  I'll find their Facebook page

How much you paying for a PC equivalent to PS5 specs?

On 30/10/2020 at 15:26, Winchester White said:

Would also recommend Scan, I bought a pre-build from there and it's been great. As has been said Roblox isn't the most demanding game so if you contact them I'm sure they could advise you and put a good package together.

On 31/10/2020 at 12:05, Rudy said:

How much you paying for a PC equivalent to PS5 specs?

A PC equivalent will be more expensive as Sony will prioritise making their console the best value for money.

The difference with a PC is you can then upgrade that same PC over time rather than having to buy a new console. 

It depends what games you play. If you're just playing FIFA and GTA then a console will be perfect.

Demanding games like Call Of Duty and other shooters are still miles behind on console because on a PC you can choose to play at higher frame rates and you can use a Mouse and Keyboard for more versatility. If the PS5 supports 120fps rather than the standard 60fps then it will be a real steal for the more serious gamers.

Sony's Playstations are a bit like Apple's iPhones, they'll be easy to use and set up and do what most people need but if you want a truer gaming experience the PC wins hands down but comes at a cost and more steps.

• Site Supporter
On 30/10/2020 at 15:26, Winchester White said:

im in exact same boat. in years gone buy i would just build something. but been out the game for years, so will end up just buying a prebuilt, or using a builder type company.

ryzen 3100, gtx1660, 16gb ram, ssd is where you need to be for this kind of budget it seems.

2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

There's 16-year-olds making millions from gaming. Start em young and they'll learn faster 😉

Fuck that, I couldn't cope with the screaming.

Apparently he 'packed Salah' on FIFA last night and I reckon you'd have been able to hear him screaming and shouting about it 2 streets away.

Every time I out the telly on downstairs it's on YouTube showing videos of other people playing fifa, fortnight etc. It's bonkers.

• Members
1 hour ago, Mantra said:

A PC equivalent will be more expensive as Sony will prioritise making their console the best value for money.

The difference with a PC is you can then upgrade that same PC over time rather than having to buy a new console. 

It depends what games you play. If you're just playing FIFA and GTA then a console will be perfect.

Demanding games like Call Of Duty and other shooters are still miles behind on console because on a PC you can choose to play at higher frame rates and you can use a Mouse and Keyboard for more versatility. If the PS5 supports 120fps rather than the standard 60fps then it will be a real steal for the more serious gamers.

Sony's Playstations are a bit like Apple's iPhones, they'll be easy to use and set up and do what most people need but if you want a truer gaming experience the PC wins hands down but comes at a cost and more steps.

Minesweeper must go like the clappers 

What impact does broadband have? He complains Virgin super fast is shit in his room, and I'm sick of him screaming at the TV.

I'm moving to Vodafone as its a shit load cheaper and the free apple TV will double as an Xmas present. 

He's after a gaming pc for fortnight, but it's there any point if its akin to playing off dial up? 

11 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

What impact does broadband have? He complains Virgin super fast is shit in his room, and I'm sick of him screaming at the TV.

I'm moving to Vodafone as its a shit load cheaper and the free apple TV will double as an Xmas present. 

He's after a gaming pc for fortnight, but it's there any point if its akin to playing off dial up? 

How far away from the router is he? Might be worth you getting a booster/extender. Only about £16 off Amazon.