Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

The Goalkeeper Situation


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus fucking wept. There isn't a single negative to take from Gilks' performance last night. We played for 90 minutes without a glaring goalkeeping error, something I can't remember happening so

Crellins heads gone, yes he's a professional player but beleive me the harder he'll try the worse it'll get for him at the moment, he'll be in the club houses after games embarrassed and ashamed I can

according to a mutual friend, BC doesnt think he'll play for us again... could well be bollocks 

  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Just put the feelers out for an out of contact keeper. 

So, out of form, lacking I'm confidence Crellin, now knows we are looking for his replacement, who will probably need a month to get fit.

This is going to be fun....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

So, out of form, lacking I'm confidence Crellin, now knows we are looking for his replacement, who will probably need a month to get fit.

This is going to be fun....

I don't think "putting the feelers out" means announcing something in all the papers.  I'm sure a football club like Bolton and their staff will know how and where to look. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ratwhite said:

So, out of form, lacking I'm confidence Crellin, now knows we are looking for his replacement, who will probably need a month to get fit.

This is going to be fun....

Stick him on the bleep test 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that Evatt has backed himself into a corner over Crellin because he can’t replace him with Alexander the way he’s ignored him so far and he can’t realistically trust Gilks to be properly ready. It wouldn’t surprise me for him to retain Crellin on Friday but with his own credibility now firmly on the line, any more mistakes could be fatal for both.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

As young kids go Alexander deemed to cope better with the step up last season than Crellin has done this season 

If not Gilkes 

Or an out of contract professional Goalkeeper 

Crellin should be sent back to Fleetwood immediately 

Dear Mr Barton,

We recently got this keeper from EBAY. On opening the package it wasn’t immediately obvious that it wasn’t fit for purpose. In relatively few uses, it has become more and more obvious that you’ve sent something that:

A - Isn’t as described.

B - Isn’t fit for purpose.

This goes against EBAY rules and we would like you to send a return label.

I understand that I may need to pay for the return and accept this.

Failure to respond to this will result in me escalating the issue via PayPal.

yours,

Ian Evatt

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Dear Mr Barton,

We recently got this keeper from EBAY. On opening the package it wasn’t immediately obvious that it wasn’t fit for purpose. In relatively few uses, it has become more and more obvious that you’ve sent something that:

A - Isn’t as described.

B - Isn’t fit for purpose.

This goes against EBAY rules and we would like you to send a return label.

I understand that I may need to pay for the return and accept this.

Failure to respond to this will result in me escalating the issue via PayPal.

yours,

Ian Evatt

I'm thinking more along the lines of...

 

Dear Joey,

That keeper you loaned us is fucking shite- we're sending him back.

Cheers,

Ian Evatt

p.s- you scouse cunt

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fellas/Gals, I know it’s just banter but I’d appreciate it if u showed a bit of restraint n respect when discussing BC, he may /may not not be good enough for L2 but he’s our player and calling him billy c**tt** or calamity is out of order. He’s a young lad just making his way, please remember that, thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Fellas/Gals, I know it’s just banter but I’d appreciate it if u showed a bit of restraint n respect when discussing BC, he may /may not not be good enough for L2 but he’s our player and calling him billy c**tt** or calamity is out of order. He’s a young lad just making his way, please remember that, thanks

Agreed with that.  He's a young lad who isn't good enough, unfortunately.  Nothing wrong with pointing this out IMO, but grown men calling him names is a bit embarrassing really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2020 at 11:04, birch-chorley said:

As young kids go Alexander deemed to cope better with the step up last season than Crellin has done this season 

If not Gilkes 

Or an out of contract professional Goalkeeper 

Crellin should be sent back to Fleetwood immediately 

3rd option for me and agree Crellin should not play for us again

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Fellas/Gals, I know it’s just banter but I’d appreciate it if u showed a bit of restraint n respect when discussing BC, he may /may not not be good enough for L2 but he’s our player and calling him billy c**tt** or calamity is out of order. He’s a young lad just making his way, please remember that, thanks

Does Billy Crellin post on here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
4 hours ago, DazBob said:

Shouldn't matter.

He isn’t the first pro-player to suffer the wrath of Wanderersways posters and it’s likely he won’t be the last. Many of us know of lads who didn’t make the grade despite (in our opinion) them being good players. In Crellin, (again a matter of opinion) we have a player who has made the grade and we actually wonder why or how. Most lads on here who have played at a decent amateur level, or even for a pub in a local league claim to have played in front of keepers with better positional sense, better shot-stopping ability and better distribution than the lad who has been chosen to represent our club; a club that deserves much better. 
Fans have been critical of players for as long as I can remember. The only thing that’s changed since the 7s is where it’s said. This isn’t trying to condone the name calling, popadom hands, etc., but I think we’re kidding ourselves if criticism of a player isn’t allowed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Fellas/Gals, I know it’s just banter but I’d appreciate it if u showed a bit of restraint n respect when discussing BC, he may /may not not be good enough for L2 but he’s our player and calling him billy c**tt** or calamity is out of order. He’s a young lad just making his way, please remember that, thanks

He isn't our player though which makes the situation even more bizarre

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DazBob said:

Agreed with that.  He's a young lad who isn't good enough, unfortunately.  Nothing wrong with pointing this out IMO, but grown men calling him names is a bit embarrassing really.

Is it fuck, it's all part and parcel of Football and if that cunt Billy Casper plays and drops another clanger, he will be getting full grown up pelters from me with big brass bells on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Is it fuck, it's all part and parcel of Football and if that cunt Billy Casper plays and drops another clanger, he will be getting full grown up pelters from me with big brass bells on.

If he plays and drops another clanger it’s evatt who should get pelters

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.