Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

• Members

The eve of the maddest show in the world

Two senior citizens battling it out to become the most powerful person in the world

The most decisive election in years, which no matter the outcome, the whole country is anticipating civil unrest.

Yes folks the loonies are well and truly out of the Asylum

Forget the polls, forget what you think will happen one thing for sure is it’s always unpredictable and I cannot wait 

Buckle up Dorothy

USA 🇺🇸  USA 🇺🇸 USA 🇺🇸 USA 🇺🇸 USA 

• Members
Just now, kent_white said:

Going to be very interesting. And I'm curious about what might happen if the result goes against Trump. 

Could get very messy indeed!

Some of those loons were dangerous enough without The Don coming along. Remember Oklahoma?

Mad house.

• Members
2 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

It will be Dementia Joe. You can count on it. Covid 19 has done for Trump. Without it he'd have romped in.

I think Covid will make it closer but it’s America, land of the nut home of the bizarre 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I think Covid will make it closer but it’s America, land of the nut home of the bizarre 

Without Covid, they'd have been voting through their hip pocket nerve. This Trump positive has been negated by the virus.

You are right though. The polls were hopelessly wrong last time - maybe again? I seriously doubt it though.

I've never been to America so can't comment but I'm sure lots of you lot have.

I would only want to see the real America, not the tourist America or the sightseeing film type America.

Whats is really like, i used to think most of it would be quite normal but what is normal?.

Be honest what would life be like for the regular Joe in small town USA day to day?, One of you will know.

2 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

I've never been to America so can't comment but I'm sure lots of you lot have.

I would only want to see the real America, not the tourist America or the sightseeing film type America.

Whats is really like, i used to think most of it would be quite normal but what is normal?.

Be honest what would life be like for the regular Joe in small town USA day to day?, One of you will know.

Been to Florida, New York, City and upstate, LA and San Francisco.

Don’t know if they count, but love it

I can see Trumpton getting in again  -  I thought we had it pretty bad last time, with a choice of Corbyn or Johnson......those poor fuckers have it even worse, imagine having to choose either Trump or Biden.

Trump will win by the slightest of margins I reckon. If he does lose, he won't go graciously and quietly, he'll claim it's a fix and lock himself in the Whitehouse and refuse to come out

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I can see Trumpton getting in again  -  I thought we had it pretty bad last time, with a choice of Corbyn or Johnson......those poor fuckers have it even worse, imagine having to choose either Trump or Biden.

Trump will win by the slightest of margins I reckon. If he does lose, he won't go graciously and quietly, he'll claim it's a fix and lock himself in the Whitehouse and refuse to come out

I can see that, chained to his chair with just his make america great again cap on and his willy out

He was saying last night that he's ready to get the lawyers in "on the night". The voter suppression they're currently attempting would make the leader of a banana republic blush.

I don't know if anyone's seen it, but The Trump Show, on BBC iPlayer is a good watch. It looks over his last four years as President.

14 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He was saying last night that he's ready to get the lawyers in "on the night". The voter suppression they're currently attempting would make the leader of a banana republic blush.

It's all a bit odd that he's trying to get excuses in, before the event. He was warbling on about postal voting being fixed. If he win's he'll not mention it again, if he loses, he'll jump back on it.

It was like our Brexit vote, when you had utter loons from the leave side, prior to the actual vote, suggesting that they were putting pencils in the booths so they could rub out peoples votes and fix it so that we remained

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

It's all a bit odd that he's trying to get excuses in, before the event. He was warbling on about postal voting being fixed. If he win's he'll not mention it again, if he loses, he'll jump back on it.

It was like our Brexit vote, when you had utter loons from the leave side, prior to the actual vote, suggesting that they were putting pencils in the booths so they could rub out peoples votes and fix it so that we remained

Worse than the loons camping outside the HoC for years after the vote happened? Loons trying to overthrow democracy? Surely not 😀

I heard that the results may not be as quick as they have been in recent years due to Covid.

I watched both the recent debates, the first one was a total mess as they both talked over each other. Trump probably more so and it was constant "I have to respond to that", as they mudslinged at each other over who had taken Russian money and who was Putin/Kim's puppet. Very farcical. The second debate was much better moderation and I think they muted the other while one was speaking but still the debates are just them both making unsubstantiated claims which are hard to verify, especially for someone not from the US.

I was surprised by Biden after seeing plenty of viral clips of him speaking in half sentences and not seeming coherent at all and I thought Trump's oratory would have him in knots but I thought Biden actually handled it quite well.

Slightly scary that there's accusations of foreign tampering in the elections and what the underlying reasons for that could be. I feel that Biden will win marginally due to Covid and perhaps some apathetic voters from 4 years ago taking it more seriously and the new youth who have got the vote will probably be behind him rather than Trump but I'm just speculating I know f-all about politics.