Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

• Site Supporter

Biden won't get it all right, no-one ever does. But, it's already a breath of fresh air to have someone composed, presidential and diplomatic taking the stand.

Chances are, we'll pay barely half the attention to his presidency than we have to Trump's because he'll just get things done in a measured, assured and forward-thinking way.

Basically, he won't be a horrid, belligerent gobshite. 

34 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d think it’ll be easier for the US to do a trade deal with the U.K. than the EU. 

Probably could on paper 

But the EU one is the much bigger prize so will take priority for Biden, that’s understandable 

If we did a deal with the US tomorrow then they would have a say in our talks with the EU to stop us being a back door from the EU to them, they could literally veto a deal between U.K:EU (we either accept their veto or drop the US trade deal to strike a deal with the EU) 

We are by far the smallest market out of the 3 (EU, US & U.K.), so are likely to have to fit align to their agreement (as we have just done with the Japan deal) 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Biden won't get it all right, no-one ever does. But, it's already a breath of fresh air to have someone composed, presidential and diplomatic taking the stand.

Chances are, we'll pay barely half the attention to his presidency than we have to Trump's because he'll just get things done in a measured, assured and forward-thinking way.

Basically, he won't be a horrid, belligerent gobshite. 

This may come across as a bit daft, but I want to think when the President of the USA comes on TV , there is some serious shit going down

26 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

It is mandatory for every female news anchor to have a blonde bob?

Can you watch CNN for me please ? 

Count how many digs to Trump they get in every 5 minutes. Include on screen messages. It is very funny. 

Just now, jmjhb said:

With the Senate being relatively secure now, Trump is expendable to the GOP

They're my thoughts as well. It might just be perception, but there haven't been very many senior Republican Party figures who've joined Trump in his allegations of fraud. I also read that Murdoch effectively told him to get fucked when he rang and asked him to withdraw Fox News' calling of Arizona to Biden.

He might yet win, but now they have the Senate I think they'd be happy to let him go.

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

They're my thoughts as well. It might just be perception, but there haven't been very many senior Republican Party figures who've joined Trump in his allegations of fraud. I also read that Murdoch effectively told him to get fucked when he rang and asked him to withdraw Fox News' calling of Arizona to Biden.

He might yet win, but now they have the Senate I think they'd be happy to let him go.

That's weird. I posted that yesterday.