Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

• Site Supporter

Richard Tallcunt has just raised something very enlightening on the telly.

If Trump steps back after the election, Pence would become president for 2 months.

every president gets to issue pardons before his run ends. Pence could pardon Trump and he would then have immunity from any future prosecutions for stuff he may have done whilst in office.

Now THAT is smart. If he does it.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If the Donald would just concede, congratulate Joe Biden on the win, hand over the Presidency in a few weeks at the inauguration, he may just come out of it with a little respect. 

He should just look at it and say "I've been president of the United States  of America WOW!" ...i got the economy moving, got people in work including more black people, raised the minimum wage, broketed some peace deals etc... what an achievement, I have a legacy. 

Instead he's gonna look like a sore loser and a bit of a cunt.

He's not gonna "look like" one. He is one.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

If Trump steps back after the election, Pence would become president for 2 months.

every president gets to issue pardons before his run ends. Pence could pardon Trump and he would then have immunity from any future prosecutions for stuff he may have done whilst in office.

He can only be pardon for Federal laws, State law can still get him . Muller did if with Flynn he just hand the indentment over to the State  AG

Edited by tyldesley_white

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I was thinking along the lines of damage limitation 

He's been damaged from the start. He has no sense of dignity, decency or respect for anything or anyone. It's just taken 4 years for some people to start seeing it.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Spider said:

Why the fuck would Pence do that? What would he have to gain? Trump will be completely ostracised from the GOP as soon as his baseless lawsuits are laughed out of court.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

.... but apart from his personality, politically he has done some decent things. If it wasn't for covid, where he has been a complete and utter bellend, he would probably still be president today and that's a fact. 

Seriously though, America needs to do a lot better, surely there are better candidates than these two.

Such as?

• Site Supporter

Looks like I’m in the minority on this, but I’m bored as hell with it all. It’s all repetitive nonsense. And it looks like Dickhead Trump wants to drag it out even longer.

If it wasn’t for the fact that this has repercussions across the world I’d have zero interest.

That said I’m amazed at the millions, who after 4 years of being led by a complete and utter deranged buffoon, who would actively go out, support, raleigh, defend and vote for him.

They really are a nation who host millions of fucked up people and the worrying thing is, it’s not a tiny minority. A shame for the millions of good folk who live there. 

At least if they can get rid of the deluded knobhead, they have a chance of changing this world-wide perception.

18 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Why the fuck would Pence do that? What would he have to gain? Trump will be completely ostracised from the GOP as soon as his baseless lawsuits are laughed out of court.

See I don't see it that way, remember in this election the GOP have gain seats in congress, not lost any seats in the senate and gain one governorship, Trump also managed to get a shit load of republicans out to vote. Biden as more vote than any other person in election history , Trump is the person with the 2nd most votes ... look I hate the man with a passion but he managed to really mobilize the GOP vote, unfortunately for him Biden did it just a little bit better

Edited by tyldesley_white

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tyldesley_white said:

See I don't see it that way, remember in this election the GOP have gain seats in congress, not lost any seats in the senate and gain one governorship, Trump also managed to get a shit load of republicans out to vote. Biden as more vote than another person in election history , Trump is the person 2nd most votes ... look hate the man with a passion but he managed to really mobilize the GOP vote, unfortunately for him Biden did it just a little bit better

You're backing up my point. Trump is now completely dispensable to the Republican Party. He's gone. Why would any of them protect him? To appease his cultish base?

Just now, Cheese said:

You're backing up my point. Trump is now completely dispensable to the Republican Party. He's gone. Why would any of them protect him? To appease his cultish base?

Yes, remember they have mid-term elections here, so in 2 years they are a of congress seat up for grab, the GOP will be think that they can take seats of the Dems, they may keep him at arms length for a while but I can see him doing a lot of campaigning in 2 years, his ego will not let him say no

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tyldesley_white said:

Yes, remember they have mid-term elections here, so in 2 years they are a of congress seat up for grab, the GOP will be think that they can take seats of the Dems, they may keep him at arms length for a while but I can see him doing a lot of campaigning in 2 years, his ego will not let him say no

Think our wires are getting crossed. Mike Pence is not going to take over the Presidency for the next couple of months and pardon Trump for the sake of it.