Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

Trump anticipated the close call in the election. He knew most postal votes would be for Biden and actively requested his own support to vote in person.

In the summer he appointed a placeman as head of the US Mail Service, with a view to slowing delivery times so that many postal votes would not arrive in time for the count. His first act was to ban overtime. Then he arranged for the withdrawal of high-speed sorting machines and many postboxes.

Of course the official result of the ballot has not yet been announced. Over the next few weeks each state will confirm and appoint the relevant slate of candidates to the Electoral College. Trump's strategy appears to be to frustrate enough states to fail to confirm in time for the EC meeting on 14th December, in which case Congress will decide the outcome. It seems very likely that he will not carry his party with him in this unDemocratic manoeuvre.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I think I will need to accept that I got you completely wrong and shall add you to the patronising pricks panel 👍🏼

not at all, well, it wasn't intentionally patronising though I can be a prick

but to say somone "lost", it's not literal, much of the time things are said figuratively, and it's not worth arguing the toss over

Bolty loves DT and has backed him all the way, so you look at that and say "you lost mate, get over it"

it's just semantics, if you want, I can just ignore such questions moving forward, or can try to explain, don't mind

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

not at all, well, it wasn't intentionally patronising though I can be a prick

but to say somone "lost", it's not literal, much of the time things are said figuratively, and it's not worth arguing the toss over

Bolty loves DT and has backed him all the way, so you look at that and say "you lost mate, get over it"

it's just semantics, if you want, I can just ignore such questions moving forward, or can try to explain, don't mind

I just see things differently I guess so apologies for the prick remark. 

you patronising cunt 😘

22 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Trump anticipated the close call in the election. He knew most postal votes would be for Biden and actively requested his own support to vote in person.

In the summer he appointed a placeman as head of the US Mail Service, with a view to slowing delivery times so that many postal votes would not arrive in time for the count. His first act was to ban overtime. Then he arranged for the withdrawal of high-speed sorting machines and many postboxes.

Of course the official result of the ballot has not yet been announced. Over the next few weeks each state will confirm and appoint the relevant slate of candidates to the Electoral College. Trump's strategy appears to be to frustrate enough states to fail to confirm in time for the EC meeting on 14th December, in which case Congress will decide the outcome. It seems very likely that he will not carry his party with him in this unDemocratic manoeuvre.

most of that is correct , but once the the counting as finished and the the vote is certified then the EC will cast their vote on the 14TH wither Trump is still throwing toys out of the pram or not .

Also just as a running total the Trump admin are 10 nil down on court case so far, they can say what they what on twitter or 4 seasons lawn care, but when you get in front of a judge, they dont do bullshit or like it

20 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

most of that is correct , but once the the counting as finished and the the vote is certified then the EC will cast their vote on the 14TH wither Trump is still throwing toys out of the pram or not .

Also just as a running total the Trump admin are 10 nil down on court case so far, they can say what they what on twitter or 4 seasons lawn care, but when you get in front of a judge, they dont do bullshit or like it

Indeed. It was a judge who forced the prioritisation of mail ballots in sorting procedures, demolishing Trump's little wheeze.

23 hours ago, gonzo said:

Copied off twatter.

Summed up for me perfectly...

I’m glad Trump is likely to be gone but remember Trump wasn’t the problem, he was a symptom of a problem that was created by politicians like Biden.

I wonder how someone like Piers Morgan would get on if he ran for election over here? 

Politicians over here have hardly covered themselves in glory over the years 

30 minutes ago, royal white said:

I wonder how someone like Piers Morgan would get on if he ran for election over here? 

Politicians over here have hardly covered themselves in glory over the years 

Rashford would be PM by a land slide at the minute.

Morgan is too much of a cunt. He's disliked by folk on both sides of the coin

32 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

Biden has just made a speech on Covid, which is the speech that should have been made back in Feb.

Just saw the highlights. What a refreshing change already to have someone who knows what they are doing in charge of the free world. I think we'll look back at Trump and just wonder, what the fuck happened there?

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I didn't know it was this bad, looks like creepy sleepy Joe has got form, I imagine he's gonna get 4 years of this, if he lasts that long. 

#Metoo

Did you watch the whole video. The women featured saying they are not accurate. 
Your guy said he would go up to a woman and ‘grab her by the pussy.’ 
If comes to moral high ground Biden can stand at the top and piss on Trumps orange head. 

6 minutes ago, Ani said:

If comes to moral high ground Biden can stand at the top and piss on Trumps orange head. 

The trolls are coming out. Might even catch sight of a midnight Bolty if we're quiet and don't scare him. He's a sensitive creature and scares easily.

40 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Just saw the highlights. What a refreshing change already to have someone who knows what they are doing in charge of the free world. I think we'll look back at Trump and just wonder, what the fuck happened there?

Whoah hang on a minute. I said the same thing the other day and you told me I was trite! 😁

13 minutes ago, Ani said:

Did you watch the whole video ? Watch what the first woman said. Thank me later.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

The trolls are coming out. Might even catch sight of a midnight Bolty if we're quiet and don't scare him. He's a sensitive creature and scares easily.

He’s been lurking

Watching us enjoying the demise of His Precious