Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

• Members

Let’s get back to Politics 

Democrats need a good victory otherwise Biden becomes another talking head not being able to get anything through the Senate. 
Going off how the Election vote went, this will be close 

Just now, Rudy said:

Democrats need a good victory otherwise Biden becomes another talking head not being able to get anything through the Senate. 

they really got to win them both, but saying that I cant see it being split

IF they win I want to see Mitch McConnel's face, leader to side show and a lot of it will be on his own head

3 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

they really got to win them both, but saying that I cant see it being split

IF they win I want to see Mitch McConnel's face, leader to side show and a lot of it will be on his own head

Why is it on McConnels head ? 

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The Don and the democrats wanted to  increase the Covid stimulus packages from $600 - $2000, Mitchy boy blocked it in the senate 

Ahhh. I think Mitch has had a really tough job being the middle man between Trump and reality. 

I wonder for this rally what a good outcome looks like. I am guessing 0 dead. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, Ani said:

Ahhh. I think Mitch has had a really tough job being the middle man between Trump and reality. 

I wonder for this rally what a good outcome looks like. I am guessing 0 dead. 

It’s about to get worse. 
Depends on the result I’d imagine 

38 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It'll be a big win for Republicans with on-the-day votes but then they'll start counting the postal votes...

4 hours ago, Rudy said:

The Don and the democrats wanted to  increase the Covid stimulus packages from $600 - $2000, Mitchy boy blocked it in the senate 

Actually before that the Dems wanted the same for the 2nd stimulus as the first ($1200) Mitch said no and offered $300, it was only when it started to look a bit grim in GA that he got off the fence and offered $600

• Members
4 hours ago, tyldesley_white said:

Actually before that the Dems wanted the same for the 2nd stimulus as the first ($1200) Mitch said no and offered $300, it was only when it started to look a bit grim in GA that he got off the fence and offered $600

$300! Jesus that is grim

looking like the Dems have done it 

• Members
1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

So Trump lost the election, House of Representatives and now the Senate to the Democrats.

Guess he really did drain the swamp after all.

A historically bad election. Maybe they will learn who they consider for the top job from now on. I doubt it though. 

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

I can't believe how many Republicans still haven't distanced themselves from Trump.

Just watching CNN and they are saying it is all the ones who are considering running for President next time round. 
The other story is that Trump will resign early, make Pence Prez and then Pence will pardon Trump and family for anything they have done whilst in power. 

48 minutes ago, Ani said:

Just watching CNN and they are saying it is all the ones who are considering running for President next time round. 

That fact that this is seen as a even a remotely good strategy says an awful lot about a sizable proportion of the US electorate.

• Members
50 minutes ago, Ani said:

The other story is that Trump will resign early, make Pence Prez and then Pence will pardon Trump and family for anything they have done whilst in power. 

Won’t happen. Who pardens Pence? Plus then Pence would only be able to run for one term in the future.

Only one president has ever resigned and it is a huge admission of guilt. 
If they are going to come after Trump it will be for stuff he has done before he was president. 

• Members
27 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

1 down and 1 to go, Joe will be dancing around his living room this morning

His job has just become a hell of a lot easier for at least the next 2 years

Bad election for the Republicans. Going to take a huge effort to win senate back in two and even bigger to win office back in 4