Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

• Members
2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

ok, well if he's not around maybe he could ask Tommy Robinson on lessons in how to fleece money of gullible simpletons

Why would you give money to any political party? Mentalists 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Sweep said:

I've not heard much from Farage recently, has he started to distance himself from Trump yet? - if he has, I'd like to see that back peddle

not able to read the full story, but from what I can see, it looks like he's basically saying "leave him alone"

Nigel Farage warns Democrats: If you 'martyr' Donald Trump what follows 'could be very sinister indeed'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/01/13/nigel-farage-warns-democrats-martyr-donald-trump-follows-could/

11 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

not able to read the full story, but from what I can see, it looks like he's basically saying "leave him alone"

Nigel Farage warns Democrats: If you 'martyr' Donald Trump what follows 'could be very sinister indeed'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/01/13/nigel-farage-warns-democrats-martyr-donald-trump-follows-could/

Donald Trump risks being made a martyr if the Democrats try to impeach or silence him, his friend Nigel Farage warns today.

In his first interview since Trump supporters rioted in the Capitol Building in Washington, Mr Farage, who was in Washington on election day, warns that "if you take Trump out of the picture then what follows Trump could be very sinister indeed".

Speaking to the Telegraph's Trump Card podcast, which you can listen to on the audio player above, he says: "If you take Trump out of the picture, you silence him completely. Then there is a real danger that somebody who is genuinely demagogic comes along."

"And  you know, honestly better the devil you know, in this situation, because it is a very dangerous situation in the USA right now."

Mr Farage accuses senior Democrats of being "so certain of their moral superiority, so filled with hatred and contempt, not just for Trump, but for the values of tens of millions of Americans, that they're going down a course where this guy could be martyred or silenced.

"That is the biggest mistake anybody could make at this moment in time. Donald Trump didn't radicalise tens of millions of Americans. Tens of millions of Americans had already become upset about the mainstream media, increasingly distrustful of social media, had a loathing for Washington and the way that it operates."

He added that this feeling of alienation was "far stronger than Eurosceptics in this country felt about Brussels. These things have been building for years and years and years".

He added: "If you take Trump out of the picture then what follows Trump, what follows Trump could be very sinister indeed.

"So I would urge everybody... they won't listen, I know, but I would urge the Democrats not to be vindictive, and I would urge social media platforms to think again. Otherwise, I think America could be heading into a very, very bad place."

Mr Farage claimed that Trump supporters did not feel they were superior to people who campaigned for Biden saying "they don't hate them... they think they're a bit nuts." 

11 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Similar points been raised on here.  
Trump supporters are basically radicalised living in an echo chamber were they are totally convinced the election and country has been stolen. All it takes is a few idiots to take it up a little and there will a lot of deaths  one thing you can be sure of is that this lot will have guns.

Pretty sure Farage is more concerned about the impact on his mate but the consequences could be severe. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The City of New York is cancelling all contracts associated with the Trump Organisation.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-new-york-pga-championships-golf-new-york-city-c3ec1eadf286008199074c894de31612

That’s the way to do it

Impeachment is martyrdom to him and his cult of diabetic sausages.

cut off his social influence and his revenue wherever possible.

Lets see him Art of the Deal his way out of that.

• Moderators

Ah the old sinister ploy, was used frequently during the Brexit debacle. People on the streets etc.

The echo chamber is pretty much the increasingly politicised social media. It used to be who you followed defined your experience. Now, you just can't fucking avoid it. Folk having a pop at the Police, the media, celebs, other users, all behind a ficticious name. Worst still when they stick some pro/anti-Brexit/Trump hashtag.

Websites and stuff used to be techy people like myself, now you can't avoid the inane ramblings of people with OTT opinions. The pub bore type.

Social media has boiled down to being toxic. Right minded people deserting Twitter, leaving mainly just the loons. Read the BN comments section. It's like the ramblings of K2. Is it one person or a whole load of mentalists? Anyway, that's what that part of society has become. It's the same reason many middle of the road people leave this place alone.

• Members
21 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Martyr? 

Dick.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Ah the old sinister ploy, was used frequently during the Brexit debacle. People on the streets etc.

The echo chamber is pretty much the increasingly politicised social media. It used to be who you followed defined your experience. Now, you just can't fucking avoid it. Folk having a pop at the Police, the media, celebs, other users, all behind a ficticious name. Worst still when they stick some pro/anti-Brexit/Trump hashtag.

Websites and stuff used to be techy people like myself, now you can't avoid the inane ramblings of people with OTT opinions. The pub bore type.

Social media has boiled down to being toxic. Right minded people deserting Twitter, leaving mainly just the loons. Read the BN comments section. It's like the ramblings of K2. Is it one person or a whole load of mentalists? Anyway, that's what that part of society has become. It's the same reason many middle of the road people leave this place alone.

Screecher

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Nowack said:

I can see him being impeached here. Any Republican who fancies a shot at the next election can get rid of one of the main contenders for good.

I'm sure @Rudy knows, but, do the public get to vote for the delegates as well? I always assumed it was an in party thing, and whoever the party decide to put up for election, then the public get to choose

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I'm sure @Rudy knows, but, do the public get to vote for the delegates as well? I always assumed it was an in party thing, and whoever the party decide to put up for election, then the public get to choose

In the run up to an election, the public vote for State 'delegates' who declare their support for a specific Presidential candidate. So basically, the answer to your question is yes.

• Members
7 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

You mean the senators? Yeah they’re public votes

• Moderators

In the run up to an election, the public vote for State 'delegates' who declare their support for a specific Presidential candidate. So basically, the answer to your question is yes.

ok, so Trump could get so far without the support of the Repulican party, but, surely no one would finanically back him next time, and he clearly hasn't got the money to run a campaign himself

either way

I don't think we'll be see a Trump running for election again

Edited by ZicoKelly

Party members vote not just the general public  

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

ok, so Trump could get so far without the support of the Repulican party, but, surely no one would finanically back him next time, and he clearly hasn't got the money to run a campaign himself

either way

He could stand as an independent  there are always independent candidates and the greens  last election was not just Biden v Trump  

• Site Supporter
Just now, ZicoKelly said:

ok, so Trump could get so far without the support of the Repulican party, but, surely no one would back him next time, and he clearly hasn't got the money to run a campaign himself

either way

He probably won't be allowed to run again anyway if he gets Impeached for a second time in the next few hours...

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Ani said:

Party members vote not just the general public  

Any member of the public can vote, although in most states (not all) they have to register their affiliation to a Party first.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

either way

Doubt he'll be around at all in 4 years.

That's a lot of burgers his heart is trying to squeeze blood through.

And he's probably very stressed