Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Any member of the public can vote, although in most states (not all) they have to register their affiliation to a Party first.

Sorry yes you are right.  

Think when you register to vote you register a party affiliation.  

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Definitely not. 

Don't think the Impeachment alone would legally prevent him from running, would it? It's what might happen after it that matters...

I don't think he'll get Impeached anyway.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Don't think the Impeachment alone would legally prevent him from running, would it? It's what might happen after it that matters...

No it wouldn’t. He would be open to investigations though, so lord knows what they’ll find 

• Members
17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Also I think they will have a vote to block him from running again 

33 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Also I think they will have a vote to block him from running again 

I think that's what will also happened, I don't like Mitch McConnel or Pelosi for that matter but they both are very smart and in general know how to get what they want.

So I can see they've gone for impeachment, but are ready to settle on less as long as they can get rid of Trump once and for all, but will go through with the dog and pony show 

• Members
26 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

I think that's what will also happened, I don't like Mitch McConnel or Pelosi for that matter but they both are very smart and in general know how to get what they want.

So I can see they've gone for impeachment, but are ready to settle on less as long as they can get rid of Trump once and for all, but will go through with the dog and pony show 

7 republicans have said they will. Going to be interesting who they are 

• Members

I didn’t think they would reach the stage to even vote, so to get it over the line is very surprising. 
Mike Pence is the winner in all of this.

Streets of America could be very interesting over the next 10 days 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Great news.

God bless Nancy Pelosi (& others) for standing strong in the face of horrendous threats and abuse.

Amazing how so many are downplaying what happened a week ago. As though it was just "hi-jinks" and people who were "carried away in the moment". They were organised, and had a plan - including schematics of the building. They battered a cop to death. If they'd encountered Senators, they'd have killed at least one of them. It's so fucking mental that I can almost understand why people think it was nothing more than a "protest".

Edited by Cheese