Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

I wonder if reporters who followed the protestors into the Capitol building will also be charged?  

Do you ever come to any conclusions about these things you wonder? 🤨

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Yes they should

Then pardoned by Uncle Joe

If they're not supposed to be in there, then yes of course they should be charged....I don't know but could they have press passes maybe that allow them access to the building? - if not, then get them charged

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

It’s not for me to come to the conclusion, but you know that. 

out of interest do you think they should? 

It's not for anyone else to come to a conclusion about your wonderings. You should seek them out for yourself.

21 minutes ago, royal white said:

I wonder if the reporters who followed the protestors into the Capitol building will also be charged?  

No. HTH.  

Reason - Do you have a legitimate reason to be in there ? Yes, it is my job to report and document the news. 

No court is going to prosecute. 

Protester - Do you have a legitimate reason to be in there ? Yes, I was defending democracy and stopping the steal  

Ok ten years now fuck off  

55 minutes ago, royal white said:

I wonder if the reporters who followed the protestors into the Capitol building will also be charged?  

45 minutes ago, Sweep said:

If they're not supposed to be in there, then yes of course they should be charged....I don't know but could they have press passes maybe that allow them access to the building? - if not, then get them charged

There is a precedent for this, back in the 1940's 'Dastardly' Dickie Dimbleby ended up in the dock at Nuremberg - alongside Göring, Hess et al. for his role in reporting from Belsen.

He was sentenced to the gallows, this was later commuted to twelve months curfew monitored by an electronic device, 120 hours community service and to pay £6 17s 8½d compensation to The State of Israel.

So RW isn't completely suffering from keyboard diarrhoea and eagerness to absolve the great patriots and bestest prez ever of one iota of blame...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators
1 hour ago, royal white said:

any idea how many got in?

all the footage I've seen appears to be recorded mobile and shared on twitter

anyway

no, not in this instance, particulary if their footage helps identify anyone who went in fucking around

edit:

found this one from ITV

looks like he's helped identify quite a few fuckwits here:

Edited by ZicoKelly

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

any idea how many got in?

all the footage I've seen appears to be recorded mobile and shared on twitter

anyway

no, not in this instance, particulary if their footage helps identify anyone who went in fucking around

No idea but there was one bit of footage which showed security telling reporters that they’re not allowed in yet at the same time dozens of protestors were passing between them both. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, royal white said:

Hence posting on a forum where many people think they have all the answers. 

Do you think they should? 

No, I don't think they should. Do you, or are you still too busy wondering?

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, royal white said:

No idea but there was one bit of footage which showed security telling reporters that they’re not allowed in yet at the same time dozens of protestors were passing between them both. 

Do you think the reporters should be prosecuted?

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, royal white said:

yeah I think in the grand scheme of things, the reporters did nothing wrong - as Ani said, just look at the context of their intentions - they were either denying democracy and taking part in a pretend revolution, or, they were reporting on what was happening (and as said, they got interviews with some making it easy to find them) - job well done

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

No, I don't think they should. Do you, or are you still too busy wondering?

Trespassing is trespassing. What’s stopping some of the protestors who went live to say they were reporting on what was happening? No doubt plenty of their footage will lead to arrests/charges 

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

Trespassing is trespassing. What’s stopping some of the protestors who went live to say they were reporting on what was happening? No doubt plenty of their footage will lead to arrests/charges 

If they had Press credentials and a camera crew, then yeah, I suppose that would be a good excuse for being there. 😶

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

So you do think the reporters should be prosecuted?

• Moderators

it looks like it's up to goverment who they choose to prosecute (obviously):

https://www.thewrap.com/washington-post-journalists-arrested-capitol/
Following the unprecedented and violent events of Wednesday afternoon, a 6 p.m. ET curfew was put into effect in the nation’s capital. Members of the media, per the curfew, were said to be exempt.

that sounds like the government understand the role of the media 

and then there's this:

https://theconversation.com/why-the-news-media-may-not-want-to-share-capitol-riot-images-with-the-police-153076
However, it may be the unpublished images that will be of most interest to law enforcement agencies as they track down and arrest as many of the rioters as possible for breaking a range of laws. The agencies may request or demand that news organizations turn over their unpublished material, which would force the media outlets to make uncomfortable choices.