Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

7 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/duck-or-rabbit-100-year-old-optical-illusion-tells-you-how-creative-you-are-a6873106.html

Mr Jastrow's research was based on how quickly one can see the second animal and how fast participants could change their perception of the drawing to switch between the two animals.

The faster you can do this this, the quicker your brain works and the more creative you are, the research suggested.

I may be using this example completely out of context, but the point is, these days, an individual's perecption is their truth, and very rarely do they compromise it or look at others view points

So it would imply I’m very receptive to different views then and can see the world from an overarching sort of superior position Than the minions?😚

8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

True and he's very popular, just think some of his stuff is just OK, rather than massively enlightening. Plus his writing is at points in his books are teeth nashingly bad. But as I say some of the points he has made are useful.

Right and wrong yes, but there has to be a line drawn I believe, with certain issues, lest we tolerate some of the darker aspects of the populist narratives. 

👍

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

the opening line of that ace Bee Gees documentary I watched the other sums up life for me these day

“I am beginning to recognize the fact that nothing is true, It’s all down to perception.”
Barry Gibb, 2019

and that's how it is these days, folk see what they see, and nothing will change there mind

see below - is it a rabbit, or a duck?  some will see one thing, others another - problem is these days, very few will acknowledge it's both

duck-rabbit.pngg

It's a kookaburra and a hare.

• Site Supporter
19 hours ago, bolty58 said:

There won't be time unfortunately. You were on the potentials list as a thickbrown snitch along with MickyD.

Ah well, tempus fugit.

Don’t bring me into your petty bickering. I happened to quote someone in my reply to them, you sulked because you didn’t want to see what that person had written and you accused me of quoting just to piss you off when in fact, I give absolutely no fucks at all. Once you’d chucked teddy from the pram it was game on for a few weeks and then I got bored.

Edited by MickyD
Fat fingers

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Wow ok 

Yep, and the White House as still not lowered the flag for the officers death, all the other buildings have.

Articles of impeachment have been drafted, they could vote Monday

If I was Iran I would be a bit worried because MR Dick Head may want to go out in a blaze of glory.

All this its only 11 days what can he do, is the same as they said after the election, we will just humor him what's the worst he can do .... well Republican's the evidence is in and right at this moment they are trying to re-write history