Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

The 2020 USA Presidential election


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At least these protestors didn’t do something violent and unpatriotic like kneeling for the national anthem 

You mean like folk holding up brexit with pointless legal challenges and obstruction ? That sort of can’t get over it? 

Same people On here who are already criticising trumps reported intent to fight the democratic vote are the same folk who thought it was ok during The past 4 years To do exactly the same in this count

7 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

There was something about Trump's final weeks on the telly...

The only Republican who believed in Giuliani was Trump - all the others thought he was crackers.

Giuliani probably thinks he’s untouchable and Trump gives the impression that he thinks the same. 
He was the AG so he should know better.

Trump will be acquitted again, and even if he’s not he won’t be criminally convicted. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a good thing tbh - his supporters are so entrenched punishing the cunt would only reinforce his status as a martyr.

It'd be reaffirmation that the state is rotten and Trump is to be feared/silenced as a paragon of truth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Maybe a good thing tbh - his supporters are so entrenched punishing the cunt would only reinforce his status as a martyr.

It'd be reaffirmation that the state is rotten and Trump is to be feared/silenced as a paragon of truth.

Hopefully the capitol riots will teach die hard republicans to vote as a democracy rather than a half arsed attempt at a coup

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've wrote on here before, there are folk who claim to be Conservatives (big c) here who'd be expelled from that party for their views in reality.

The Republicans are a bit more tolerant of lunatic fringes but hopefully, like you say, the riots may have swung things back to a modicum of good sense.

There will always be extreme elements, right and left, and the past decade they've been punching above their weight.

Empty vessels making the most noise.

But anything rotten will eventually collapse.

With any luck we're witnessing the start of the rot.

Maybe in five or ten years this place will be back to discussing tits, drink, drugs and Ghanaian tractor exporters* and utter wank 'politics' threads will be a thing of the past?

 

Edit: * and football, sometimes I forget, football too.

Edited by Youri McAnespie
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I've wrote on here before, there are folk who claim to be Conservatives (big c) here who'd be expelled from that party for their views in reality.

The Republicans are a bit more tolerant of lunatic fringes but hopefully, like you say, the riots may have swung things back to a modicum of good sense.

There will always be extreme elements, right and left, and the past decade they've been punching above their weight.

Empty vessels making the most noise.

But anything rotten will eventually collapse.

With any luck we're witnessing the start of the rot.

Maybe in five or ten years this place will be back to discussing tits, drink, drugs and Ghanaian tractor exporters* and utter wank 'politics' threads will be a thing of the past?

 

Edit: * and football, sometimes I forget, football too.

If history has taught us anything is that for things to get better you have to suffer. 
Trumps reign will be good for America in the long run, never should a man be so out of his depth be in the oval office 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If history has taught us anything is that for things to get better you have to suffer. 
Trumps reign will be good for America in the long run, never should a man be so out of his depth be in the oval office 

The first president elected by social media, in a sense. Driven by populism and a “silent majority” that were anything but.

Which should be proof that it shouldn’t be allowed to happen again.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

If history has taught us anything is that for things to get better you have to suffer. 
Trumps reign will be good for America in the long run, never should a man be so out of his depth be in the oval office 

So they replace him with a near 80 year old who’s clearly not in the best of health. 
 

Murica

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, royal white said:

So they replace him with a near 80 year old who’s clearly not in the best of health. 
 

Murica

I know you were a big fan of The Don, but an 80 year old politician is still light years ahead of an angry golfer with a track record of failed businesses and rabid narcissism.

How many family members has Biden put in senior positions around the presidency?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

I know you were a big fan of The Don, but an 80 year old politician is still light years ahead of an angry golfer with a track record of failed businesses and rabid narcissism.

How many family members has Biden put in senior positions around the presidency?

I didn’t know that was a way of proving your sanity 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

I didn’t know that was a way of proving your sanity 

I’m sure he’s passed basic sanity tests to be given the Presidency.

Trump was a simply awful president and having your family surrounding you in such a position is more reminiscent of North Korea than a western democracy.

I notice his supporters have skulked off and are licking their wounds in quiet, dark corners of the internet.

In the end, it was a rather distasteful 4 years that will only be remembered for failure and, ultimately, paddying.

As foretold by the Visionaries.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’m sure he’s passed basic sanity tests to be given the Presidency.

Trump was a simply awful president and having your family surrounding you in such a position is more reminiscent of North Korea than a western democracy.

I notice his supporters have skulked off and are licking their wounds in quiet, dark corners of the internet.

In the end, it was a rather distasteful 4 years that will only be remembered for failure and, ultimately, paddying.

As foretold by the Visionaries.

 

It was a fantastic 4 years, the best ever, the greatest. 
 

GBA 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, royal white said:

So they replace him with a near 80 year old who’s clearly not in the best of health. 
 

Murica

Hence his VP a former DA & AG

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

It was a fantastic 4 years, the best ever, the greatest. 
 

GBA 

What were the highlights?

The wall in Colorado to stop Mexicans was one of mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

You and George Clooney getting rattled 

Shock initially, followed by a gradual widening of grins as the meltdown and frothing got bigger and bigger.

That last few months was delicious.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest issue with Trump and the lesson US politics needs to learn is that so much power in one person is dangerous.

It is bizarre that he was allowed to appoint his family to senior positions so his daughter seemed to have more power than any other Republican. 
 

They also face the same challenge as we do over here convincing people that politicians actually give a shit about 'average' people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ani said:

 

It is bizarre that he was allowed to appoint his family to senior positions so his daughter seemed to have more power than any other Republican. 
 

 

Your really are not allowed too, but the GOP didn't want to uphold the rule, they had the upper hand so they did fuck all. It now seems to have come back and bit them in the arse.

Trump also was just told to hand over his tax returns last week

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.