Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

Great, well you and bolty can go on his world tour which would be entertaining and safely away from decision making that affects the future of the planet.

You’re going to be a very disappointed wee man if you think this fixes the planet and the crazy world we live in. 

1 minute ago, jmjhb said:

Perhaps this will remind the parties that picking a polarising candidate never works 

Agreed. It’s been said a million times in other threads on here. Until the extremes of both sides are removed from political parties then we will be in a perpetual state of political chaos. 

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

But what is fundamentally different in what he’s about to do compared to What’s happened in this country for most of the last 4 years? Genuinely how can one be deemed ok but one not? Both as bad as each other no?

Yep, I get your point, but this bloke is on a different level

I would think that having seen some of the magnanimous stuff posted since Brexit by SOME Remainers. 

As well as talking about taking defeat gracefully Biden supporters (or even people are just anti Trump) Should remember it is time to also take the potential victory gracefully. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Is he fit to be president of a country And more so one as powerful as the US? Is he fuck. Guys a lunatic. But great to watch.  

Why is Trump's lunacy "great to watch"? Would you find a Lefty Lunatic President equally entertaining, as long as they annoyed a large number of people?

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

You really don’t get it do you. It’s utterly hilarious and shall never get tiresome. both trump and Boris are bellends of the highest order. But the froth it causes from some folks wee willies is worth it. I’m lucky I can switch off to it. They live rent free in many people’s minds and it’s so fulfilling to see the boil over on a daily basis. 

None of these people you speak of know who you are. You will never meet any of them.

Yet when it comes to trivial matters like who leads the US, or even the country you live in, apparently pissing them off is more important than anything else.

Who's living rent free in who's head?

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Perhaps this will remind the parties that picking a polarising candidate never works 

It worked in 2016. It might even have worked this time (in which case, Trump will no doubt retract all his "Vote-rigging" lawsuits. If not, it will work again one day.

Just now, Tombwfc said:

None of these people you speak of know who you are. You will never meet any of them.

Yet when it comes to trivial matters like who leads the US, or even the country you live in, apparently pissing them off is more important than anything else.

Who's living rent free in who's head?

My best mate is one of them. We have hours of endless pisstaking about it. He was my best mate before our views on stuff like this diverged and he will always be. So you are fundamentally wrong in your statement. 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

It worked in 2016. It might even have worked this time (in which case, Trump will no doubt retract all his "Vote-rigging" lawsuits. If not, it will work again one day.

Nah, Trump won because he wasn't Hillary

Biden is winning this because he isn't Trump

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Why is Trump's lunacy "great to watch"? Would you find a Lefty Lunatic President equally entertaining, as long as they annoyed a large number of people?

Yes. Because people get too entrenched in it all. Make themselves ill about it all And  I find it mystifying.  

Whoever is in power in the country I reside in, be it A left , right or centrist party, I will make the best of my way through it and do what I can for me and my family. Its why I don’t vote as I just get my head down if I’m honest cheese and make the most of it. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

Yes. Because people get too entrenched in it all. Make themselves ill about it all And  I find it mystifying.  

Whoever is in power in the country I reside in, be it A left , right or centrist party, I will make the best of my way through it and do what I can for me and my family. Its why I don’t vote as I just get my head down if I’m honest cheese and make the most of it. 

Ah. Fair enough. Assume you'll be enjoying all the Trump supporters whining if Biden wins then?

Just now, Cheese said:

Ah. Fair enough. Assume you'll be enjoying all the Trump supporters whining if Biden wins then?

I don’t actually know many supporters of trump or many folk actually interested in us politics if I’m honest. If people get in a meltdown though about it I will find it equally as funny as I do the meltdowns on here about Boris et al. 

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

My best mate is one of them. We have hours of endless pisstaking about it. He was my best mate before our views on stuff like this diverged and he will always be. So you are fundamentally wrong in your statement. 

It was quite an odd statement to make 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I don’t actually know many supporters of trump or many folk actually interested in us politics if I’m honest. If people get in a meltdown though about it I will find it equally as funny as I do the meltdowns on here about Boris et al. 

So your enjoyment of Trump's lunacy is entirely based on the fact that it pisses off your best mate? Or do you know loads of other people who don't like Trump?

Edited by Cheese