Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

True 

Been amplified massively this year though, because of Covid 

Many Trump supporters think Covid is made up, holding rallies with no masks etc, happy to tip up at a polling station 

Democrats more concerned about catching it 

That in itself sums up how fucking odd that place is. Your political leaning makes you view a virus differently. Madness. They deserve all they fucking get. The don or creepy sleep joe. 

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

how is any more robust? 

You don’t need to take ID with you if you go in person 

I was asked for ID on the one occasion I voted in the referendum. We all were. Maybe that was a localised issue. I just assumed it was standard practice but clearly not 

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Can't see how it's any better really. You just wander in and place your vote with literally no ID check. 

If there's any evidence of fraud in the mailing votes then it needs publishing. And quick. I've not seen anything apart from Donald moaning about.

I don’t think there has been mass fraud. That’s not my point. I just find it odd how postal votes can be so heavily swayed towards one person at levels like 80%. Very odd 

• Members
3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

By the same token - do we have to find it a touch odd that walk in votes are so heavily skewed towards Trump?

He’s been Playing down corona and mail in voting is bollocks so his supporters believed him

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I was asked for ID on the one occasion I voted in the referendum. We all were. Maybe that was a localised issue. I just assumed it was standard practice but clearly not 

I don’t think there has been mass fraud. That’s not my point. I just find it odd how postal votes can be so heavily swayed towards one person at levels like 80%. Very odd 

The last few times I've not been asked for ID when I've voted, just my postcode and name

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

True 

Been amplified massively this year though, because of Covid 

Many Trump supporters think Covid is made up, holding rallies with no masks etc, happy to tip up at a polling station 

Democrats more concerned about catching it 

Aye, seems that way, I just can't imagine all Trump's followers being so blasé. Some do wear masks for example and some must be wary of the disease. 

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

how is any more robust? 

You don’t need to take ID with you if you go in person 

Like that over here.

More concern here is over the chance of folk being pressured when they use post.

Don't suppose that happens in person.

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

The 80% I quoted for Philadelphia is Bidens share of the total vote in that city thus far, walk ins and postal 

If the 50k postal votes the city still has to count come in at the same rate as the total vote thus far then it shaved another 40k off Trumps lead 

Couldn't bring myself to vote for Yasmin last election - voted Green so he wouldn't lose his deposit and he lives on Minorca St - a shithole...

Didn't even vote in the EU ref - catshit or dogshit...

Voted for 'new Labour' as a kid and voted for someone or other as a twelve year old with my late old man's card.

They didn't give a shit.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Leader of the US trying to stop people's votes being counted. No other word for it. Dangerous times.

If he loses, then I wonder what chances there are of taking the fucker down in court. Hoping he won't be protected by the White House this time. It's a long shot.

Trump's America

But it's ok, it pisses off George Clooney and Ashley Judd

44 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Aye anyone explain why postal votes are majority Democrat?

A lot of Dems voters in those areas are Black and poor, maybe working 2/3 jobs just to keep going, they dont have 3 to 4 hours to spare to stand in line to vote or the time it takes them to get to the polls because there is a very good chance they don't own a car, so they do it by mail, that doesn't take much time out of the day

Edited by tyldesley_white