Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

3 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Yup

Covers every thread on here and beyond

I tweeted a Remembrance Sunday post on Twitter. 
An ex / rare poster on here replied that he was surprised if posted it. 
Because I’m not a Bojo / Trump fan apparently I cannot support remembrance

The fucktard omitted to think about the fact that I’m actually raising money for the Legion because poppy sales will be down. Literally 2 tweets earlier

It’s a great example of this utter nonsense 

poppy poilce, another set of pricks

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I'd definitely recommend The Trump Show on BBC catch up.  When you see what he got away with, how he's behaved in power, you'll just be thankful Biden has put an end to it.

To coin a phrase, I'll enjoy every delicious moment of his downfall.

What I dont get with this is why so many were unwilling to leave his inner circle, with him being a cunt. Often with them.

Just an odious human.

No one agrees with every politician's intentions and ideas, but that's very different to putting up with his behaviour. 

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What I dont get with this is why so many were unwilling to leave his inner circle, with him being a cunt. Often with them.

Just an odious human.

No one agrees with every politician's intentions and ideas, but that's very different to putting up with his behaviour. 

Clinging on to strands of power

Essentially they are “bought”

Seen it so many times in business around tyrants 

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just an odious human.

Amazing wasn't it?  Just self preservation amongst politicians, medical experts, military staff all too shit scared to go against a narcissist who would happily have chucked them under the bus once they'd served their purpose.  Quite frightening really that people with such power and supposed conviction would choose the easy, most personally convenient route rather than do the right thing.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just an odious human.

Probably because those that do end up in prison

4 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Donald Trump is probably the most graceless leader the  western world has ever seen. I'm not sorry to see him go. For most of my life (had I been born American) I'd have voted Democrat. For the last decade or so I'd have voted Republican in the same way that I've started voting Conservative in the UK.

In the 2016 US election I'd have been very hard pressed to back Trump because he was coming across as a self-absorbed egotist back then too. I couldn't stand Hilary Clinton either so it would have been Hobson's choice. Four years in the White House has done nothing to heal his character flaws. The horrible tantrum we are now seeing in trying to undermine and de-legitimise a clear election result will taint his legacy long after he's gone and is corrosive to democracy.

Very well put paul 

The toxicity of the Clintons helped Trump get in. Hopefully we’ll start to see an end to the horrific divisiveness that he generated

I see no reason to slate Biden and I hope that he has good advisors that he listens to

4 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I’m really sorry but can you point me to the hidden thread where people are posting their knowledge on this? TIA

tbf their are probably two or three folk on here who clearly do have knowledge on this subject, you’re clearly not one of them.
The rest are just knobheads on a football forum. 

At least cite me for fuck's sake. 😀

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Clinging on to strands of power

Essentially they are “bought”

Seen it so many times in business around tyrants 

Is it not short termism though. He's been such a cock that they might expect their career to be potentially better served by being on the fringe, and once hes gone, get back on the train.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Members
20 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Very well put paul 

The toxicity of the Clintons helped Trump get in. Hopefully we’ll start to see an end to the horrific divisiveness that he generated

I see no reason to slate Biden and I hope that he has good advisors that he listens to

Trump got in for a number of reasons, 8 years of a black Democrat, no fuckin way was America voting in a Woman who the southern states absolutely despise

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Is it not short termism though. He's been such a cock that they might expect their career to be potentially better served by being on the fringe, and once hes gone, get back on the train.

Dunno 

The US is v different to over here; a lot of our civil servants work with all.

They have a proper clear out don’t they. 

Maybe they’re more desirable after for being in the President’s inner circle for longer

Can see a few “blowing the whistle” on him in the next few years for a few Benjamins 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I don't get the impression folk are heralding him as some sort of Messiah. At least not on here.

I don't expect America to heal over night, or for Trump's brand of toxic populism to go away either.

But fuck me it's still a significant result. Scuse the soppyness, but it feels fitting that on a day that we remember all those who died protecting democracy, that a western leader with a clear disregard for that system has been defeated.

And to top it off a party that recognises the existence of climate change.

You don't need to be an expert in American politics to recognise that all this is a step in the right direction.

Very good post. Well said 👏🏽

4 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I don't get the impression folk are heralding him as some sort of Messiah. At least not on here.

I don't expect America to heal over night, or for Trump's brand of toxic populism to go away either.

But fuck me it's still a significant result. Scuse the soppyness, but it feels fitting that on a day that we remember all those who died protecting democracy, that a western leader with a clear disregard for that system has been defeated.

And to top it off a party that recognises the existence of climate change.

You don't need to be an expert in American politics to recognise that all this is a step in the right direction.

More people voted for trump than we have on these shores. These people have lived with his policies and nonsense for the last 4 years all voted for him. America’s issues run much much deeper than a leader  as you elude to. 

I don’t think for one minute the Republicans as a party don’t believe climate change exists although one of the 3 or so folk in here that actually know anything about US politics can either confirm or deny this for me? Acknowledging something and doing something about it are two very different things. We all live with issues we know exist and know are detrimental yet still do it. We don’t dent their basic existence. 

where have I said it’s not a positive step that trump has now gone? Would be interested to see that view point coming from me which you imply? 

40 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I often got the impression that a lot of them wouldn't have had a chance of being in their positions under any other leadet. Trump was their one shot at power.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I often got the impression that a lot of them wouldn't have had a chance of being in their positions under any other leadet. Trump was their one shot at power.

Really?

He's flirted loads, and the medical man was due to be the next. Dont see them all being hangers on.

Definitely want to read some books (Bolton's for example) as they come out.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Really?

He's flirted loads, and the medical man was due to be the next. Dont see them all being hangers on.

Can't wait for Melania's...

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Really?

I think we might be at crossed wires. I didn't mean the likes of Fauci, who he didn't appoint, but General Flynn, "Mad Dog" Mattis, etc.

The Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis and Fire and Fury by Micharl Wollf (the journalist in The Trump Show) are supposed to be quite good.

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Really?

Under a normal President, you would normally walk into  another good job after you left, but with this one unless you rock up at Fox or some far right radio or paper those that have left have found new work hard to come by ( beside writing books about there time in the WH), Im not even  including those that have been jailed

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

Under a normal President, you would normally walk into  another good job after you left, but with this one unless you rock up at Fox or some far right radio or paper those that have left have found new work hard to come by ( beside writing books about there time in the WH), Im not even  including those that have been jailed

Hence my initial question, why be tainted with him- get out of his twatdom and wait until he's gone.

To be honest, I'm surprised some of them accepted offers of a position with him, given his tendency to fire on a whim.

Perhaps they just thought he was ace, dunno.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hence my initial question, why be tainted with him- get out of his twatdom and wait until he's gone.

To be honest, I'm surprised some of them accepted offers of a position with him, given his tendency to fire on a whim.

Perhaps they just thought he was ace, dunno.

one or 2 didn't really want to, but their sense of duty to the US ( and I think they thought they could control some of his impulses) made them take the job.