Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield Home

DomRepWanderer

Reading IE’s comments this morning seems Crellin as a few weeks left before Gilks will replace him if no improvement. Obviously no real plan B if he had got injured.

Seems that Darcy will start tonight as well, presumably in place of Crawford if Delfounesno is available.

1 hour ago, Rizlar said:

Straight from kick off  a Mansfield player shoots from the half way line Crellin misses it and they score we have 90 per possession but we give away 2 free kicks and they chip both over the wall and he tries to punch the ball and misses both. Crellin saved a last minute penalty but we lose 3-0 .

IE says he was disappointed with the performance but the penalty save will boost Crellin’s confidence.

We actually win 2-1

Imagine the Mansfield team talk. 

‘This lot are shot for confidence, get in their faces , kick everything that moves from moment we kick off.  Any corners or free kicks lump in the box and smash the keeper. We happily take a couple of bookings to shake him up even more. Just fucking get at them. ‘ 

Sounds like Darcy could be starting tonight. Wonder what position he'll play.

If we lose this one then serious questions will start to be asked. I've been optimistic about Evatt and willing to be patient with him but he needs to get some points on the board to give himself breathing space before anything else. 

Please no clangers from the usual suspects tonight and a win. Starting to get a bad feeling about it though... 😬

1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

I know what you mean , our record against these isn't the greatest as it is . If we have recognized forwards I think we can get something , if it's the attack we had after Delf went off then I worry for us.

What the fuck has that got to do with it - when did we last play them. and how many players from each of tonights 18 featured in that game

IT HAS NO RELEVANCE