Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mansfield Home

DomRepWanderer

2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Darcy & Fonz - good news

Baptiste & Crellin - shit news

Tutte dropped - don’t get it

Im not sure with this fella but I’m still going a win 2-1 to the lockdown whites 

I'm not sure how he can avoid playing Baptiste. He could move Brockbank back across but I wouldn't want Gordon or Mascoll in our team at the moment.

Apparently Tutte struggles to play three matches a week.

19 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Saturday was a horror show, but prior to that we'd found a back line which was helping get us results. It make sense to stick with it. It's not like the others are knocking on the door.

Yep hopefully Saturday was just a bad day at the office and they can play much better tonight. I'm still not happy about no keeper on the bench though.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

My first ever game watching Bolton was against Mansfield in what's now Championship in 1977. Won 2-0 with a Frankie brace. Happy days that seem a long way off on a football front.

Pretty sure that was on motd for some strange reason

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

So we have a midfield without a tackler in there. 

Can just see them playing easy balls through midfield. 

God hope I am wrong. 

To be fair Mansfield have been worse than us this season , I would imagine their confidence is fairly rock bottom , I don't think it will take a lot for their heads to drop either. Let's hope so.

Edited by dusan nikolic

41 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Well Baptiste and Crellin are playing which is a surprise to be honest. Hopefully we get on the front foot and play in their half.

Sheer arrogance

Although I stated that I won't fork out my tenner if these two get a start I'm a moth to the flame

37 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

My first ever game watching Bolton was against Mansfield in what's now Championship in 1977. Won 2-0 with a Frankie brace. Happy days that seem a long way off on a football front.

Ha ha remember that day, coaches going from moor lane bus station, tried to get on Hargreaves coach’s which were luxury and more expensive than Ribble rabble, unfortunately all the Hargreaves coaches were full as were the road worth Ribble buses, a few stragglers including me were  left behind, thankfully someone found an old 84 single decker bus which was  a right old battle bus, anyhow we travelled over at about 40 mph all the way to Mansfield, was it Nicholson who smashed one in from 25 yards?